Just got back from hanioti

Posted by euphmag 
August 25, 2007 12:56PM
Hi all, Just back from the calypso hotel in hanioti. Was a great holiday! Will try and post detailed info for people but if anyone have specific questions that they would likw to ask then feel free.....

I do have one question though if anyone could help. Is there always so much traffic on the roads in halkidiki or was it just due to the holiday? After going to greek islands in august the busyness of halkidiki was a shock. Brilliant holiday though...

Thanks.
Re: Just got back from hanioti
August 26, 2007 09:22PM
Was in Halkidiki Kassandra peninsula and my partner and i drove round the whole peninsula twice we were lucky to see more than 3 cars untill we got to Hanioti then all the way to Nea Moudania was quite busy but not heavy with traffic so MUST have been due to Holiday Week-end traffic

where were you staying

and glad you had a good time

Jeff
August 26, 2007 09:33PM
Hi all,
I booked at Hanioti Palace Hotel in Hanioti starting from 4th of September. I have some concerns regarding the catastrophic fires in Southern Greece. I'm seriously thinking if it wouldn't be better to cancel the booking and pick another destination... I will watch the news to see how things are evolving...
If anyone can give more details on Hanioti, maybe with pictures, please do so.

Thanks,
Marius
August 27, 2007 09:43AM
Marius,

There are no fires in Halkidiki. The nearest fire is more than 800 Km far away.

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
August 27, 2007 04:04PM
Hello Nikos,

I saw at news that fires are in Peloponez Peninsula. I hope it'll be over with fires soon, now that more UE countries will help. It's a real tragedy. I never thought it could happen nowadays.
Thanks,
Marius
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login