Kassandra this weekend? Nostos Hotel?

Posted by stoff16 
May 29, 2008 12:25PM
Hi folks,

I am looking to go to Kassandra this weekend for 3 nights - starting tomorrow night.

I went to Villa Oasis at the start of the month and loved it. Want to try somewhere different this time though, maybe futher down the coast towards Kallithea or Afitos.

I have seen some decent reviews for Nostos Hotel. Does anyone have any experience of this hotel? How far is it really to Afitos and Kallithea, are the roads safe to walk on, or is it better to go along the beach?

Any other suggestions are welcome, I have only ever been to Oasis so am happy to try somewhere new. My girlfriend has been to Afitos before and really liked it, so that's why it appeals.

We are a mid-20s couple, and we live in Thessaloniki. Not desperate for a wild party scene, just a bit of sun and swimming really. Some nice restaurants and a couple of bars.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Kris
Re: Kassandra this weekend? Nostos Hotel?
June 08, 2008 07:58PM
We went to Nostos Hotel in the end.

www.nostos-hotel.gr/en_main.htm

We had a FABULOUS time.

Kris
Roverite
January 28, 2009 12:18PM
Kris,
Glad you had a good time.
I have the same concerns.
How far is kalithea? Are the restaurants there ok? Is the beach full of rubbish (disposable nappies etc)
How dark is that road back?
How far is Afytos?
Is the Nostos noisy from road traffic (as some reviwers on tripadvisors say)?
Thanks
Graham
January 28, 2009 01:37PM
Graham

The nostos is situated on the back road between afitos and kalathea, so it should be quiet, though the main road on friday and sunday can get very busy, the hotel is great so no worries there. Kalathea is closer than afitos an easy walk even in the heat. Afitos is about 2 kilometres away maybe a little further taxi will only cost you a few euros. Yet to find a bad restaurant in afitos but i guess we all have our favourites. IAs you walk into kalathea there is a fish restaurant on the left sorry not sure what it is called, it is near the car hire places, well worth a visit.

Beaches are kept clean, you will find the odd rubbish but not a problem well i don't think so.

Book nostos i would have no problem recomending it.

Have a good holiday

Phil
February 12, 2009 08:54PM
Hi Graham
I'm Helen the owner of the Nostos hotel. Just to give you the information you asked for.
We are maximum 10 minutes walk from the village of Kallithea and approx 20 to 30 minutes walk to the village of Afitos. This is not on the main road but the old road between the 2 villages. The road in most parts is lite but a tourch is a good thing to have with you if you are thinking of walking back at night. Taxis from Nostos to Afitos are approx 5 euros.There are good restaurants in both villages. Kallithea is a lively village with lots of bars, restaurants, shops and taverners. It has a real mix of restaurants for every tast. Afitos is a more traditional village based around a village square. The taverners offer a traditional Greek menu and vary in price depending which one you choose. The beaches in Kallithea and Afitos are beautiful but busy high season (As are any beaches in the world) They are kept clean and the water is wounderful. I have personally not had any complaints about the main road noise before. Most of our rooms face the sea and our gardens.
I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions then you can contact me through this or my hotel web site.
February 15, 2009 09:26AM
Hi Helen

you won't remember us Jane & Jack we stayed with you Aug 2006....Just to add to the post we had a fantastic time at Nostos it was perfect! The walk into Afitos in the evening was gorgeous and the little village there is stunning!

Jane

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2009 08:02PM by JaneSeymour.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login