halkidiki wedding

halkidiki wedding

Posted by nix692 
Re: halkidiki wedding
April 04, 2008 11:10PM
hi there,
my docs have all been sent to androulla,however she seems to think i may need the passport pages certified by a solicitor registerd with the fco?
im a little thrown as many threads state yes they need certifiying but not legalised?
im marrying in hanioti town hall,
at the moment i have passport pages certified by a solicitor,and i have these with me,i didnt forward these to andrroulla as i didnt think i needed to?
is anyone able to point me in the right direction? do i phone wedding co-ordinator or contact solicitor and see if they are registerd with the fco.
(just when i thought it was all going so well)!!!!!!
April 05, 2008 06:54AM
Hi there Majic30
Yes we had to have our passports legalised, [despite being told that we didnt have to because we and greece are in the EU] if Androulla says they have to be legalised then its best to be on the safe side as she is kept up to date with everything by various legal bodies.
the best thing to do would be to ring your solicitor and check they are registered with FCO, if they are, forward your paperwork asap, if not, find one who is asap, ring Androulla and let her know what you doin and ask her to hold on till she recieves them [send them nxt day del and it wont put too much of a delay on things] then she can do them all together.
Hope this helps,
3 1/2 weeks to go and we going out to get wed!!!!!!!! cant wait.

mandy xx
April 05, 2008 02:02PM
THANKS FOR FEEDBACK,
I RANG FIRST CHOICE TODAY WHO SAID THEY DONT,BUT FURTHER INTO CONVERSATION IT CLEARLY STATED ALL PAPERWORK HAD TO BE LEGALISED.ITS ALL VERY MISLEADING REALLY,IF IT WASNT FOR ANDROULLA I WOULDNT HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THE SOLICITOR NEEDING TO BE REGISTERED WITH FCO EITHER.......THERES TOO MUCH CONFLICTING INFORMATION.
SO.........IVE EMAILED SOLICITOR WITH GUIDANCE LETTER ANDROULLA SENT ME TO SEE IF SHE CAN REGISTER IF SHE CANT I HAVE TO GO TO ANOTHER ASAP!!!!!
AND I THINK FOR THE SAKE OF £54 I MIGHT JUST SEND IT!
I WILL WAIT A COUPLE DAYS AS IVE ACTUALLY EMAILED THE REGISTRA AT HANIOTI SEE WHAT SHE SUGGESTS FIRST.

WE'L GET THERE EVENTUALLY
April 08, 2008 09:36PM
Hi everyone,

Good news... we got our docs back from Androulla today!!!!!

Thankfully everything seems to be in order so we just have to send copies to the weddings department at Thomas Cook and then we can finally relax. Well, where paperwork is concerned anyway!!

Just in the middle of sorting all the finer details for our party when we get back and it's all going well. I have my second dress fitting on Friday, I had to have three inches taken in on it so I was happy I've lost so much weight. They just have to look at the length of it on Friday now.

My hen weekend is 2 weeks on Saturday and my friend has just been winding me up about things they may or may not have in store for me! There are 26 of us going to Leeds for the weekend and I can't wait!!

Hope everyone else is getting along with everything ok.

Just 4 weeks on Thursday til we fly....!!

Speak soon.

Nicola :-)

X
June 01, 2008 05:54PM
Hi Everyone

We have just returned from our wedding in Halkidiki and after all the stresses and worries over the documents it was absolutely fantastic. I'd love to do it all again knowing what I know now.

We got married at Kassandria at 11.30 am. The weather was really nice - averaging 27-34 degrees over the two weeks.

We stayed at the Oceania Club and couldn't have been looked after better. All the staff went out of their way to make sure we had a truely memorable wedding. We were joined by 19 friends and family and we all had a wonderful time. I wouldn't hesitate to stay in this hotel again. They pampered us with rose petals and champagne and it seemed all the staff knew who we were by name and room number. When I mentioned this to Dimos ( hotel manager) his reply was that they where all there to make sure our stay was memorable and wedding unforgetable.

