fanis apt. polichrono

fanis apt. polichrono

Posted by LIZ 
Brian
Re: fanis apt. polichrono
July 05, 2005 11:02AM
I am staying at the Fanis apts at the start of Aug
Please can any one tell me what the snorkelling is like & are there any diving schools & how much do they charge also are ther any water parks near bye
Sheila King
July 05, 2005 12:57PM
We have just arrived back from Fanis Apartments and can honestly say we had a fantastic fortnight.

We found a very nice restaurant called Viva Restaurant (upstairs) the food was excellent especially the steak and the waiter service from Milan and Sasha was second to none. (Children were more than welcome here)

Fanis apartments were kept very clean with a fridge (which worked) hairdryer and basic cooking facilities - two rings. Owners were lovely people who took pride in their property, gardens were looked after everyday. The swimming pool with kiddies section was perfect.

Beach was sand and shingle and sunbeds were 8 Euros per day for 2 sunbeds and 1 umberella.

In my opinion this would be an ideal destination for couples (old and young) and young families

We were sorry to leave.

Sheila and Dave King
Harwich
Essex
Mark
July 06, 2005 02:53PM
Remember your aprehension Sheila? What a great place eh!

We've rebooked for September already!
Sheila King
July 07, 2005 10:59AM
Hi Mark

Yes, holiday was lovely - envy you going back - hope weather holds out for you.

We never managed to meet did we - I kept looking round but was afraid to make a fool of myself if I asked the wrong person if they were Mark.

The apartments were great and I cannot believe I was worried - mind you the other half still had a moan as we did not have patio doors - but he soon got used to it and agreed that all was excellent.

Regards
Sheila
louise
July 07, 2005 08:15PM
Am so glad ive found this web page! Have booked last minute holiday over the net to fanis apartments was really worried about what to expect but after reading this i just cant wait, i wish i had booked 2 weeks now not 1! We dont drive though so the transfer is not something i am looking forward to! Has any one else been and and not hired a car? i would be interested to know if there was enough to keep you busy?
Dave & GaIL
July 08, 2005 07:49AM
Hi Louise

We were at the Fanis apartments for 1 week in June. Had a fantastic time ! We didn't have any transport but choose to "chill out" on the beach and by the pool.

The rep will offer you several trips if you want to be active !! There is also a waterpark nearby.

Have a great time.

Dave & Gail
Mark
July 11, 2005 10:22AM
Louise,

Don't worry, it's such a nice place you won't want for anything. We hired a car from the airport which was expensive but meant we didnt need the coach transfer. Still we only arrived in the resort 20 minutes before the coach! You can hire a car or scooter in Polichrono quite cheaply.

We're going back in September for round two but wish we had booked for two weeks in the first place!
louise
July 18, 2005 09:34PM
Thanks for answering! Not long to go now am really exited! was it really hot and did you have to fight for a sunbed?
Dave & GaIL
July 19, 2005 07:27PM
Hi Louise

It was hot when we were there - but it is hotter now !! Just checked the
weather website and at the moment it is between 33 & 36 degrees !! Thats
mighty hot !!
We didnt bother with the sunbeds on the beach but they seemed to be
plentiful. They cost 8 euros per day for two sunbeds and an umbrella.
There were also plenty of sunbeds available around the pool.

Have a great time - I am very jealous !!

Gail
Louise B
July 20, 2005 08:07AM
Were due to go to these apartments in September, I've been reading all these reviews, and no-one seems to have anything bad to say about these apartments, I'm really excited, I can't wait to go.

