wedding

wedding

Posted by John 
John
wedding
July 09, 2006 02:05PM
We are travelling to Hanioti to get married in August. We want to go out with some friends and our two children (8 and 6) to a nice restaurant for a meal afterwards to celebrate. Any suggestions please.
mj
Re: wedding
July 10, 2006 08:17AM
Kassandra Roof Garden is very nice and friendly
July 13, 2006 06:06PM
My daughter got married in Hanioti a couple of weeks ago and we had a wonderful time.
The bride- Nicky, and the groom-Scot, wanted a wedding that would be laid back and free from the usual stress . We ended up with 25 making the journey and everyone really enjoyed themselves.
We used this forum to ask for info about hotels and restaurants and Amanda and Dimitri from the Old Tavern were absolute stars , their help and advice made the day run smooth and without a hitch.
We had a great choice of food for the reception we held at the Old Tavern and the staff were first class.
So, if you want a good meal in a well run restaurant with caring people to help you out I suggest you speak to Amanda.

Lesley

p.s Take your own CD`s, it added a nice touch.
July 14, 2006 08:14AM

Hi John

we are also out there in August until the 13th. Leslie is right Amanda and Dimitris will ensure everything is how you would want it for your big day. Amanda is English which makes communication much easier. The restaurant is really nice and the food excellent. Amandas email is dimitrios_amanda@hotmail.com. Let me know if any problems geting in touch and I will get you some phone numbers.

Congratulations have a lovely day......Regards Joanne
John
July 17, 2006 04:26PM
Thanks everyone, we have a problem at the minute and I will start a new thread for help but maybe you may have some ideas.

I have a big problem - today having had all my docs legalised by the Foreign Office I am told x Fist Choice Holidays that the wording on my certificate of no impediment is wrong. I do not have enough time to resolve it so I am after your advice as to whether you think I have a chance of carrying on regardless.

Our certificates of no impediments state the District and County as 'Hanioti, Halkidiki, Greece.'

First Choice Holidays say I need to state 'Municipality of Pallini, Halkidiki, Greece'. Do you think we will get away with this?, what was on yours?

I have been to see my Registrar and she says that she regularly does these for Greece and has never put it in the way that First Choice state. She thinks it should not matter. I would be grateful for your opinion.
July 18, 2006 11:39AM
Oh John we really feel for you.... We are due to get married in September and fly out 31st August and are finding it impossible to find someone in the UK to translate our documents.

We too are traveling with First Choice and they did advise us in the paperwork that the certificate of no impediment should say 'Municipality of Pallini,Halkidiki, Greece'. but to be fair this is in fairly small print and would be easy to miss.

I do hope that you find it won’t be a problem!!!

All the best of luck.

Vicky and Alex
John
July 18, 2006 04:28PM
Thanks Vicky, I think we have sorted that problem now as the British Consul in Thessalonika has kindly intervened on our behalf and spoken directly to the municipality in Hanioti and they say it is not a problem. So much for First Choice - why can't they do what I did!!

We have a translator but the quote is quite steep - £393 including VAT and special delivery. This seems excessive but if you need the details they are as follows;

Renata Mliczak

Translation and Production Department Intern

IoL Language Services

IoL Language Services Ltd (LSL)

Subsidiary of the Chartered Institute of Linguists

48 Southwark Street

London

SE1 1UN

T: +44 (0)20 7940 3168

F: +44 (0)20 7940 3125

Email: lsl.intern2@iol.org.uk

www.languageservicesltd.com

They offer to turn them around in 10 days so it may be worth paying the extra. Does anyone know anyone cheaper and reliable/quick???

This is a great medium as we all seem to be in the same boat. Well done whoever designed it.

John
July 18, 2006 08:27PM
John,
My daughter used- Mrs A .Bentham- 07941836616. A lot cheaper and first class service. I think it was about 60-00.
Lesley
July 19, 2006 08:41AM
Hi Folks
I'm Vicky's lesser half (take pity go on) and we have been getting into a little tizz over the paper work. However with regards to the above posting. We contacted Mrs A Bentham and they called us back very quickly letting us know what they could do. They offer a full service and lots of helpful advice. It really has cleared alot of the worry away.

