fanis apt. polichrono

fanis apt. polichrono

Posted by LIZ 
LIZ
fanis apt. polichrono
April 14, 2005 10:01PM
can any one help? as i still can't find anything on this hotel. does any body know if the pool has been built yet? 20 days to go and i dont know anything about the apartments we are going to, even thoe i have spent many hours looking over the last twelve months..... if no one can help i will just have to wait till we get there...............

it's just unusual to not find anything on apartments studios. i havent found anything not even bad reviews..lol..

thanks liz..............
Phil
Re: fanis apt. polichrono
April 15, 2005 05:28PM
I think this Hotel is the new one just behind the Nemo Apps,please correct me if I'm wrong. If it is, it looks very good and the pool has been finished they were using it last July and there is a poolside bar ofcourse. It's close to the beach and a 5 minute shuffle to the main part of the town.
Enjoy, and if you go into the Nemo for a drink say hello to Vasiliki the daughter of the owner, tell her Phil will be back in July.Cheers Phil....
Gary
April 15, 2005 05:57PM
Hi,Fanis apts are not behind Nemos.
Fanis apts are new this year with firstchoice.
There used to be apts for the Austrians for the last 15 years.
Fanis apts are surrounded with a garden looking over the sea front.
Its inbetween Neapolis hotel & Bar Laska (sports bar).
I know the owner of this apt,they will look after you.
Ive also heard that they are planning to build a swimming pool in the garden for this summer.
Michael
April 16, 2005 06:03PM
Hi Liz
Gary has the location right. They are right on the front. 20mtrs from the sea! (or less)
Over the winter, a lot of refurbishment has taken place, and the new swimming pool IS BUILT and looks very nice. It is the front in the middle of what you could describe as the garden square. Also new roofed-over patio has been completed this winter.
I have NOT been inside, but it does look very clean and tidy from the outside. You should have no problems. Incidentally, in the same area, Appts GRUBER (we call him Lt. Gruber, but cannot find his little tank!.........Hello, Hello - TV - yonks ago) has a new building going up in the grounds. It looks like it could be a Restaurant with an elevated view over the sea! VERY nice! Sunrise has had a bit of a makeover too, and Brits Bar, at the far (Hanioti) end has lost its fountain. PoliC has done a lot of work over the winter - good effort.
Michael
LIZ
April 17, 2005 09:23PM
Thanks to you all for replying. i was begining to think there was no apartments, but then the tickets came on friday..whoopee..lol... looking forward to it even more now,can't wait to get there now...only thing to do now is unpack and re pack the cases just for my hubbys benifit, somehow he thinks the holiday will come quicker..

thanks again...................Liz...x
Richard
May 06, 2005 11:58AM
Hi liz,

We are also going to the fanis apartments in late June and are really looking forward to it. We have been to Fourka before in Halkidiki and that was excellent. Let us know how you get on and if the swimming pool has been built yet.

Have\had a great time Richard
Mark
May 23, 2005 03:31PM
Sounds good! Booked for 16 June. Don't fancy the endless Coach transfer so I'm trying to get a rental Jeep for the week. Any tips? Which rent a car offices are still open at 11.30pm at the airport? Can't wait for a week of fullon chillin, drinkin and snoozin in the sun. Bring it on!

Fanis apartments sound good and its great news that the pool has been built.
Darren
May 26, 2005 06:07PM
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how close Bar Laska is to the Fanis Apartments,and will these apartments be troubled by any noise?
Thanks
Darren.
Danielle Waters
June 16, 2005 03:52PM
These apartments are fantastic.

My family and I went there for the first week of the season (12/05/05). You will never meet friendlier people that The Fanis Family.

You will not be bothered by any noise at all.

P.S. Watch out at around 6-7 in the evening across to the sea and watch the Dolphins popping out of the water, their fantastic. We saw them every night.

If Steve is your Rep you will also have no problems, he is fantastic.

Hope you all have a gr8 time.
steve
June 23, 2005 07:30PM
hi to all
on the evidence of this page i have just booked for last 2 weeks in september,my only concern was swimming pool or not? anybody been recently,is any tv in rooms,cheers.
Leanne
June 24, 2005 08:59AM
I have just got back from a fantastic two weeks at the Fanis Apartments (9/6/05 - 23/6/05).

The location is excellent on the beach front in Polychrono and i recommend the apartments highly to anyone, it is the only place i have said i will visit again.

The Fanis family are lovely and made us feel very welcome during our stay, we spent many nights in the bar till late chatting with Zakis and him helping us to speak Greek.

The pool is finished and is brill, never busy. You could take your own PS games as there are two playstations (limited games tho). It is the best looking accomodation in Polychrono and most of Halkidiki and i will definately return.

