halkidiki wedding

halkidiki wedding
June 23, 2007 05:00PM
Hi,

My finace and I have today booked our wedding in Halkidiki for May 2008.

We are getting married at the Kassandra Town Hall, for which we have been unable to find any photo's.

Can anyone help??
Re: halkidiki wedding
June 24, 2007 10:24AM
Sorry but I don't have any Knowledge about Kassandra town hall, But I have been told that the main complaint people have had about weddings in chalkidiki is the standard of photography and nearly everybody has been disappointed with it, so I recommend you have a guest who can take some photo's aswel. frequent visitor to area
June 24, 2007 03:21PM
hi

nic who is based in halkidiki may be able to help here

i'd suggest adding a new thread entitled photographer needed, when he logs in next he may be able to help

andy
June 24, 2007 03:38PM
Hi All,
We already got nic on the case, i guess if we bombard him with enough requests for wedding photography he may start to do it LOL
Seriously though, nics photos are brill, check them out at www.@#$%&.com
At the moment as far as i know he only done landscape and buildings but weve asked him if he will think about doing our wedding photos.

mandy xx
June 24, 2007 06:34PM
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Nicola :-)
June 24, 2007 06:40PM
Hi Nicola,
Forgot to mention before,i have also asked Nic if he would kindly take some photos of Kassandra town hall and surrounding areas for us as we cant find anything either.
When are you going over there in may?

mandy xx
June 24, 2007 06:45PM
That's brilliant, it'd be lovely to see where we'reactualyl getting married eh?!

We fly out from Manchester on the 8th May and we've booked [hopefully] to get married on the 16th May. We're staying at the Sani Beach Club.

How about you?

June 24, 2007 06:59PM
Hi Nicola,
Hopefully 9 may, fly out 1st, staying at Aegean Melathron, fly from manchester.
Yes it would be good to see where we getting married, although it all looks gorgeous!
We have sent off our 1st lot of paperwork, everything seems to take so long, although speaking to another member of the forum, we could have got it all done at once after we got the no impediment forms, but we thinking give ourselves plenty of time for any mistakes LOL
If you got any questions please ask, we help in any way we can.

mandy xx
June 24, 2007 07:04PM
Hi Mandy,

Thanks for that, I really appreciate it!

I didn't realise there was going to be so much to do until we actually sat down and booked it. Still, we can't wait!!

Yeah I think I'll get @#$%& with all the paperwork/documentation as soon as our pack arrives., better safe than sorry eh?!

Have you any thoughts on who to use for your Greek translations?

June 24, 2007 07:05PM
Why did it block out the word cr@cking ?!

What is the world coming to!!
June 24, 2007 07:21PM
Hi again,
Think ill stick to this posting, [flickin between the 2 is doin my head in LOL]
just looked at other pic on first choice, [forgot bout that one LOL]
We booked about march time, it took about 5 weeks for package to come through!
Have you booked with first choice same as us?
Regarding translator,yes we have one in mind, who im told is really helpful, i will give you her name when ive rummaged through the mounds of papers i got here.
We waiting for a reply from Nic regarding photos, and havent a clue what to do for a reception for 14 of us while we over there!

mandy xx
June 24, 2007 07:25PM
Hi,
Found it, ANDROULLA VELIOTOU TEL 020 8337 6093, apparently she gives loads of info and is really helpful.

mandy xx
June 24, 2007 09:08PM
Fine by me!

5 weeks OMG! I hope it doesn't take that long for ours to come thru!
We've booked with Thomas Cook.
Yeh I'm wondering what we should do with regards to a recpetion, we are hoping to get married at about 2pm ish so then go on somewhere or back to the hotel to have some kind of buffet and a small party. If we don't get a big number of people coming we'll consider having a sit down meal I reckon, a bit more intimate. So far we have 8 definites but could well be more. We have only just started telling people dates etc so might get a few more replies over these next couple of weeks.

I recognised the name of the translator you intend to use and having looked thru the paperwork I have it's the same contact given to me by the travel agents so I reckon I'll use her seeing as I've seen her name mentioned a few times.

Thanks for the info anyway, I'll be in touch with more queiries and to pick your brain I'm sure!

Speak soon

Nicola x
June 25, 2007 07:39AM
Hi Nicola,
We had a reply from Nic and he has kindly agreed to take some photos of Kassandra town hall and surrounding areas for us and anybody else who books to get married there, although it wont be for a couple of weeks as its too hot to drive round [42c] think he just wants to make us jealous, we cant drive round either but thats coz a lot of nottingham is flooded!!!!! LOL.
He has also said he will do our wedding photos for us, [we are so pleased about that since hearing that some others arent very good quality]
Have you checked out his photos?
About the reception, we emailed hotel and as yet havent had a reply, so may have to leave that to wedding co-ordinator when we get there, unless anybody comes up with any ideas before then.
Not that we really sad but we got countdown clock on pc, only 10months,5days 23hrs and 14 mins till we take off LOL

mandy xx
kez
June 25, 2007 03:07PM
Hi Mandy,
just noticed you are also from nottingham .11 weeks on thursday till i go yippeeeeeeeee cant wait .

kerry x
June 25, 2007 03:19PM
Hi Kerry,
Im not really jealous !!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Hopefully they might have allowed us a little bit of sunshine before then!!!!!
Why on earth would you be looking forward to sun, blue skies, sea, friendly people, relaxation etc, look what you leaving behind LOL
Im sure you will both have a great time, keep us posted as things progress, and of course we want to hear all about it when you get back.

mandy xx
kez
July 03, 2007 04:29PM
hi mandy
just sent all my docs of the costs are 6 docs stamped at the common wealth £162, 4 at greek embassy £57 , 6 docs translated £180 .Will let you know when there returned.

kerry x
July 03, 2007 04:43PM
hi kerry,
we sent ours off to be legalised 12 june and they only just took money out of bank so they obviously only just opened the mail for that date [ if anybody else reads this, either do it the way kerry has, send them all off together or make sure you leave plenty of time!!] could be another 2 weeks yet before we get them back.
when we do recieve them, we gonna phone translator to see if she will advise us of the best way forward from thereon.
how long you got to go now? bet your soooooo excited, i know we are and we got ages!!!!!
we ordered our wedding cake for reception at home, we havin a bertie bassett cake, LOL
kez
July 03, 2007 08:15PM
hi mandy,
10 weeks on thursday soooooooooo exited.our translater is taking the docs to the commonwealth they get stamped while she waits then she,ll translate them and get them stamped at the greek embassy ,should have them back within 2 weeks will keep you updated.

kerry
July 04, 2007 08:02PM
hi
just reading ur message and sounds like you know what our doin with doc`s, what do i need to send off and where to?
ive phoned foriegn and commonwealth but its confused me.
only things i have got so far is 2 passports photocopied-they need to be signed by solicitor dont they?
both original birth certificates, and i need registry office for no-impediment certificate is that all?
be greatful if you cud hlp thanks
melanie x
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login