halkidiki wedding

halkidiki wedding

Posted by nix692 
Re: halkidiki wedding
July 24, 2007 09:07PM
Hi
Thanks for all your help and im sure i will need some further advice,i havent even started to look at all the paperwork i have to do yet!
Does anybody know of a good photographer out there?
i have read that some people have been dissapointed with their photos there so im abit concerned about that.
July 25, 2007 08:01AM
Hi Linz,
We also heard that quality of photos not up to much so we asked Nic [www.@#$%&.com]if he would do ours.
He hasnt done wedding photography before but agreed to do our photos if we agreed to be his guinea pigs, [not a hard decision to make as weve seen some of his work on above webite] and im sure we wont have any problems.
He also took photos of kassandra town hall for us all as nobody could find much info.
What date have you booked for and what hotel?

mandy xx
July 25, 2007 02:42PM
Hi Mandy
We have booked to fly out on the 25th september 2008 and we are staying at the Oceania Club Hotel,i found some reviews on this hotel and they were not very good so i am hoping it has improved since it opened! We wanted to get married at the hotel but they have stopped doing weddings there since last month but we are hoping they might start doing them again before we get married as the travel agent said we could swap it to get married at the hotel if they do.
If your photos turn out ok (which i am sure they will looking at the website photos)is he going to start doing wedding photos there?
When are you getting married and what hotel are you staying at?
July 25, 2007 03:42PM
Hi Linz,
Yes i think Nic is going to start doing wedding photography,[ he has been asked by several people since he moved out there]
We glad he agreed to do it, we didnt really want to book a photographer whose work we hadnt seen [which is probably what would have happened if we left it till arrival in resort]
We have booked 9th may to be married,[ although this not confirmed till we arrive] staying at Aegean Melathron, fly out on the 1st may
Regarding paperwork, have you read all of this thread? there are a couple of different ways to handle it, [we did it the wrong way LOL]
Kerry who flies out in a few weeks left all hers till last minute and got it all done in 2 weeks!!
Theres loads of tips on here anyway,feel free to ask any questions, im sure 1 of us will be able to help..

mandy xx
July 26, 2007 12:54PM
Hi Mandy
I have read all the thread but i am still confused! I havent had our wedding pack come in the post yet so it might become clearer when i receive that.
Linz
September 18, 2007 05:02PM
Hi all,
Just got my paperwork back from legalisation office [took over 3 months, but there was a problem with 1 of documents] although saying that i rang last week and they were only just sorting the other ok ones out! so check ALL documents thoroughly before sending them off!
Having said that, all we got to do now is wait till we can get the rest translated.
Can anybody tell me how far it is from Aegean Melathron hotel to Kassandra Bay Hotel as some of our guests were looking to stay there but they didnt want to stay too far away.
Also Nic, are u still ok for taking our photos?

mandy xx
Nic
September 19, 2007 05:50PM
Hi,

Yes yes...I'm still ok for the pics, no problem. I should be able to get beack to you soon with some prices. Been a bit bogged down with hotel pics and websites. I'm re-designing my site too which I'm going to try and incorparate wedding packages into.
I'll let you know prices soon.

Cheers,

Nic.
September 21, 2007 05:17PM
Check this out.

www.saniresort.gr/page/default.asp?id=3074&la=1

all the info you might need

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
September 26, 2007 09:09AM
Hi,

We have just returned from Halkidiki last week having got married out there on the 14th Sept, all I can say is it was a truly wonderful day, which I couldn't fault at all.

We travelled with First Choice and the wedding co-ordinator Helen was fantastic she made our day just what we wanted it was so relaxed and we just had a great time.

Our photo's were also very good, we had the First Choice photographer George who took us to a lovely beach with a white beach hut on and the photos are stunning (the beach wasn't far from the town hall and began with a S but can't remember the name of it) The town hall was lovely, the service quite short but the words were lovely, you can play your own music and have a guest do a reading which stretches it out.

