Hanioti-Diving and Snorkeling

Posted by Des Knuckey 
Des Knuckey
March 24, 2005 11:19PM
Am planning to go to Hanioti in July. Can anyone recommend a good scuba dive operation, and is there much marine life to see, given that much of the med has just about been "fished out"! Also, is the snorkeling any good in that area, or are there nearby coves that someone can recommend? We are thinking of staying at the new Renaissance Hanioti Resort hotel. I know it is very new, but does anyone have any knowledge of the hotel?
Sarah
Re: Hanioti-Diving and Snorkeling
March 24, 2005 11:43PM
Hi,
Can recommend Odyssey dive club in Pefkohori, its the next village to Hanioti, they are a Padi centre, British owned, very reliable. I dived with them last year and had a great time, they have there own boat and can arrange snokelling trips. Check out there website www.odysseydive.com
Sarah
roy
March 28, 2005 01:25PM
didn't see anything there.Anyway there is an english run dive club in the next village.They will collect you from your hotel.Have a look at www.odysseydive.com
M
March 28, 2005 09:42PM
Hi Des
There is a dive centre in Hanioti, German owned, and near Zorbas and the Go-Kart track (kiddy version). It has been open for years, but I personally have no direct experience of it. Never heard any complaints though. In Pefko you've already been told where to go - they really are on the ball. There is a wreck site, and various coves for snorkeling.
Renaissance Hotel is Brand new end of last year. On the other end of the village, but 10 mins or less from the main square. It is very nice indeed - the Tour OP I work for uses it!!!!!! LOL No joke - it IS good - you'll like.
Enjoy
Michael
Fed
June 28, 2011 03:28PM
I wonder is there any opportunities for windsurfing? Any stations or rent?
And about other things are they still there? =)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login