Lesse Hotel

Lesse Hotel

Posted by Graeme 
Graeme
Lesse Hotel
April 04, 2006 03:30PM
Could anyone tell me the tour operators that have rooms at the Lesse hotel.

thanks
Graeme
Rosemary
Re: Lesse Hotel
April 04, 2006 05:38PM
LESSE Hotel
Tel: +30 23740 61888
e-mail: info@lesse.gr
Try and email them and they will tell you who they are dealing with this year. If its anything like other hotels in Hanioti ,you'll find they are dumping the British Tour operator (not the tourists) before anyone goes berserk.
Graeme
April 04, 2006 06:00PM
Thanks Rosemary

E-mailed them and they've told me who they use, but the operators don't have any rooms left for when i want to go, 15th june. I've asked the hotel for a quote for the 7 nights, and might just do all the arrangements myself if i can get a good flight. Do you think it would be easy to get a taxi from the airport to the hotel? i read in the previous post that it would only be about 60 euros each way.

The Lesse looks like an excellent hotel.

cheers
Graeme
Jane
April 04, 2006 09:49PM
Graeme

We lived in Halkidiki for three years, and have visited for the last 30+ years, so I can speak from experience.

Arrange your accommodation locally, it is fine and very easy.

Flights, have come down in price the last years. This year we got a flight in June from Gatwick (we live in Midlands, but it is still cheaper than flying Easyjet which we like, but do not fly to Thessaloniki, so we have to go to Athens and drive up). Flight was £58 per person each way, very cheap. I think you know about taxi costs, although you could consider a hire car. We always hire a car when we fly (we used to drive over) and it is easy and cheap. Kriopigi cars or the car hire place advertised on this website which we used last year are very good and reasonable.

Most visitors who are in the know and have been going for a few years or more make their own arrangements. It usually works out cheaper and less hassle.

If you take into acount 120 euros return taxi fare, and then take a quote for car hire, I think you might opt for the car hire. You can explore further and get to and from airport. We paid £225 last year for car hire for 19 days as an example. Last year we booked through the company advertised on this website and picked up from airport, and took car back to offices in Thessaloniki (we stay last two days in Thessaloniki where you do not need a car). They would have picked up from hotel at no extra cost, but it was as easy for us to take it back.

Have a good holiday,.
Rosemary
April 04, 2006 10:16PM
Graeme, if you go to the home page of this site, therea link to "getting there" as well as a bus timetable. It has taxi numbers too. So are you going to share with us which company actually does do the Lesse?
Graeme
April 05, 2006 09:04AM
Thanks for all the information.

Rosemary

This is the e-mail that i received from the hotel..." You can book a room through First Choice (or travel agents they co-operate with), through internet ( GULLIVERS TRAVEL AGENT), or direct to the hotel. "

Why are the hotels dumping the british tour operators.

We'll be in Hanioti on the 15th, plan to relax, go diving, watch the football & just basically enjoy ourselves.

cheers
Graeme
Anastasia
April 05, 2006 04:38PM

Hey to everybody!

Graeme I received your booking through internet.
The truth is that hotels in Hanioti do not dump the british tour operators or any other nationality, as long as they pay what it is worth.
They just want to bye rooms VERY-VERY cheap, and sell them VERY-VERY expensive.

Anyway, the weather is extremely good !

Rosemary you are welcome to visit us .

My regards to everybody,
Anastasia Lesse
Rosemary
April 05, 2006 09:45PM
Anastasia, I had a look around your very beautiful place last year and was most impressed with it. The grounds and pool area are lovely.
Yes you are right in what you say. Hanioti hoteliers do want us tourists, but our tour operators are insulting them by offering ridiculously low prices for their rooms, its insulting. They then want to charge us hugely inflated prices when they've had the nerve to offer the owners a pittance. Its little wonder the hoteliers do not wish to negotiate with British tour companies.
Graeme
April 06, 2006 08:57AM
Hi Anastasia

Glad you've received the booking, we'll see you on the 15th june. What's the weather like in june? should be really hot i think. Will the bars have the football on?

Rosemary...do you live in Hanioti? is there a lot of British people living in Hanioti.

