halkidiki wedding

halkidiki wedding

Posted by nix692 
Re: halkidiki wedding
July 25, 2008 04:19PM
Hi Lindsay
I used Androulla and she did everything for me. She charged a courier fee of £90 but I had everything back in under 2 weeks.

Once I got my certificate of no imped I just sent everything off to her and she took them to the FCO, translated them and the got the consulate stamps. She is very good.

She also translated out marriage certificate once we got home.

A point worth remembering for anyone else starting this process is that we all know your certificate of no impediment is only valid for 3 months from your return date from greece. You can still book your appointment before this date at the register office as they will issue the certificate within a 12 month period of you giving notice of your intention to marry. You can then pick your certificate up within the 12 week period as it is dated on the day you collect it - not the day you give notice. ie; we were returning from Greece on 29.05.08, I had my interview at the register office in January but only collected my certificate on 7th March.

Regards

Sharon
August 01, 2008 07:34PM
Hi everyone,
I am hoping for some reassurance here ASAP if possible as im really stressed about the paperwork.
I sent the documents off to be legalised 3 weeks ago,i know it states on the website that it can take at least 3 weeks and maybe longer during busy times but what is concerning me is that they have not yet took the payment and as its only 8 weeks untill we go and i have yet to get it translated and to the greek consulate i am panicking big time!!!!!
Could anyone tell me roughly how long it took for their documents to be legalised and if anyone could remember whether they had their payment for it took straight away or afew weeks after sending them then that would be really helpful to me and hopefully put my mind at ease.
Thanks
Lindsay
x
Janet Wallace
April 21, 2009 04:31PM
Hi I just wanted to ask you for some help i you dont mind, I am getting married at kassandra town hall
and we are staying at the ammos appartments in polichrono, I was wondering if you know the distance between the 2
or if there is anything else i should be prepared for.
thanks janet x
April 21, 2009 05:13PM
Hi Janet,

I'm not sure of the distance between the two but you could contact Anna Wohlfart who was our wedding co-ordintor based in Halkidiki, her email addy is awohlfart@saniresort.gr she may be able to help you.

When is your big day? Have you got all your documents sorted? I have the details of someone who took care of all my paperwork if you would like her details?

We had our wedding at the Kassandra Town Hall last May and it was perfect... if you would like any photographs, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Nicola
janet wallace
April 23, 2009 02:42PM
hi Nicola thanks for getting back to me, we have just had confirmation back our wedding day is 14th august this year
its all very exciting. when is yours? yeah i think im ok with my documentation at the moment, a lady called andrula is sorting it all out.
where abts are you staying? thanks for that email address. janet x x
April 23, 2009 06:12PM
Hi Janet,
We've already had our wedding, we got married at the same place in May 2008. It was perfect as I said, the day was everything we hoped for. We stayed at the Sani Beach Club.
It is exciting... enjoy the planning and preparation, I got a bit too caught up in the whole thing and forgot to enjoy myself!
Andrulla is the same person who took care of all our docs as well, she's great.
Anything else I can help with, please ask.
Nicola winking smiley xx
janet wallace
May 04, 2009 08:01PM
hi nix thanks for your help really appreciate it. Was it easy to access hairdressers and cars or did you book them through your tour operator I havejust been sent a list of the prices for extras and its so expensive janet x x
May 04, 2009 08:19PM
Not a problem... anything to help.
We had a car as part of our wedding package but we had to hire a coach to take all of our guests to and from the town hall, this was really expensive, about £200 so it might be worthwhile asking about for someone who can do this a bit cheaper for you.
When I looked at the price list for the little extras I nearly died... fortunately I had my friend do my hair for me and I did my own make-up. You probably won't want to wear a lot in that heat anyway.
That is the main thing that I will warn you about.. the extras! they can cost a furtune so either go well prepared with lots of spare cash or be prepared to make some sacrifices. I know one thing that shocked me was the fact that we had a car (mercedes) as part of the package but to have a white ribbon on the front of it was going to cost us around £80 extra!! What a joke! These are the little things that might be important but you can really get ripped off on.
I decided to take my own flowers, a bouquet each for myself and my bridesmaid and all the button holes, the flowers were made of foam and cost very little and also travelled well, this was a bargaining tool I used to get something extra thrown in and forego the flowers that we had as part of the package. I can get you the contact details of the lady who made my flowers if you're interested.
Also... depending on who you are flying with, make sure that they have definitely allowed the extra case for your wedding attire! I contacted several different people to make sure this was ok as I was concerned that I didn't have it in writing and then when we arrived at the airport they said that I didn't have the extra case booked on and I couldn't take my wedding dress!!! Of course, a bride-to-be is not to be messed with and eventually they allowed my extra case on board but it is one stress that I really could've done without.
If you think of anything else... please ask!

How many weeks is it until the wedding now? I bet you're getting very excited! We will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary in less than two weeks so just planning a romantic weekend away!

Nicola winking smiley
mariesa
May 05, 2009 03:38PM
Hi Nicola

Hope you don't mind me messaging you, i've just been reading your messages to Janet, i'm so glad you have mentioned the EXTRA'S, as this could be very costly.... We get married May 14th 2010, at Kassandra town hall, we are staying at the Sani Beach Club also, what did you think of Sani Resort? What did you do on your wedding day, did you have a sit down meal and where? What time did you get married? i think we only get our time when we arrive in resort. Just looking for idea's of what to do, my partner has read about the aegean wedding cruise he'd like to go on that for an hour(250 Euro's for the hour) did you see the that at all? Did you have a drinks reception after your ceremony? If there is anything you can reccommend to us that you did on your day or even advise us on things i would be really grateful.
I would also love to see any photo's you have, my e mail is mariesa.gaskell@yahoo.co.uk

Look forward to hearing from you.

Happy 1st year anniversary

Mariesa xx
janet wallace
May 11, 2009 04:00PM
Hi thanks for replying back to me. The wedding is in 13 weeks its all very exciting but scary at the same time. I think im pretty organised
with everything, I am struggling to find a solicitor that is foreign office registered to certify our passports but i will get onto it tomorrow. I think thats a good idea abt taking your own flowers. Regarding the wedding car I think its ridiculous the price they want so I was thinking of befriending a local who has a car lol. Did you notice many hairdressers around the area as im still not sure what im gonna do abt hair? If you have any pics I would love to see them my email is jl.wallace@yahoo.co.uk. Where abts are you from?

Thanks Janet x x x
August 05, 2009 10:57AM
Please can I have details of the photographer as I can't seem to find any on the net, booking next year for 2011 but would like an idea of prices etc b4 we go out to pefkohori

Many thanks

Marie
August 05, 2009 11:01AM
Hi, is it yourself that has taken some of the wedding photos on here, can I ask what prices are & if you are available to take wedding photos in hanioti & pefkohori in june 2011

many thanks

marie
fani make up artist
June 27, 2011 05:51PM
Fani make up Artist in Thesssaloniki and Chalkidiki.

[www.facebook.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login