Hanioti vs Pefkohori

Hanioti vs Pefkohori

Posted by Spring 
Hanioti vs Pefkohori
August 18, 2007 02:57PM
Hello! smiling smiley

I am about to book my holiday but need help deciding whether to pick Hanioti or Pefkohori
I was in Polichrono once and visited Hanioti for a day ... seemed nice but I'm not too eager about visiting the same place twice smiling smiley

Can anyone tell me where are nicer beaches... better nightlife... and every other pro and cons for both the places

Thanks a lot in advance! smiling smiley
Re: Hanioti vs Pefkohori
August 18, 2007 08:53PM
hi spring,

Stay in pefkohori, there is some nice places there, hanioti's a place i like to visit when i stay there, also only couple minutes by taxi, chrusso beach is lovely just up the road from pefkohori, i think in all both pefkohori and hanioti have simiular in nightlife, although there is a niteclub called NoNo's in pefkohori(on top road on way to hanioti), i'm goin out 27th and stayin at aeolllos aparthotel. ammon gardens, ioli village, petridis apartments(is ok) and piladis apartments are pretty nice as well(some of my family have stayed there, hope this helps.

emma
August 18, 2007 09:22PM
thank you emma! I think I will take your advice smiling smiley

You know.. when i was in Polichrono... it was nice but ... with only a few places to go out at night and we were so silly that we only discovered Hanioti a few days before going home! lol
so... im trying to pick up all the tips that i can in advance this time
I'll make sure to visit NoNo's! Anything else I shouldnt miss?
The vila is called Anthi (ring any bells?)

What about the weather at the end September? will it still be hot enough ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/08/2007 11:12PM by Spring.
August 19, 2007 11:38AM
hi again spring,

the weather should be still nice at this time of year, couldn't be any worse than the british weather at the moment, never heard of that villa(is it in pefkohori, mite be in the old town), if you are a young couple there are quite a few bars on beach front of pefkohori one place is my friends Anna's it use to be could Oasis but it change name now, not sure what its called but it has an arcades next to it, and then further down the other end of the beach past where aellos apartments are there were some bars down there that seemed quite nice, didn't really get a chance to go in them as my young kids had other ideas. I've been coming to pefkohori for the last 18 years since i was 13 and seen a lot of changes but never get bored with it.

plus about the weather there is a regular update for at least four days a time on this forum from skiass(think thats their name)

emma
August 19, 2007 12:01PM
Yes I saw the weather topic. thanks smiling smiley
And, it doesnt sound really comforting that it cant be any worse than the british weather! lol

btw
we are about the same age

PS
one more question, please...
Is there any place where they dance sirtaki? and with traditional Greek music?
thanks again! smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/08/2007 06:31PM by Spring.
August 19, 2007 04:25PM
hi again,

think they do one in pauls place in the old town on a sunday at 11am, don't know about the evenings ask your rep when you get there, flames bar and kahlua bar are good also some bars are tucked down some of the sides streets so have a wander round during the day, hope you all have a good time and mite see you around lol.

emma
August 19, 2007 05:14PM
hi spring

as my sister said (halls2210) pefkohori is the better place, i have been out there in sept for past 2 years and weather was min of 25 with odd bit of rain & dry but not so sunny but in all I'll be suprised if the weather is naff, last year was beautiful with odd downpours overnite whilst asleep. went to no no's club a few years back which was a good nite out, plays greek & english music, there are a few bars along the front which get quite busy and the tavernas are uite happy for you to stay and have a drink after your meal,(your never rushed like in england!!!!!!!!!!!

may see you out there as I'm out there from 20th sept for two weeks ith prtner & my little girl

Marie x
August 19, 2007 05:32PM
Ji spring

Just checked on internet, apartments are just past the pier down the side road, look nice, if you go on to pefkohori village.com then click on pic anthi apartments it will show you some pics of outside & inside, staying there your not far from anything

marie x
August 19, 2007 06:30PM
oh thank you so much you two! smiling smiley
we have some pics on our local site but these are a nice addition and I never would have found them (although i did find that site but... DRAKAKI? lol)
and... i think you both have just made my day - im gonna book first thing tomorrow hehe
See you around maybe! smiling smiley

PS
i hope you will bare with me if i think of something else to ask
im from Serbia btw smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/08/2007 06:49PM by Spring.
August 19, 2007 10:19PM

no probs, we are happy to help :>winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login