Nightlife query!

Nightlife query!

Posted by Confused! 
Confused!
Nightlife query!
July 19, 2002 12:27PM
I am confused! I have been told that Hanioti is the liveliest place in Halkidiki, then, someone else said that most of the nightlife is in Kalithea. Can anybody clarify this for me.

I am going to Hanioti next week and don't want to be stuck away from all the bars/clubs. Where are the best places to go - what kind of music is it?

Thanks for your help.
Confused!
Re: Nightlife query!
July 19, 2002 01:42PM
Can somebody please reply!!! I am off next Thursday and am getting worried.

Thanks
K xx
Rachel
July 19, 2002 04:59PM
Kalithea have quite a few clubs - and Hanioti have mainly lively bars. - The Sunshine Bar in Hanioti seems a favourite- it plays alot of English 70's and 80's music.

The 2 towns are very near each other - I stayed in Hanioti and it is a really nice area - I am sure you will have a great time. If you don't find a decent club in Hanioti taxis are very cheap into Kalithea.

Enjoy your holiday!
Confused!
July 20, 2002 06:23PM
We are 4 peeps all in our twenties and I think we may be disoppointed. We like clubbing it and like housy-garage music - have we booked the wrong resort?

I loved ayia napa but don't expect it to be like that, but a good selection of disco bars and lively bars would be good. What's the verdict? Info greatly appreciated as I'm not really looking forward to this holiday at the moment-too busy worrying!!

ta xx
Rachel
July 21, 2002 03:10PM
I'm 21 and had a great holiday. This year I went for a relaxing time, but 2 years ago I went to the same area and we managed to find a few clubs and when we left at 4am, they were still going. I can't remeber the name of the Open-Air club but that was good. Ask around - especially the Bar workers at your hotel and I am sure they will put you in the right direction.

When I went 2 years ago the Bar people took us out to a few of the clubs and we had a really good laugh.

Definately don't expect Ayia Napa, but don't let it ruin the build up to your holiday.

As I say there are plenty of lively bars in Hanioti aswell.
Confused!
July 23, 2002 07:35AM
Thanks for your comments Rachel, I'm probably worrying about nothing!!
Steve
July 23, 2002 01:26PM
Confused!

I'm going to Hanioti at the end of August, Please write back on your return as i'm looking for the same sort of things! I'd like to know what you thought of it!

Thankyou,

Steve
Confused!
July 23, 2002 02:29PM
OK Steve, will do - watch this space!
Steve
July 23, 2002 03:47PM
Thanx

Have a nice time!
Mike
July 29, 2002 08:35AM
yes im cinfues also abou this info ! I thought kalithea was quite really ?

even if this is right a taxi is only gonna cost a couple of quid :0)
Confused!
August 02, 2002 06:50PM
Just come back yesterday, my report:

We were unfortunate to go week beginning 25 July and it rained for 4 days of our holiday!!!! They had thunderstorms and everything!

Hanioti town is nice but not for clubbers. There are no places to dance but in the main square there are bars that you can sit outside of and they play loud music. We went to the blue cafe every night (the waitress was lovely). You can't miss the bars as you can hear the music as you walk past. The sunshine bar was also a good one. Watch out for the prices though, Hanioti is expensive. Every bar you go into serves cocktails usually priced at 5-6 euros.

We went to Kalithea one night as we heard there were some clubs there. There are a few bars and a club but they are not actually in Kalithea, they are on the way there on the main road. We didn't know this, so we went into Kalithea town which was 90% greek people. They didn't take to kindly to us walking around - very uncomftable and double the prices for drinks. So, we got straight back in a taxi to Hanioti!

We ate at the italian in the square - directly opposite the blue cafe. Really good prices: 3.50 euros for spaghetti!! and the food was lovely.

Anyone need any info on Haris Studios, let me know as I am now an expert.
Confused!
August 02, 2002 07:02PM
Almost forgot!

Watch out for the people stuff all the time! Girls selling roses, blokes selling CD's (they come to your table and stuff them under your noses.)

Also the people claiming to be deaf mutes, funny how we got pestered by different ones every night! Shop owners dogs wondering around everywhere was also not very nice.
Mike
August 03, 2002 02:22PM
Now that is a good analysis of Hanioti and i can certainly say from your insight there in kaithea Clubs and AHnioti bars i am deffo stopping in Hanioti and not going for a night up to the clubs as it dont seem worth it !

I am more of the thinking that bars and loud music suits as i h8 dancing anyhow ! :0)

Nice one ! I will sure as hell post about my holiday when i get back i am grateful to those like yourself that do post things about there experiences and what not, if you know what i mean ! ;0)

Cheers ...
lucy
February 03, 2006 09:34AM
Hey!
are there any clubs nearby Halkidiki? and also Kalithia village?

thanks
February 03, 2006 11:26AM
Lucy yes there are clubs near Kalithea,just outside the main part there's a strip of them,loud music,dancing on the bars,open all night etc there are also "normal" music bars in the main part of Kalithea if the strip gets too lively!You've confused me with the "nearby Halkidiki" bit!Which bit do you mean as Halkidiki isn't a resort,it's the whole area!

smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login