Glarokavos Beach-Halkidiki

Posted by Tanya 
Tanya
May 27, 2009 07:41AM
Hi,

anyone knows how far Glarokavos is from Polichrono by car?and what about Louta?

will appreciate some informations,

regrads
Re: Glarokavos Beach-Halkidiki
May 27, 2009 12:58PM
hi.
glarokavos is just outside pefkohori(which is 2 towns down from polichrono).it takes about 10minutes max maybe to get there.
To get to loutra ,if u drive to pefkohori u can go over the mountain through agais paraskevi and u come out near loutra,it takes about 15minutes.so they are both not to far away from u.

hope that helps u out.
petros
May 27, 2009 05:59PM
Glarokavos has a fairly long beach, nice beach bar, not too busy , mixture of sand and shingle , clear waters, some rocks and seaweed at some parts of the beach. worth a visit although you may get bored of it after a few times
Tanya
May 28, 2009 01:19PM
Hi,

thank you, that helped a lot!do you know if there is any island or cave to visit?or any other nice trip...

Tanya
May 28, 2009 01:22PM
another nice beach to go to is chorruso(not sure if thats spelt right)its about 5mins drive after glarokavos b4 paliouri and its a bay with beach bars and the sand is lovely and soft and the water clear,u can walk out really far whereas the beaches everywhere else seem to go really deep very quick.that 1 is defo worth visiting!!!!
May 28, 2009 04:23PM
Hi all

Kate is right about Chorruso beach, its one of the best around kassandra, I never get bored down there.

Steve...
petros
May 28, 2009 04:54PM
if you have a car , sani beach is ideal for children as you can walk really far on the beach. kalithea's beach is also good although it can get very busy especially at weekends. In the second leg, Sithonia, there are so many great beaches. My favourite one is kalamitsi at the camping site. You can park outside the camping site and then walk to the beach (about 3 minutes). It is at the bottom end of the peninsula. It is good for children as well, as they can explore a couple of mini-caves that exist at the end of the beach. everywhere is great really , you have probably heard everything from everybody else already.

Thessaloniki is great and not hard to go, if you have a car. I know some people may disagree but all you have to do is just drive without turning left or right and you will end up at the heart of the city. A walk and frappe along the promenade of thessaloniki is a must. many shops in tsimiski str.
if you have children or you want to stay out of the city, about 5 miles from the water park on the main road from halkidiki to thessaloniki you will find the magic part (a big funfair park with rides for both young and
"older" children). Last time i went was about 10 euros entrance for unlimited rides. it stays open till late ie after 11. next to it is the mediteranean cosmos shoppping centre a big shopping centre with coffe, restaurant facilities, fast food facilities, a big supermarket as well, as i said all on the main road from thessaloniki to halkidiki about 5 minutes car ride after the water park. Perea district and kalamaria district all nice places to visit in thessaloniki
June 01, 2009 06:01PM
Along the main promenade of Thessaloniki is ok just keep to the sea. But otherwise the city centre is a bit crazy and I would not attempt to drive around it, even at 02 am it is still very busy and easy to get lost. They are also constructing a new underground system and in parts it is very crowded.
djgoranr
July 23, 2009 04:03PM
what about espresso in Social cafe( and happy hour with 50% off bfore 11)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login