fourka

fourka

Posted by jeff 
Re: fourka
April 22, 2007 04:50PM
Why is it that in most european countries are killing stray dogs, just to please tourists!

This is not fair and surely the animals should be rehomed and not destroyed

What is the situation with stray cats, have the poisoned them aswell?

Joe
April 22, 2007 07:47PM
They are not destroying dog's to please the tourist's what you have to remember is that this is a tourist area, out of season the population drop's dramaticaly so the dogs are forced either to kill local livestock or face starvation. The local farmers as in the UK are struggling to make a living so do not have a lot of time for stray dogs, that kill their live stock(no matter how cute we think they are,as tourist's for our 2 week's)
sorry to say no matter how cruel we think this practice is unless we contribute to have the dogs re homed the fact is they will be killed out of season.
So if you really want to save these dog's that are such great company on your holidays look out for the collection tin's on the local bar's and put your change in at the end of the night.

regards

Phil.
April 23, 2007 07:14AM
Yiasou Jeff,
all the roads are still open, the one from the square to the Aquarius has been worked on and back filled and of course the tractors are churning it up so there is a lot of loose debris around, dodgy for people hiring mopeds. All the roads in the three villages Fourka, Kalandra and Kassandrino have been back filled but no tarmack so it is grotty at the moment.
No dogs have been poisoned that I have heard of, Bonny, Lulu etc are all still around and Julie feeds them all through the winter.
Aristides is the new mayor of this area and as he owns the hotel he had had the beach cleaned up and it will be done every two weeks through the season. I think with him being mayor there will be many improvments to the area over the next few years, the previous mayors have been old farmers who neglected the tourist areas but things should now change.
Probably see you in Jimmy's one night.
Buster
April 23, 2007 05:06PM
Buster, there have been dogs poisoned since Nov. I visited Julie over Easter and she showed me four dogs she had saved.

Phil I agree, please everyone who reads this who loves dogs contribute to the collection tins. Although I totally disagree with poisoning the dogs, after all it is not their fault they are alive, it is the person who dumped the parents/grandparents in the first place.

Anyway I shall be helping Julie out as much as I can over next three years whilst we live all summer over there. I am currently trying to get some sponsorship from UK. She does a great job and is now solo so having to find finances. It is a real struggle and I admire her for what she is doing.

The other aspect of course Phil about poisoning is that it is indiscrimate. We are taking our lab over and labs eat anything. So we have to be very very careful with her, always carry salt water etc. There must be better ways to control a stray population.

Jeff, yes the roads are awful near Kalandra, Fourka, Kassandrino, we went up them all in our hire car, very carefully of course ! Not sure when they will backfill properly and level roads off. Where we live in Mola Kaliva they seemed to be doing a better job, but who knows what we will find when we go back August.

Cheers everyone

April 23, 2007 05:58PM
jeff 4weeks today yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cant wait.in a previous message i remember you mentioned something about toiletries in plastic bags and small bottles can u give me a bit more on that as i havnt any info bout all that carry on thank you mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i can taste my frappe n baileys as we speak
April 24, 2007 08:10AM
Have a look at this site, it gives you the current security status.

[www.dft.gov.uk]
April 24, 2007 11:55AM
yasou Buster

Is Jimmys still open ?????
heard so many different stories but nothing on their web site of which im a member as too whats whats

many thnks for info on road situation

Now my holiday has been brightend up with the news maybe my little lulu and some other dogs are still in village
i miss lulu so much ... do you know even in england and its been 2 yrs since last in Fourka i can still hear her yapping away
which ones bonny ???
i (laugh) give them all my own names LaLU(lulu)
Zorro a big grey alsation type
and the Devil Dog who belongs to stephan at the Crepe` ice cream parlour.
is Nigger still there ( funny story to go with this dog )
you cant miss me im the one in biker clothes goatee beard long blonde/grey hair with redhead partner and cheeky 17 month old nutter for a child lol
congatulations to Aristidis on his new appointment of Mayor.
glad beach is sorted too.
hope to meet for a drink soon
yamas
Jeff
April 24, 2007 12:14PM
Greavsey ............. Phil beat me to sending you the web site
smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley.