One question was raised however and that was do we really need to have the passports translated for a wedding in Hanioti as there are some areas of Greece that apparently do not require this. Hope some one out there knows and i'll also contact First Choice to see if they could find out for us.

Good luck to everyone heading out there for a wedding and maybe we'll see some of you out there early Sept.

You can also contact Mrs Bentham on e-mail at antigonebentham@ hotmail.co.uk
July 22, 2006 08:55AM
Finally got a few more things cleared up. This is the information we got from First Choice

1. Only the bands and birth certs need to be translated.

2. Passports only need to be legalized by the Foreign Office not the Greek Consulate. (as well as being authorised by a solicitor of course).

Well all the paper work is away. If we get any more advice we'll be sure to post it for every one to else to use.
July 22, 2006 03:23PM
Hi Alex and vicky

When in August are you getting married - only my friend is travelling to Hanioti to get married august and 20 of us are travelling over to join her on the big day - I am actually her bridesmaid - have you yet been informed what date and time the wedding will take place? Only thomas cook wedding co-ordinators say that until the couple arrive in resort they cannot give a time or date - is this the case for you?

Also - what are you doing for a reception? do you have anywhere in mind?

Look forward to hearing from you

Tracey
July 22, 2006 03:32PM

Amanda and Dimitris at the old tavern have a good reputation on here for wedding receptions, she is english so that helps convey exactly what you want her email is dimitrios_amanda@hotmail.com any problems just send me private email and will can get you some phone numbers

Joanne
July 23, 2006 12:27PM
Hi Tracey..
We are travelling out Aug 31st and like your friend we won't know the exact time of our wedding either, you need to be in the country for at least a week before you can be married there. First choice have said that we'll be informed when we arrive in resort.

We are still deciding what we're going to be doing on the day as there are a number of places that we like, it's quite possible we'll be at the amythystos. Not really looking to do anything overly special, just to enjoy our time with friends and family.

When are you travelling? will you still be there when we get there? whichever it is hope you have a great time and best regards to the bride and groom, wish them all the best>

Alex & Vicky

August 03, 2006 10:24AM
Just got all the Docs back, the whole process took less than 7 days and saved us alot of headaches, alot quicker than if we'd tried to do the whole thing seperately.

Be there Aug 31, hope to see some of you then
susan
August 04, 2006 01:02PM

Hi

We have just had the same problem, our wedding is in Halkidiki we fly out this sept, the weddings team had to contact the town hall in resort and got it confirmed in writing that would be ok.
We were not informed previously, we were just told it needed to state the municipality which is Kassandria. We had the certificates worded as Kassandria, Greece not Kassandria, Halkidiki Greece.

All the paper work seems quite stressful and you don't seem to get much help from anyone, we didn't realise how much all the legalising etc would cost either

Susan
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
August 08, 2006 06:45AM
well thats my wedding in Halkidiki out the window

what it costs for paperwork i can have church, car , reception, and honeymoon

i really wanted to wed my partner in greece too sad smiley
alison
August 11, 2006 11:47AM
I am getting married in Hanioti this August and to translate our documents we used a
Mr Andreas Theodosiou
Greek Police Interpreter/Translator
Telephone 0208 445 5131
Mobile 07973 815543
He only charged £30.00 per document , which in total was £120.00 , i think it took just under a week to get them back, he is really friendly. I have had an absolute nightmare getting all my documents and in the end because it was taking soo long i went to the Greek consulate in person to get them certified, so now i can relax and look forward to my wedding. I hope this is of help
Alison
August 11, 2006 05:25PM
Hi Alison

I am going to the Greek Embassy on Monday to get my docs certified. How fast were they, did you get them back straight away or did you have to wait? Also which is the closest tube station. Thanks. John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2006 05:26PM by john.
August 12, 2006 07:43PM
Hi Alison
Just hoping my previous question does not get missed amongst all the spam appearing on this site.

Thanks

John
jaff and elliemae
August 22, 2006 06:25PM
nicos and his brother saki from the kassandra roof garden our good friends of uors, its nice to see someone else likes the resturant as much as we do, my wife has been 15 times in total, sad to hear of the fires recently, we go 31 august hope its ok by then.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login