wedding

wedding

Posted by John 
kez
Re: wedding
September 19, 2006 01:44PM
hi john
i was wondering how your wedding went as i am marrying in hanioti next september. did you marry in the town hall if so could you send me some info on the type of building as i am struggling to find any on the net .

kind regards
kerry
September 19, 2006 04:35PM
Hi Kerry

It was fab, It is well worth all the hassle with the documents. We were married in Hanioti town Hall which is a modern air conditioned building. The lady who married us was very friendly. We loved how informal it all is yet still very special. The walk afterwards through the side streets was very romantic as old ladies clapped and gathered petals off the tress and threw them over us. It is something you we don't do over her walking together hand in hand with Claire proudly showing off her beautiful dress.
We found a restaurant called Mesigios just off the square which is run by a woman. We asked her the day before to get in some champagne and she set our table up beautifully with petals on the table and had 3 bottles of Greek Champagne chilled waiting (all on trust, no deposit). I recommend the Greek champagne it was only about 10 Euros a bottle and we all liked it. She did us a lovely meal and threw in a variety of sweets for us all. We had a leisurely afternoon there and were not rushed. For a small party (there were 8 of us., I reckon they could do up to 20) it was perfect. We then went back to the hotel where our barman Leo played When a Man loves a Woman and the beach broke in to spontaneous applause while we danced - It was lovely. We then swam and drank until 4am at the hotel, it was just the most fab day. Have I mentioned this - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND GETTING MARRIED OVER THERE. Forget spending £15,000 on a wedding here where you can't guarantee the weather. Get over there for a stress free marriage.

Good luck

John
loulou
September 19, 2006 05:32PM
Hi Jeff & everyone else!

We've just got back from Polichrono where we went to sort out our wedding for next year. Thompsons told us we could either do it at their place in Sani or they wouldn't help us at all, so we decided to go it alone.

DO NOT BELEIVE THE TOUR OPERATORS!!!!! they tell you lies to make money out of you. We went directly to the town hall, spoke to the Registrar called Rita who was very helpful and the paperwork is just the same to sort out yourself as it is to get involved with a tour company - and the wedding itself is free! All the tour operators do really is get you a car and the flowers and book a restaurant, which you can sort out yourselves anyway, and they charge you another £1-2k for the privelege!

Anyone wanting more info please email me - luchie101@hotmail.com
September 19, 2006 06:30PM
Hi Loulou,

We just got back from getting married in hanioti and had a fantastic time. I have to say we booked ours through First choice and it only cost 130.00 for the wedding, flower, wine and cake.

Rita did our wedding and was lovely!!!

just thought i would mention though that the docs can be fairly complecated before you go and fairly costly, but the people we used were fab and got everything back to us in just over a week. i would be happy to pass on there details if your interested??

Vicky

PS Good Luck....I'm sure you will love it just as much as we did!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login