Pearl our wedding co-ordinator for First Choice was fantastic and ensured the day went without a hitch. We had pre-booked our own photographer prior to going out but decided to change at the last minute. Pearl arranged a new photographer 2 days before the wedding. I have posted some piccies on the gallery and as you'll see he did an excellent job.

Mandy - I saw all your picces while I was out there and you looked really happy. Pearl also passed on your good wishes.

Nicola - How did your day go? Please let us know.

With regards to documents and the photo pages of the passport - your photograph page of your passport does need certifying by a solicitor but does not need to go the the FCO or the consulate
to be stamped.

Sharon
June 03, 2008 07:22PM
Hi Sharon
I am getting married at kassandra town hall in september and am also staying at the oceania club hotel and after reading about your experience in the hotel it has put my mind at ease as i have read afew not so good reviews about the hotel from a couple of years ago but obviously it has improved!
I wondered if you would mind answering afew questions for me.How long did it take you to get from the hotel to the town hall when you got married?i am really stressing about that part as i dont travel well in the car and the travel agents have said about 45mins but i am hoping its not that long!
Also did you get your hair and make-up done by somebody there on the day?I want to get mine done by somebody there so i can be pampered and not have to worry about doing it myself but am abit unsure of how it might turn out!
Your pictures look fab by the way and i can't wait to go now!
thanks for your help.
Lindsay
June 04, 2008 07:51PM
Hi Lindsay

You will have a fantastic time so try not to worry. I know it's easier said than done and I totally understand how you must be feeling at the moment. I just wish I could do it all again without the stresses of organising everything.

It is 25-30 mins from Oceania to Kassandria in a car but it doesn't seem that long. The car picked me up at 11am and I arrived on time for the 11.30 service. We ordered a coach for the guests through First Choice and it does take about 40-45 mins on a coach. After the wedding we went to the beach with the photographer for some photos and the guests went straight back to the hotel.

Oceania have a hairdresser in the spa called Stela who is lovely. They don't open until 12 noon but she came in a 9.00am on the day of the wedding to do my hair. I had three wedding hair practices the week before, 1 wash and blow the day before the wedding and the styling the morning of the wedding and it was €150 which I thought was reasonable. They also do nails and makeup in the spa but I didn't need this.

If you are thinking of having your reception at the hotel you can use your all inclusive and they will set a table up for you in the main dinning room which is buffet service. We had our reception during the afternoon and had the sole use of one of the A la Carte restaurants. We did pay €40 a head for this though. It will be worth you emailing Anna Wolfhart at Sanni. She is the wedding co-ordinator and she will let all the managers at Oceania know you are a wedding couple and they will really pamper you. She will also meet with you the day after you arrive with your holiday rep to make sure everything is organised.

If you need to know anything else just ask and I'll help you all I can.

Good luck.

Sharon x

PS. Which travel agent have you booked with.
June 06, 2008 12:55PM
Hi Sharon
I have booked with first choice.
I did think of having the reception at the hotel but there is quite afew guests who are not staying at our hotel so i assume i would have to get them all a day pass and i did e-mail anna about a month ago and she sent me the sample wedding menus for the hotel and to be honest they didn't really appeal to me at all and unless i misunderstood her email it also said that the only drinks included would be wine,any other drinks would have to be paid for and would not come into the all inclusive.
What was the food like in the A La Carte restaurant? because the menu anna emailed me was a set meal and not a buffet and i quite like the sound of having the sole use of one of the restaurants at an extra cost.