One thing though, the cooking facilities are quite basic if your are planning on cooking for yourself every night. No grill, oven, kettle or toaster but there are two hob rings and the rooms themselves are cleaned everyday and are well furnished.

Eating out the bar does very nice snacks, i recommend the club sandwich and i recommend George's Restaurant in the middle of Polychrono and another restaurant on the beach front beginning with Nef ran by Yaris.

If you are still deciding whether or not to book at the Fanis i would say do it and you will not be disappointed!!!

Hi to Gemma, Tim, Bob, Lisa, Tom and his wife, Ariz, Yaris, George, the Fanis Family and everyone else we met there (i am not very good with remembering names) luv Leanne & Pete xxx
Gail & Dave
June 25, 2005 09:01PM
Hi everyone ! We were in the apartment opposite Pete and Leanne (Hi to you both!) and would just like to echo everything that Leanne said, the Fanis family went out of their way to make you feel welcome and were very accommodating.

We stayed in a one bedroomed apartment and we found this to be very spacious compared with the accommodation we have stayed in previously.

We did not wish to cook our own meals but it would have been a struggle as there were only the two electric rings. It was enough to make yourself your morning "brew" though!! We would recommend a visit to the local bakers opposite the supermarket, the fresh bread in the morning was still warm! The cakes and ice creams were also delicious and good value! (I havn't dared get on the scales yet !!)

The swimming pool was brilliant and never busy. However we preferred to lounge around on the beach which was literally outside the front gate !

The beach is quite pebbly so it is advisable to have some shoes to wear in the sea.

We would highly recommend the Kleanthis restaurant on the seafront where the food and service was excellent. We tried a couple of the other restaurants but found ourselves wanting to go back here. We ate at this restaurant 5 nights out of 7 !!

Hi to everyone who was their for the period 16th - 23rd June, especially Hayley and Marie who were great fun to be with.

Dave & Gail
Steve
June 26, 2005 06:12PM
Read your Email on the Halkidiki Message board.

We are in the process of booking at Fanis.

Do the appartments have a fridge?

Worried about the heat, is there much shade/

Is there a problem with Mosquitos?

What are the road like (hiring a car)?

Anything you can think of we need to take?

Thanks in advance

Steve hemmings

PS we are a family of 4, daughter 17 and son 12
Steve
June 26, 2005 06:13PM
Read your Email on the Halkidiki Message board.

We are in the process of booking at Fanis.

Do the appartments have a fridge?

Worried about the heat, is there much shade/

Is there a problem with Mosquitos?

What are the road like (hiring a car)?

Anything you can think of we need to take?

Thanks in advance

Steve hemmings

PS we are a family of 4, daughter 17 and son 12
steve
June 26, 2005 06:19PM
hi,i was asking questions as i have not been before,feedback has been great(thanks to all),however still dont know if tv,s are available in apartment,cheers,steve.
Leanne
June 26, 2005 06:59PM
Hi Dave and Gail! It's nice to hear from you! Wasn't it a great holiday!!! I didn't want to go home!!!

Steve, there isn't a telly in the apartment and there are none for hire, but there are a few in the bar to watch mainly showing sky sports.

There is a fridge in the apartment.

As for mosquitos we didn't see any but i have heard there are a few about in July/August.

The roads are very good for hiring a car, our friends did and took us along, we had a fab day hunting for unspoilt beaches, I recommend it.

There is a supermarket near by and a few different shops so if you do forget anything you can buy it there.

I think next year when the Fanis is in it's second year with First Choice it is going to be a lot more expensive.
Tim
June 27, 2005 01:53PM
Hi Leanne,

Just to let everyone know these are the best apts. we've been to in Greece.

Ours was only for 3 (Leanne had one for 4 and one couple were sharing one for 6 people!)

Our room was cool all the time, so much so that we didn't use the aircon.

We had fly screens on the windows, so I never saw any mossies in the room (although we were told that there would be more later in the year).

Someone was asking about tvs in the rooms, I don't think so, but they have about 6 in the bar, so it isn't hard to get them to put things on for you, (one night they let me watch the F1 whilst some people were watching greece play football and others were watching cricket).

Just to leave everyone in know doubt:

1 Apts are very spacious and clean brilliantly (our cleaner washed our pots every day!)

2 Location is fantastic (Beach is good and just the other side of a very quiet road, good resturants are just along the road and the best supermarket is only 2 mins away)

3 Snacks at the bar are good

4 Pool is very clean

5 Plenty of sun beds

Say hello for us when you get there from Tim and Gem
kevin
June 27, 2005 04:15PM
Hi all, does the pool have a kid's section? Is the main pool deep all the way along?
Thanks
Leanne
June 30, 2005 08:24PM
Yes there is a kids section and main pool isn't very deep
janice
July 01, 2005 04:35PM
just thinking about booking these apt does anyone know if there is any sort of entertainment close by
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login