halkidiki wedding

halkidiki wedding

Posted by nix692 
kez
Re: halkidiki wedding
July 05, 2007 04:46PM
hi melanie,

To the common wealth you send both birth certificates and both non impediment docs £27 per doc .Then your docs have to be translated £30 per doc then they must be stamped at the greek embassy £14 per doc. Phone the travel company you booked with to find out about the certified copy of passport i was told i needed this stamping and translating although my translater didnt think this was needed, first choice now say its not needed.
hope this helps kerry x
July 05, 2007 04:52PM
hi melanie,
welcome to the confusing world of greek paperwork!!
firstly, make sure that solicitor signs and prints their name and name of firm personally [ stamped and signed by receptionist is not enough]
have either of you been divorced or adopted? if so you will need divorce papers & adoption certs.
the cert of no impediment cannot be issued by the registry office till 13 weeks before the end of your trip [ we booked to get married 9 may 08, returning on 15 may so we cant get our no impediment cert till 15 feb 08]
we have sent our papers off to be legalised and are waiting for their return, kerry [who is getting married soon ] has sent all hers off in one go to the translator who will do all the legwork for you and gets everything back in 2 weeks
hope this helps. when and where have you booked to get married?

mandy xx
July 06, 2007 10:05AM
how confusing, thanks though it helps loads!
We go to sani 13th sept staying in porto sani village, cant wait its supposed to be lovely.
Was a bit gutted other day though with thomas cook.We originally booked the top wedding package including everything so all we had to worry about was photos when we got there, theyve now decided they no longer do the package and only could offer us the basic, i could av cried.
After speaking with the coordinater over in sani she reassured me that things will be sorted within one meeting, so im not panacking as much now!

Hows your plans goin and where do you stay when you go over there?
if you have any photos of kassandra town hall would you give me details of where to find them please

thanks mel x
July 06, 2007 10:08AM
hi kerry
thanks for the info!
go tues for no impediment cert, then balls rolling hopefully.
if i decide to send to translater like youve done to make it quicker whats addresses and do i have to speak to them before i send all docs?
July 06, 2007 10:18AM
hi mel,
names and address of translator is written on page 1 of this thread somewhere, yes you do have to speak to her first.
we are waiting for nic to take some phptos of kassandra town hall and surrounding area[keep an eye on this thread and on photos]
our plans going slowly, we not going till may with first choice, we staying at aegean melathron, 1st to 15 may.
keep us all posted on how your plans are going and afterwards how it all went [some of us have to wait till next year LOL]

mandy xx
kez
July 06, 2007 12:24PM
Hi Mel,

I also fly out on the 13th september from birmingham.Not sure if you know but the non impediment has to be hung at the registry office for 16 days , so you wouldnt be able to collect it till around the 25th then it must be sent to the commonwealth to be stamped ,you can take it yourself and it gets stamped while you wait ,if you send it by post it can take up to 5 weeks before you get it back.As your flying the same day as me you only have about 8 weeks to get your docs stamped,returned,sent of to be translated,returned again and the sent to the greek embassy to be stamped again.The lady who is translating my docs charges a £90 currier fee and she does all this for you within 2 weeks .She,s very helpful .Let me know if you choose to do it this way and i,ll give you number.
kerry x
July 06, 2007 12:56PM
yeah ill have her number please better than panicking if its going to come or not!

mite c ya there then, im getting excited now are you?
we fly from manchester, where you staying again?
x
kez
July 06, 2007 02:25PM
hi
the translater name is Androulla Veliotou 020833376093 . I can,t wait .my partner is on his stag weekend at the moment in ibiza.We are staying in hanioti at the lesse .9 weeks on thursday sooooooooooo exited. x
July 06, 2007 03:39PM
hi both
and im not jealous MUCH!!!! LOL

mandy xx
July 06, 2007 04:12PM
cheers love ill give her a ring.

dont worry mandy not be long itll soon fly 4 ya
x
kez
July 12, 2007 06:04PM
Hi All,
Just incase anyone else has had this problem i thought i,d let you all know about my certified copys of passport trouble.My translater asked me to call first choice about them as she was certain they weren,t needed .First choice said that was correct.When i checked all my wedding paperwork, that said they were needed. I got hold of Rita the registrar in hanioti and she told me i,d be fine without them as it is not law in greece to have certified copies of passports.(saving me £54) 9 weeks today yippeeeeeeeee
July 12, 2007 08:58PM
hi, kerry
thanks for that, we already sent ours off to be legalised, but have just been on phone to travel agent we are using and shes gonna get in touch with weddings dept and see if this can be sorted out, so nobody else has to pay anything they dont need to!
we may have lost out on £54 but hey ho, theres no need for anybody else to, hopefully communication will get better with first choice, and if not at least travelcare will be aware!
are you gonna post some photos on this site when you get back?

mandy xx
July 18, 2007 09:39PM
hi all,
for anyone getting married at kassandra town hall, check out the users photo albums, Nic has kindly taken some for us, it looks gorgeous. BIG THANKS TO NIC!!!!!!

mandy xx
kez
July 20, 2007 03:15PM
hi all,

got all my docs back today only took 10 days .glad that bits all over. 7 weeks on thursday and i cant wait. sick of the rain here .
July 20, 2007 03:59PM
hi kerry
guess wot, im still waiting for mine, over 6 weeks now, wish id spoken to you before i sent mine off!!!!!!!! LOL
have you seen pics of town hall?

mandy xx
July 24, 2007 06:31PM
Hi
Im getting married next year at the Kassandra town hall and wondered if anyone has found any pictures of it as i cannot find any?!
Also i have noticed that some people who are getting married there next year have been given dates for their wedding and just wondered if i could be nosey and ask who you have booked with because we have booked with travel care and they say we will not get a date untill the week before we are married!!
July 24, 2007 06:57PM
Hi Linz,

Check out the User's Photo Albums at the tom of the page, Nic has taken some pictures for us to look at.

My partner and I are getting married at the kassandra town hall and although we have requested to get married on the 16th May 2008 we have also been told that it's not definite until it's confirmed to us upon arrival, I think this is the case for most of us.

When are you flying out?

Nicola :-)
July 24, 2007 07:05PM
Hi Nicola
We fly out on the 25th september 2008,we only booked it a couple of weeks ago so we havent even had our wedding pack come in the post yet so everything might become abit clearer when that comes for me to read.
July 24, 2007 08:03PM
Hi Linz,

Yes I'm sure it will, if you need any tips or advice the girls on here are lovely and helpful, I'll also help out where I can but I too am quite new to all of this!

One thing I have been told a couple of times is that weddings take place on a Friday and bear in mind the 8 days you have to be there prior to your wedding, that might give you a better indication of your wedding day.

Hope this helps!

Nicola :-)
July 24, 2007 08:50PM
Hi All,
Weve booked to fly out 1st of may 08, hopefully get married on the 9th, we also been told that dates are not confirmed till arrival in resort, and are usually on a friday between 10am & 2pm, so if you want sunset wedding photos, take this into consideration also when booking photographer.

mandy xx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login