A group of 23 of us stayed at the Sani Beach Club, this has to be one of the best places I’ve stayed (and as I used to be a travel agent for 15 years - I’ve travelled a lot) the location is idyllic, staff are so attentive and helpful nothing is too much trouble, rooms are very nice, the whole area is spotlessly clean and the food is also very good.

Helen arranged our reception for us at the Tomata restaurant at the Sani Marina, I can also recommend this, as the food & setting were excellent.

All in all your in for a treat and I wished we could have our day again as it was amazing.

The hassle of getting the paperwork right is well worth it, we used Andrula Veliotou 0208 337 6093 who took care of everything for us.

Good luck to you all who are getting married and those that are thinking of the possibility - go ahead and do it it's wonderful.

Regards
Sharyn

PS: I have some photos of the town hall, I will try and post them on the site :-)
November 06, 2007 09:05AM
Hi to all you brides to be

I've been reading all your posts as I am also getting married in Halkidiki next May. I've found some really usefull info from all of you. We fly out on 15th May 08 and 21 guests arrive on 22nd May. We are hoping to get married on 23rd at Kassandria.

After reading your posts i've been in touch with Nic who is going to do our photos, he has also been very helpful in other areas ie; possible reception venues. We are staying at the Oceania Club & Spa and have now decided to hold our reception there. The wedding co-ordinator from Sani has emailed me and said not to worry we can have a meeting with her during the first week and she will arrange all the decorations, balloons etc.

I have just about got my docs together to do the mammoth task of translating & legalisation etc. Not looking forward to that at all.

I've just ordered my wedding dress and am wondering they best way of transporting it. I'm worried to death that if I pack it in the hold my case will go missing and I won't have my dress!!! Paranoid or what!!!

Sharyn - your post was good to read as you've actually had the experience as we are all prbably still at the panicky/excited stage. Have you managed to post your pictures yet?

Does anyone know what the weather will be like in May?

lol Sharon
November 07, 2007 05:43PM
Hi Sharon,

I am also getting married at Kassandria on the 16th May 2008. We are staying at the Sani Resort which I've heard is beautiful.

If you would like to see some pics of the Town Hall you can either access the 'User's Photo Albums' at the top of the page and search for kassandria town hall, alternatively I will be happy to email you some across if you would prefer?

Nicola

X

P.S. I am told that the weather will still be fairly nice around May time, not too hot but definitely still nice and warm!! Oh and apparently the sunsets are to die for!!

Bye for now!

X
November 07, 2007 05:46PM
By the way ladies....

I am also led to believe that Passports are no longer a requirement as part of the legal docs needed to marry in Halkidiki. I am in the process of getting this checked out so will let you all know as soon as I find out!

Nicola

X
November 07, 2007 07:24PM
hi all,
I too was informed that passports no longer need to be legalised etc [after i had ours done] i emailed first choice and they said that they hadnt been informed that this was so, and as far as they are aware, you still need to have them done. I think the best person to ask would be the translator that you are using.
Hope its nice and warm beginning of may as we hopefully get married on the 9th.

mandy xx
November 18, 2007 06:03PM
Hi Nicola

Did you manage to find any further info on whether you need the passport certified. I am hoping to send my docs off to the foreign office tomorrow.

Nic emailed me about the weather and says it's a lovely time to get married as it's not too hot. Has anyone got any contact details for the registrar office in Halkidiki?

Sharon x
November 18, 2007 07:40PM
Hi Sharon,

We received a letter a few days ago from our travel agent advising us that we no longer need to get our passports translated but it did say that they should be certified by a solicitor. I would make doublly sure with your own travel agent if I were you. Are you using Androulla to do your translations? I'm using her and she's taking care of everything for me, even taking the docs to the greek consulate and the foreign office. We only have to start looking at our docs 12 weeks before the wedding. I could let you have her contact details if you want to give her a ring and ask her advice before you do anything? I think the total cost will be around £400 give or take, quite reasonable for the piece of mind it gives you as well.

Pleased to hear that the weather is going to be just right for us all!!

Sorry, unble to help with the contact details of the registrar.