Lindsay x
alematt
June 12, 2008 01:14PM
Hi
I am getting married in September at Kassandra town hall and i was wondering if anyone could let me know what the transport going from Hotel to venue is like, Pearl the wedding co-ordinator has given me a list of vehicles and prices but was just wondering what everybody else had and what it was like.

many thanks
Alex xx
June 12, 2008 01:19PM
hi alex,
we got married in may and we used normal taxis, they are all mercedes and very nice, if your hotel books them for you they will ensure that the taxis are aware that they are for a wedding, word of warning though, make sure they put the meter on as my husband was charged 20euros from hotel to town hall and mine was 8 euros for the same journey 10 mins later.

mandy xx
alematt
June 12, 2008 07:24PM
Thanks Mandy!
Am having a bit of a mare at the minute what with trying to sort paperwork etc..... also did you have a dvd of your day or did you have someone ie family or friend do it. ive been told they do do them but they are not very good quality!!

Many Thanks again..

Alex x
June 12, 2008 07:56PM
hi again alex.
i dont want to bore everyone on the site about our wedding, but if you want to email me i can give you a few tips on hairdressers, flowers etc, and also help guide you through the paperwork.

mandy xx
June 18, 2008 10:01PM
HI THERE,

JUST WANTED TO SHARE OUR EXPERIENCE,WE MARRIED AT HANIOTI TOWN HALL ON JUNE 2ND,EVERYTHING WENT TO PLAN,I WALKED TO THE TOWN HALL FROM THE NIRIDES,IT WAS BRILLIANT,MY MUMS MISSION WAS TO FIND ME A HAIRDRESSER!! I PAID 30 EUROS,I TOOK MY OWN HAND MADE BOUQUETS WHICH ALSO LOOKED GREAT........WE BOOKED WITH FIRST CHOICE BUT FOUND THE WEDDING EXTRAS VERY EXPENSIVE........YOU NEED TO SHOP AROUND,THE CEROMONY WAS VERY QUICK HAD SOME FANTASTIC PHOTOS DONE BY GEORGE,AND HAD A RECEPTION MEAL AT 'LA,rOMANTICA' WHICH WAS ALSO WALKING DISTANCE FROM THE TOWN HALL A TRULY MEMORABLE DAY.I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT ALL.
June 19, 2008 08:29PM
Hi Mandy

Been so busy since we got back!!

Nic showed us all your pictures while we were out there and you looked like you had a fantastic day. Pearl said everything went really well for you both and also passed on your good luck message.

It's funny reading the forum now after all the stresses beforehand - if only we knew then what we know now. I'd love to do it all again!

Sharon
June 19, 2008 08:38PM
Hi Sharon,
Us too, loved every minute of it, did you not think though after all that planning and stress, it was over too quickly lol,we fell in love with halkidiki, we goin back next year and taking the kids too, everyone sooo friendly,we keeping in touch with a few people we met, and thinking about moving over there eventually. loved your photos on the users page, you looked lovely.
Im sure you will say the same as me, if anybodys thinking of getting wed over there, dont let paperwork put you off, go for it its lovely.
keep in touch

mandy xx
menia
July 01, 2008 11:26AM
Thanks Nick and Sandra for a buttyfull wedding party at the ZITHION BEER HOUSE in Hanioti. We wish the best for the caple.
sasha davis
Share Your own personal wedding website and photo album
July 10, 2008 02:21AM
djlvp
July 21, 2008 05:44PM
Hi

We are flying out to Hanioti on 14 August and getting married the week after. We are trying to budget, but we have no idea what we have to pay for when we get out there. Is there any other costs when we get there? Also how much is a photographer? Oh and flowers how much are they?

Thanks

Jaki
July 22, 2008 01:17PM
Hi all
I have sent all my documents off to be legalised and am waiting for them to be returned.I wondered if someone could tell me who they used to translate their documents for them as i want to be prepared to send them off when they come back.
Thanks
Lindsay
July 22, 2008 01:53PM
Dear Lindsay,

I have read many times here in the forum of Ms. Androula Veliotou, a UK translator how have very god knowlege about the docummentation as well,
tel: 020-83376093
Regards
Anna Wohlfart
Wedding and Group Coordinator
Sani Resort & Oceania Club
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login