Looking forward to the 15th.

see you then
Graeme
Anastasia
April 07, 2006 07:39AM
Good morning to everybody !

Unfortunately it is not as hot as it should be today.
The central heating is on!
Anyway, it will be really hot in June, you dont have to worry about the weather.
Of course you can watch the football, around the pool or in the lobby bar.
As for the english population in Hanioti , there are about 10 people they have families and live permanently here, and around 10 English families they bought houses and visit Hanioti for the summer.

I have to go back to work!
Greame see u in June !
Rosemary see u too !
Graeme
April 09, 2006 11:08AM
Hi Anastasia

The English people that live permanently in Hanioti, do they work, or are they married to locals. Is it possible for English people to live and work in Hanioti permanently?

I'm an Electrical Engineer, and was wondering if it would be possible for me to get work as an Electrician in Hanioti, I'm also a PADI qualified rescue diver, and will be training to do the dive master qualification this year.

I'd be interested to see if i could get work doing both electrical work and dive work........but obviously not both at the same time!!!

Graeme
Anastasia
April 09, 2006 01:29PM

Hello again Greame

There are English families as well as mixed English-Greek families living in Hanioti.
It is very easy to get a job in Hanioti.
And if you are a good electrician, u may be rich in a couple of years.
There is only one Electrician in Hanioti , responsible for all bussinesses and hotels in the area.
As for the second, u can dive, but not as a work.

Anyway, u have to learn a few Greek ! It will be easier for u.

Enjoy your weekend.

Anastasia
Graeme
April 09, 2006 01:46PM
Hi Anastasia

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me.

Only 1 electrician in Hanioti!! he or she, must be very busy, I'll have to start learning Greek.

regards
Graeme
Anastasia
April 12, 2006 01:40PM

Hey everybody !!

The weather in Hanioti is really great now.
We all look forward for the summer.

Greame,
Yes u can be rich, but only if u are very-very good electrician.
Greek is not a difficult language!
U have some time to learn.

Regards,
Anastasia
April 17, 2006 08:40PM
Hello,

We'll be at the Lesse hotel at the end of August. We can hardly wait!
Anastasia
April 18, 2006 03:41PM

Bebe beca good afternoon from Hanioti !

August is a very warm month, I am sure you'll soend all your time by the pool...

You are welcome to come!

Happy Easter to everybody.

Anastasia
Graeme
April 19, 2006 06:08PM
Happy Easter to you also.

8 weeks to go.....and counting.

Graeme
April 23, 2006 07:55PM
Thank you, Anastasia! We hope that it won't be too hot for the children...

Happy Easter!
Alan/June
April 24, 2006 07:05PM
Hi Anastasia.We will be arriving at the Lesse on the 4th May and cannot waite, we love Hanioti, this will be the 6th holiday there, we have seen the resort develop over the last 10 yrs. and all to the good, anyone reading this and contemplating going to Hanioti will not be disappointed. One point Anastasia, we read on a message earlier from someone who stayed at the Lesse last year that he was disappointed that you did'nt provide a wine corkscrew in the cutlery draw, shall we bring one?
See you soon Alan/June
Anastasia
April 25, 2006 08:02AM
Good morning to everybody!

Hello Alan and June. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays, and since its your 6th time in Hanioti, you know what to expect.
As for the report of the disappointed guest, we try our best to satisfy the majority of the people
visiting us. Officially, it is a hotel and not furnished studios or appartments. We provide basic equipment and we sell the rooms as B.B. and H.B. . That is our policy. On the other hand, since we have guests with no meals at all, we try to provide utencils to help them cook light meals .We did provide wine openers, but most of them have magically disappear !!!! We did not thing to "lock" them somewhere in the kitchenette with a chain! I am sure you understand.
Anyway, every year at the beggining , we replace all that is broken or stolen ( TV remote controls, too!) . If anything is missing , have in mind that our personnel is here to help .
So, if you need something just mention it while you are in the hotel, and not after you leave.

I hope you will have a safe journey ! The weather is nice, not as hot as we expecting, but it is going that way.

See you soon.
Regards,
Anastasia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login