Is there any watersports?
Pauline
July 27, 2005 01:30PM
Hi, just to let any doubting thomas' know, you could not find a better place to stay than the fanis apartments. My husband and myself went in June for 2 weeks, enjoyed every moment of this holiday. So much so we have just taken our youngest son for a week in July. Just can't get enough of the place.
It was surprising how many people recognised us.
We loved it so much we are hoping to get a last minute deal back to the fanis in September.
You cannot fault the apartments except the lack of a kettle.
The weather is getting hotter now, so the airconditioning is a real treat, although quite expensive, but WORTH it.
julie
July 27, 2005 03:42PM
YES YOU ARE RIGHT. WE HAVE JUST COME BACK FROM THE FANIS APARTMENTS, THEY ARE LOVELY. IMMACULATLY CLEAN, WELL PRESENTED AND EVERYTHING YOU NEED EXCEPT A KETTLE. THE POOLIS LOVELY AND CLEAN. THE FAMILY THAT RUNS IT ARE SOOOOO NICE AND EVERYTHING IS SPOT ON. I HAVE NOT STAYED AT BETTER IN GREECE. I WOULD RECOMMEND THESE APARTMENTS TO ANYONE. THE LOCATION IS FABULOUS-----RIGHT ON THE BEACH. I HOPE TO RETURN IN THE NEAR FUTURE. I CANNOT PRAISE THIS ACCOMODATION ENOUGH---WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR A LOVELY HOLIDAY, JULIE5285
alison murphy
August 08, 2005 12:47PM
Hi, I am just wondering if anybody can help , i am planning to get married next year and we are hoping to go the last two weeks in august. We will hopefully get married at Hanioti town hall and i was hoping to get my friends and family into the fanis apartments. However when i have told some of my family about these apartments and how nice they are, when they have gone onto the internet to have a look , some of them are worrying because the pictures are before they have been renovated and before the pool was built so they are a bit unsure of the accomodation and also they think there are not many restaurants and bars. I have been told that it is a beautiful place to go to. So can anybody help to put some of my relatives minds at rest . Also can anyone recommend some nice restaurants or tavernas where i could hold my wedding reception, a good recommendation is worth an invite if you are over at the same time !!!!
Thanks
Alison
kevin
August 08, 2005 08:15PM
Alison,
I and my family stayed at the Fanis in the last 2 weeks of August and thorughly enjoyed it. We had a 1 bed apt and it was very spacious. everything was clean and tidy; only downside as mentioned is the lack of catering facilities if you want to do your own food. we only boiled water in the saucepan for cups of tea. Pool and lawned surrounds are very clean and comfortable
Kevin
chris
September 18, 2005 06:03PM
could anyone tell me how much the air conditioning costs for a two week holiday , thanks
Mark
September 21, 2005 01:28PM
8 euros a day but you don't need it other than late June, July and August
Elaine
September 21, 2005 05:23PM
Have been for a lovely holiday at Fanis apartments. The best apartments we have stayed in 30 years of travelling!
So clean and friendly all the family taking great care of them and making sure you have an enjoyable stay.
Other holiday makers even taken photos of the building as it is so pretty, and right opposite a very clean beach- Blue Flag.

We hired a car from nice lady at Economic cars 35E per day and very reliable. Went to Mt Olympus about 2 hr drive. Lovely views and cool fresh air after heat of beach. Also visited ancient greek cities of Olinthus and Dion where Alexandra the Great stayed.

Lots to see and many small beaches and coves to see.

Food and wine very cheap- veg and fruit in markets cheap as chips!

Liked the Viva restaurant and the biggest English meal is at The Cockney Cafe, believe me you wont finish it!

Had a great time and lovely hot weather still needed air conditioing even in September.
Mark
September 23, 2005 08:57PM
Elaine,

I think you may have been there at the same time as us. We also had a hire car, a white Renault.

I couldn't agree with you more. Fanis is a great place and a real find amongst the thousands of holiday choices. We went in June, again in September and have booked two weeks for next June already.

We also did Thessalonika and had a great day. Next year we hopre to do Mt. Olympus and Athens over a three day break midweek.

Polichrono is a lovely base though and we also enjoyed Viva!
chris
September 25, 2005 09:21AM
could anyone recommend some good restaurants in polichrono, we are going next july and it's our first time to greece after years going to spain
chris
September 25, 2005 09:24AM
also could you tell me if there are cash machines in polichrono
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login