thought my tastes were bad when i order amstel with a Creme` De Menthe`(depth Charge)
in same glass .
most bars wont do it but Nikos will in the yaimas bar or what ever its called nowwinking smiley

right im of to earn more beer tokens ready for Fourka

see you all soon
Yamas
Jeff

April 24, 2007 03:22PM
Hi Jeff,
Jimmy is not open yet but will be when you get here. The bar is outside now by the pool and the old bar is the hotel reception. In low season you need a fleece to wear round the bar as it gets a bit chilly at night, or maybe I have gone soft living out here for so long.
Bonny is the black and tan thin dog that loves being petted. She looks starved but gets plenty to eat, we used to look after her and Lulu through the winter when we lived down by the beach but she is a wonderer and wouldn't live in the village. Tasoula and Angelos look after Lulu, they have the Iris snack bar. We have our own dog in the village but he only gets out on the lead. As Jane said dogs do get poisoned but I think most of the time the farmers are after the foxes, My mate Christos lost all 30 of his hens to a fox that only took one but killed them all, he doesn't use any poison but he said some farmers do and ferel dogs find the bait and eat it.
I think I have seen you a few times over the years, I will say hello when you are here.
Buster
April 24, 2007 04:30PM
hi jeff im glad to see you likke creme de menthe i luv it in a tall glass with lots of crushed ice and baileys now to me that is heaven in a glass. I luv to try mixed drinks and have tried the creme de menthe and amstel before very nice it was too.Also one to try is jack daniels and black zambuka mmmmmmm or half a lager in a pint glass mixed with a bottle of blue wicked and also the famous cheeky vimto blue wicked and a shot of port liquid heaven especially when drank in fourka theres nothing better 3weeks and 6dayssssssssssssss
April 24, 2007 06:47PM
hi Buster.

wow great news i was gonna book one of Tasoulas appartments but ended up going to aristidis instead . The dogs sit with me on the beach when i go fishing and lay under my sunbed when im on the beach If you know the Black and white bitch think her names Elsa
well a few yrs now i was fishing and as i cast out i accidently caught her nr her eye with the hook ..... do you know that dog sat so patiently on the beach while someone lent me a pair of pliers i cut the hook in half and removed it and that dog never flinched or attempted to go for me bless her.
do the two brothers still run the store across from Iris ????

I really cant wait to come back to fourka and see all my friends ive made over the time ive been there.

and a trip to the Black Pool is a must as my wifes ashes and a little monument are there i just hope the fire hasnt ruined her plot.

yamas
Jeff
April 24, 2007 07:01PM
now greavsey dont get me going on them there cocktails me and my mate did the whole of Jimmys cocktail list one nite . next day we hired a car out went to well tried to get to Mamas market, but ended up in Polichrono and fell asleep in the car park till 7 pm lol.
Cant drink port makes me vilantly sick.
Batidas my most fav short

oh and your NOT counting either are you lol

bye 4 now

jeff
April 25, 2007 03:40PM
no jeff not counting but if you give me a minute i will let ya no how many hours minutes and seconds there is .No only joking. What time you flying jeff we fly 10.25 from manchester on the 21st.Cant wait to get there and the same as you see all our good friends we have met over the last 6 yrs.Its so excitingggggggggggggggggggg
April 27, 2007 02:05PM
hiya

we are on the 7 am flight from luton
arrive 12.30 in seloniki
leave seloniki 1pm
1 1/2 hrs ont bus to Fourka should be in kanalis bar having a frappe` by 3 pm lol

guess what ive only lost my passport and medical card
think my lad has dumped it in rubbish bin
sooooooo now i gotta go to peterboro monday and spend another £100 on passport / pictures
so im a bit ***sed off
bloody kids huh

think this holiday has turned out very expensive could have had a new m/cycle with the money lol
but never mind im off to chill and get a nice tan ready for my wedding next year.

see ya even sooner now 3 weeks n 3 days to lift off

Jeff
April 27, 2007 08:02PM
get that passport sorted jeff u aint goin nowhere without that mate .we just renewed nathalies for her it cost us 66pound for passport and 7 pound for check and send expensive but worth every penny when ya get there 3weeks and3days yeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
April 29, 2007 08:45PM
3 weeks 2 1/2 hrs lol

3 weeks by time u read this
got my E111 medical card sorted (was with passport)

going in morning to peterboro so should have another passport by next week

Jeff
April 30, 2007 02:26PM
3 weeks jeff yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo my friend rang me yesterday who lives in fourka she sed the weather waz good and a few shops opened up already as there are some tourists already about from different countrys.lucky sods neva mind there holidays will be over before ours start.I cant wait
May 02, 2007 12:13PM
I dontttttttttttttttt beliveeeeeeeeeeeeee It

getting ready to go to Peterborough to get new passport .............. now remember i turned my house Upside Down to find my lost passport..................... i pick up my hooded jumper and as i walked out bedroom door heard a "Thump" on the floor.

Looking down whats lying there

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
my blinkin passport.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO im £100 richer again
More beer vicar

19 days (2 weeks 5 days ) to gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

May 02, 2007 05:07PM
Now if that was me she'd say it's my fault because I man looked! for it.
Good news anyway Jeff 100 free beer tokens does life get any better.
regards
Phil.
May 02, 2007 06:31PM
smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley ALL THE WAY TO THE BAR
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login