Night Life!!!

Night Life!!!

Posted by Amie 
Katyb
Re: Night Life!!!
August 22, 2004 03:55PM
HI Ya,

Me and my boyfriend are going to Hanioti on the 6th Sept. Do you think we're too late? Will we have missed the action?

We're staying at the hilltop, does anyone know how far the walk in to the village is, or if it's suitable at night when we're dresed up?

Can anyone recommed any good bars or places to eat?
Katyb
August 22, 2004 03:55PM
HI Ya,

Me and my boyfriend are going to Hanioti on the 6th Sept. Do you think we're too late? Will we have missed the action?

We're staying at the hilltop, does anyone know how far the walk in to the village is, or if it's suitable at night when we're dresed up?

Can anyone recommed any good bars or places to eat?
alex
August 22, 2004 08:57PM
Hanioti quietens down from the end of August onwards. There is really no action to speak of in Hanioti, it is just a really laid back resort, no lagerlouts just families. Weather should still be nice. It is quite a walk from the Hilltop down to the village, about 5-10 minutes and back up quite a steep climb. You will be okay dressed up, although your feet may get dirty, especially if it rains. There are plenty of places to eat and drink, try the Kassandra Roof Garden and Lesse,although no nightclubs really to speak of in Hanioti. The best place to go for clubs is Kalithia, take a taxi forabout 20 euros.
Stephanie
August 27, 2004 12:22PM
I just came back from Hanioti and there were still lots of young outgoing people there. The place is just filled with cute guys and when we went out ( yes in Hanioti)!!! we never came back before 4 am ( which was even the earliest time we came home).
It's true that when you go there you wonder (especially the first night) why nobody's out late.. But if you really go for it you'll find what you're looking for.... ( when the bars closed about 3 am we met all the bar and restaurant people in the club which was really fun)...
sladjana
August 28, 2004 05:43PM
KALISPERA!
PLEASE...I NEED A FAVOR...WE WERE IN HANIOTI TILL 25. AVGUST AND WE MET ONE WAITER IN BAR ¨KELFOS¨, BRANKO IS HIS NAME...PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY GO THERE AND TELL HIM TO CALL SLAVICA FROM BELGRADE BECAUSE SHE ERASED HIS PHONE NUMBER, BECAUSE WE WANT TO CAME AGAIN BUT SHE ERASED HIS PHONE NUMBER!!!
PLEASE HELP US!!
SLADJANA.
BeautifulxMorganx
May 11, 2005 12:15PM
IM GOING IN MIDDLE OF JULY 4 2 WEEKS YOU NEVER NO YOU MITE GET LUCKY AYE! MWAH XXX
Liz
August 13, 2005 12:34PM
Hi!

Me and my boyfriend are going to Pefkohori on 7th Sept. Im woried it may be a bit too quiet too, but we dont mind getting taxis to Kalithea where hopefully it will be a bit livelier. Could always meet up there if you like? If not hope you have a good time!
brian
August 15, 2005 03:58PM
Halkidikis fab Pefkioris full of clubs my boyfriend and i went 2 years ago and going again on 7th September you will have a wicked time love brian and nick
Chris
September 02, 2005 07:15PM
Obviously spelling wasn't one of your strong points, mate. If you look as dumb as you portray yourself in your posting, you'll have a long wait for anyone wanting your "addy" or anything else for that matter!
cliff
September 03, 2005 11:24AM
hi my wife and i will be comeing hanioti 28 september 2005 stying at tropical studios.this is our second time to greece,whent to kavos 02/06/05 looking forward to comeing to hanioti.whats it like for trips.ac.uk. i do not drive are the taxis cheap.pleae let me know if your place is near enough to call.first drink on me...cliff
ena
September 07, 2005 11:02AM
.....hi alex......
me and my two girlfriends are coming to philoxenia hotel (pefkohori) tomorow september 8....... are you stil there? hope you can give us some advice where to go at night.......
..... c u......
cath
July 28, 2006 11:39AM
hiya, staying at the Pallini Beach Hotel in Kalithea on the 7 of August,any comments, good bad and the ugly please!
July 28, 2006 12:59PM
Hi Cath, we stayed at the Pallini Beach for many years from 1976 until 1998, mostly every year. We liked it. On first impression we thought "oh god, a concrete Butlins", but it never was.

It has a lovely beach, nice gardens and the rooms are a decent size, although the balcony is a bit small.

The food was always OK for us. The breakfasts were buffet and good. The evening meals were OK for the main course, but the starters and salads tables were brilliant, and lovely fresh bread. They also did, and still do, specialty nights like curries etc.

From 1999 we lived in Halkidiki for three years and as such did not stay at the Pallini for a holiday, but we did usually stay there on arrival for one night after the long drive from Patras.

I also visited the beach quite often as it is lovely, especially through the gardens a little and a bit away from the main area. Although now I noted this year there are more brollies on the beach and you do have to pay for them which is a shame. However, still lots of free space to put your own brolly up and enjoy the lovely sea.

I have heard people moan about the food, but to be honest they cater for a large number of people and I think it was OK, in some respects excellent (starters - loads of Greek styles starters, hot and cold).

The staff were always very pleasant and helpful, although sometimes those on reception can be a bit off hand.