Nicola

:-)
kez
November 19, 2007 07:15PM
Hi All
The registrar in hanioti is called Rita koniali, she,s a lovely lady i got married there in september and didn,t need copies of passports. This is her email (dimotologia@0830.syzefxis.gov.gr) if you want to check with her .Hope this helps .

kerry x
November 26, 2007 11:33PM
Hi all

Nicola - yes I'm going to use Androulla for the translations. I spoke to her last week and she was really helpful.She said it would be better to wait and get all he docs sorted at the same time - mid March for us. I was thinking of doing the birth certificates now and the no imped's later but may as welldo them all together. Which travel agent are you using? We are with First Choice.

Kerry - thanks for the info for the registrar & have you any piccies of your wedding?

Had a little bit of a trauma this week. I had picked and PAID for my wedding dress and was getting a little bit worried as I had not been able to contact the shop by phone for a couple of weeks. I found out last Tuesday that the owner of the shop had declared herself bankrupt the Friday before. I only ordered my dress 4 weeks ago so she must have known she was in financial difficulty yet still took my money as well as a lot of other peoples. Luckily I paid by credit card so should get my money back - other people not so fortunate - especially those getting married in the next few weeks. I later found out that she hadn't even ordered my dress from the designers as she owed them money and was on stop with them. The designers put me in touch with another shop in our area who have been absolutley wonderful and have promised me the dress by Feb at a reduced price too. Hopefully trauma now over but i don't think I will rest until my dress is here.

Sharon
December 14, 2007 12:03PM
Hi,

I am the wedding coordinator of the Sani Resort, my name is Anna Wohlfart.
I can help you with all the nessecary information about wedding in Halkidiki and the Kassandria Town Hall, as well as to organize your dream wedding reception in one of our many venues at the Sani Resort.
For more information, please visit: www.saniresort.gr/yourwedding

My contact details:
tel: (+30) 23740-99512
e-mail: awohlfart@saniresort.gr
MAJIC30
Re: halkidiki wedding documents
January 25, 2008 09:45PM
booked to get married at hanioti town hall,just had package details through but none of it seems to make much sense?
have not got a clue as to what is going where?
i know i must get passports certified at solicitors is that all that gets certified there?
no impediment and birth certificates from registra......it says origionals can i get copies? as greece will be keeping them?and i read that all these go to first choice to check then i send somewhere else they come back i get translated BY WHO?and they go off again to come back for me to take on holiday.....how confusing or is it me?
im worried i'l forget something can anyone give me a straightforward step by step instruction list?
we fly 22/05/2008 for 2 wks.
all i have is details of my requirements to fill out have paid £95 deposit on wedding and must return some booking info within 7 days.........HELP PLEASE.
Re: halkidiki wedding documents
January 25, 2008 10:30PM
Hi MAJIC30
We fly out may 1st to get married, as far as paperwork is concerned, take both passports to solicitors to be certified asap [it didnt cost us anything] we photocopied all of our documents and sent them to 1st choice [ give it a couple of days for them to check them out] then send all original documents to LEGALISATION DEPT,FOREIGN AND COMMONWEALTH OFFICE,OLD ADMIRALTY BUILDING,THE MALL.LONDON,SW1A 2LG [£27 per document] and youcan download payment form on www.fco.gov.uk. this will take about 4 weeks.
90 days before you return from your holiday you have to go to your local register office and get a certificate of no impediment for both of you, [dont know how long this takes as we cant apply for ours till 15 feb]
then when you have got all legalised papers and no impediment certs they all have to be sent to a translator, [we are using,MRS ANDROULLA VELIOTOU, TEL 0208336093 approx £35 per document, but you dont need passports translating. she will explain everything to you]
then you need to photocopy everything and send the copies off to 1st choice, and send all originals to the greek consulate to be stamped[ approx £14 per document]
we read on another thread that translator may do a courier service and take documents to greek consulate for you[for a price] we gonna ring and find out and will let you know.
hope this helps a bit, anything else you need to know please ask and we will do our best to help

mandy xx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login