Vourvourou Sithonia

Vourvourou Sithonia

Posted by duffi 
Vourvourou Sithonia
August 02, 2007 08:52PM
Hi

We're thinking of going to Vourvourou next summer and would appreciate any information on the area. We've been to mainland Greece before - Parga and Gialova nr Pylos and now tempted by the scheduled BA flights to Thessalonika would like to try Halkidiki. We've chosen Sithonia as it looks quieter then the Kassandra peninsular and Vourvourou simply because it has some stunning beaches. We've got a huge list of accommodation so if anyone has any recommendations it would really help.

Thanks
Diane
Re: Vourvourou Sithonia
August 18, 2007 06:52PM
Hello Diane,
I think it's a good idea to go to Vourvourou! We've been there some years ago, and it was really quiet and relaxing. We stayed at the Appartments "Listis".
We have also been several times in Ormos Panagias, which is a little port near Vourvourou (approx. 11 km). It is the port from Agios Nikolaos, a nice village which is located 4 km in the heartland.
In Ormos Panagias we lived in a nice hotel (Hotel Antigoni Beach, Agios Nikolaos) which is located on a really beautifiul beach! You have to go approx. 15 min. until you reach the village of Ormos Panagias, where are some good restaurants.
By the way, my sister (Austrian) has married a Greek (long time ago) and they live there. They own a small boat, and they make trips with tourists, e.g. to the monasteries of Mount Athos.
In case you are interested: www.giarenis.net
Please contact me if you have any questions.
I wish you a good remaining summer,
best regards from Vienna!
Maggie
Re: Vourvourou Sithonia
August 19, 2007 02:23PM
Hi Maggie
Many thanks for replying. We have now booked our flights and have decided to do 7 nights on Thassos and 9 nights in Vourvourou. It sounds as though it's just what we're looking for and as we'll have a car we'll definitely explore the whole peninsular including Ormos Panagias. I've had a look at your sisters website and will certainly think about a day trip on their boat as it sounds lovely.

Again many thanks and hope you're having a better summer then us in rainy old England!!
Diane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login