Lovely cool marble reception interior and when you go of course the air con will be on (july and august only). THat was a main problem for us as we always went in June and even if the weather was 32+ it would not go on until July !!)

I think you will like it. Quite a peaceful hotel really as although it is on the main drag to Kallithea, it is set well off the road down a driveway.

Never tried the pool, so cant comment, but people seem happy enough round it. Too many activities round the pool for my liking, prefer the beach away from the crowded end.

Let me know if there is anything I have missed. You are not far away from Kriopigi, and our friends shop the Sweet Coffee Shop. Call in and see Morfy and Sakis and try their out of this world crepes, sweet or savoury and say hello from Martyn and Jane (we only got back 6 July, but missing them already). Kallithea is nice, but nowadays a very busy place and quite expensive to drink and eat. Better to go to Kriopigi, Hanioti, Pefkohori (taxis cheap and plentiful) for cheaper drinks and food.

Cheers
Jane
July 28, 2006 04:02PM

Hi Jane

My name is sharron I know Morfi & Sakis too. hoping to stay in apartments above Gliko Kaf In October. I tried their email but it is not working then tried there phone that did not work for me either. but will surely say hello when we see them. I have grandson same age as stella I hope to take him but it is not confirmed by my daughter yet.

I have been to several places but always try and spend a week in Kriopigi.
regards Sharron
Emily
July 28, 2006 04:36PM
Hiya,
Me n my best friend julie are going to hanoiti on the 3rd august can anybody tell me where we could find any good clubs there, i know you have to go to kalithia by taxi but where are the good clubs around there...? if anyone knows please tell me.....thankyou!! :-)
July 28, 2006 04:40PM
Sharron, give me your email and I will email Morfy and Sakis shop number to you. And mobile. I did mention this before in another thread, but cant remember which one.
Jane
Cath
July 28, 2006 05:44PM
Jane,
Thanks very much for the info. You don't get told half the stuff you really need to know by travel agents. Really helpful. Will call in Coffee Shop as recommended. Do we get a discount if we say we know you!!!!!
Are there any decent trips, along the lines of nice boat trips? Not the kind with drinking games or similar as we will have three children with us and it's obviously not their thing.
Thanks once again
July 28, 2006 05:58PM
Cath, not sure about the discount, but you will get really looked after ! We have known Morfy and Sakis since we lived there 1999-2001. We went to their wedding and know the family well. They are all lovely. The coffee shop is more Greek style rather than blatently try to get foreign tourists, but having said that they get a good share of the tourist trade by remaining genuine Greek style and hospitable.

Boat trips. Well I have heard there is a pirate cruise which is good. Never been on it so cant comment. We went on the Mount Athos cruise which was good if you like seeing lots of old monastaries from a boat (you cant land as it is a male only area - Prince Charles goes there!). We did enjoy it but that was many years ago and we wouldnt go again as we have seen it. A long day, but a possibility.

You can drive to Nea Maramaras on SIthonia and hire a boat to yourselves there if you fancy a bit of boat "driving". A family staying near to us this year did it and really enjoyed it, but again a long day.

Trips, Pella and Edessa is a nice trip if they still do it. Petralona Caves, much better to drive there yourselves and tag on the end of a group ! Thessaloniki is a beautiful city, but dont bother going on the Thessaloniki shopping trip, it is basically a bus ride into Thessaloniki at extortionate rates. Get a local bus, or drive (although parking is a bit of a nightmare). Some beautiful sights and great shopping, old town at top of hill, sit near the seafront having a coffee, Alexandros Square with markets nearby (old style Greek markets selling shellfish, fish, olive oil, herbs, greek delight etc etc.

Take a bus into Nea Moudania, market is on a Wed I think, check that out though. Go on a none market day and still enjoy a seaside Greek working town. Typical style, broken pavements, friendly people and some lovely little shops about.

Market in Kassandrea, Tues I think it was. Nice to walk round, BEWARE Greek women with metal trolleys, don't half hurt your legs if they catch you on their dash through ! I can sympathise a bit with them having lived there for three years. All I wanted to do was get my veg and shopping and was constantly held up by "tourists" !!!haha

Trips, book in a village not through your rep, much cheaper. Water Park, I have heard is not worth bothering with, and anyway there is plenty of fun in the sea, and boats, jet skis, banana boats, paragliding etc to keep you busy in Halkidiki.

Will be very busy when you go, be prepared for extra busy weekends with loads of traffic about as it is the Greeks main holiday period. If you go out to surrounding villages at night, think about going between Mon and Thur nights. Friday nights are horrific everybody arriving from Thessaloniki for the weekend!

Most of all enjoy. And please tell Morfy we miss her !

Cheers, have a great time. Anything else you want to know I will try to help you.

Jane
July 28, 2006 06:50PM
jane I have sent a private message
not quite sure how it works

regards Sharron
August 31, 2010 04:08PM
Yasass! I am going there from 6 to 11 September. Is anyone going in the same period of time? I usually prefer the islands, but this year I will go to Halkidiki. It's my first time there, so I don't know much about the nightlife other there.
I will surely be able to get around by myself, but it would be most nice to have some other people who would know the region. Thanks!

sebastianetcu@hotmail.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login