Hotel Australia Fourka

Hotel Australia Fourka

Posted by debnmark 
John Stringer
Re: Hotel Australia Fourka
July 14, 2006 04:56PM
Got a couple of photos, one of Jimmys Bar and the other of the view from the restaurant. Didn't actually stay at the Australia but spent many an evening in Jimmys and had a few really good meals at the restaurant. Only got back this week so really recent photos.

The Hote Australia is right on the beach at the opposite end of the resort to the main square but saying that it is only a short stroll - perhaps 1/4 mile at most. We ate out everyday - breakfast was between €4 and €6 euros each and we paid anything between €20 and €50 for two for dinner at night. The higher price was for a fantastic meal at the Trattoria Venezia on the main square where we really pushed the boat out one evening but there is definately no need to pay that regularly. We averaged €30 including a carafe of house wine.

You can buy very good cocktails at most of the tavernas for between €3 and €5. The cafe bar Iris on the left hand side of the square is a little bit more pricey but is well worth a visit or two. You are always given a fbottle of water to share with your own mini ice bucket or if you call in for coffee and a metaxa after dinner you are given small Greek pastries. I know you pay for the extra bits in the price of the drinks but it's a little bit special and different from the other bars and hey you are on holiday after all.

We would also recommend the food (especially the Greek dishes) at the restaurant Victoria (on the left before you get to the main square).

Hope you have a great holiday, we certainly did and look out for the fantastic sunsets.
sara
July 30, 2006 05:21PM
Im goin back 2 fourka in september and i cannot wait, i was there at the beginning of july and as soon as i came back i had to book another holiday again in september!
We stayed at Litsa in July but will be stayin in the australia in sep Just 4 a change.

I prefer Jimmys bar the way it is now the atmosphere is better and i luv the little seating arrangements he has done with the little canope (cant spell) things over them its so trendy ha ha

will it still be really hot in september?
Sara xx
Jo
July 31, 2006 02:31PM
Hotel Australia has a website the address is: www.hotelaustrailia.gr

You can check out the photos of the rooms etc on the site .I 've been going to Fourka a couple of times a year for the past 5 years - it is not as busy as it used to be - but Hotel Austrialia is right on the beach and everyone there is very welcoming.
I'm going in August - so might see you there
August 02, 2006 08:09PM
HI JO just to let you know ______www.hotelaustrailia.gr
the address dont work

1 its spelt wrong
2 its shut down

yamas

jeff

August 03, 2006 07:05AM
It works fine with me

www.hotelaustralia.gr/

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2006 06:13PM by Nikos.
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
August 04, 2006 11:08PM
yasou nikos it only work for me when i spell HOTELAUSTRALIA not AUSTRAILIA
dave
August 08, 2006 06:08PM
HI

The web site does not work has anybody got any more info or photos
August 08, 2006 06:14PM
sorry Dave,

try this one again
www.hotelaustralia.gr

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
dave
August 10, 2006 08:37AM
HI

I have retried www.hotelaustralia.gr but nothing on the site works
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
August 10, 2006 10:31PM
Google it Dave

AUSTRALIA HOTEL, Fourka Halkidiki Greece
[hotelaustralia.gr]

sue jones
August 22, 2006 06:57PM
Jeff fourkas mad dog man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Google it Dave
>
> AUSTRALIA HOTEL, Fourka Halkidiki Greece
> @#$%&://hotelaustralia.gr/en/home.htm
>
>

I have been going to Fourka for over 9 years - the first time was at the hotel Australia, with Bill, Tassos, Soula, Jimmy at the rest of the family - Bill was leasing the restaurant out. I haven't been back this year but my father has, he said JImmy was opening a new bar inside the grounds of the Australia but it was outside.

I still think the best entertainment is at Tassos' beach bar - here you have the most wonderful sunsets and on a clear evening see Mount Olympus. A holiday not to be missed - relaxing and fun.
Sue & STeve & Don & Linda
August 22, 2006 07:03PM
Anyone going to Fourka please would you give a message to Tassos at the Beach Bar Hotel Australia - tell him we are thinking off him and his family its a bit of a shock all this fire. And if you could please give him my e.mail address I would be grateful - tell him its from Don, Linda, Sue and Bad boy
Pamela Evans
August 28, 2006 07:40PM
We had two fantastic holidays in Hotel Australia a few years ago booked with Thomson on its cheaper brochure - can't remember the name of it. We remember the staff with great affection, and would love to return. However we cannot find it listed in any brochure. Anybody know??
louiemooie
August 28, 2006 07:44PM
how do you book a holiday to hotel australia when i went 7 years ago i booked it through tompson now it isnt on tompsons records help!!!
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
August 28, 2006 08:35PM
thomos no longer deal with Hotel Aussie ................ but you can ring Jimmy on
louiemooie
August 29, 2006 05:48PM
cheers buddy
bj
August 31, 2006 12:13PM
That would explain the Thomsons plaque on the wall behind the pool table then ...
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
August 31, 2006 09:36PM
Well i know for definate thomson arnt used by Hotel Australia or Litsa or Iola anymore

you can only book appartments from above privately.

Having said that it seems unless you book private you still can only use thomsons for the rest of hotels / App in fourka. thats because these places will only USE Thomson and not any other holiday company.

sad smiley
Dan
September 06, 2006 08:50PM
Hi, just got back from Fourka but we were in the Evridiki apartments, beach was nice, sea was clear, even seen the forest fires from are apartments (very scary). We enjoyed the sunset bar which was next to Jimmys! also enjoyed the Viktoria (best place to eat).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login