going to fourka, whats to do?

going to fourka, whats to do?

Posted by joewilde1 
Re: going to fourka, whats to do?
April 23, 2007 07:23AM
hi joe,
the waterworld is closed until mid june as the pools are not heated, it's 100 Km from Fourka and not worth the journey. The beach had been cleaned for the start of the season and will be done every 2 weeks. If you want any info when you are here just see me at the bar in the Evridiki, I do a quiz night and a karaoke night every week in the bar but its up to the guests to enjoy themselvs. Asking things from the Thompsons reps usually proves useless as they don't know what they are talking about. We had a barbi at our house yesterday and it was 27 c so if it stays like this you and your lass should go home with good tans.
April 23, 2007 09:12AM
ooh pub quiz, i lose each week at my local pub so might aswell do the same whilst on holiday!
lol
at 27c ill get a tan but the missus will turn to a lobster!

5 weeks today till i fly!
April 27, 2007 02:09PM
hi Buster will pop in evridiki an have a jar with you in the week when we get to fourka

jeff
April 29, 2007 07:27AM
Hi Jeff,
I am not sure what nights we will be doing the Quiz and Karaoke yet but I will let you know when I have had a talk with Yiannis. It will be good to see it all open again, from October to May the beach area is a ghost town, the people who live down there are mainly Russians, thats why I live in the village, but I never speak English throughout the winter. The Evridiki is not all English this year as Thompson dropped the ten rooms that face the road so as they don't get complaints about noise. Its such a pity as the British made Fourka a great little place and the greeks love it, but it will be quiet this year. See you in a few weeks.
Yiasou buster
April 29, 2007 12:08PM
yasou Buster

seem thompson have damaged Fourka badly but funny enough we booked through them as i couldnt get hold of Australia .... Iris .... or Sakis who owns appartments across from the Victoria .

fourka is just our Base we will be visiting Skioni Hanioti Polichrono .and kryopigi while we are there.would love to take my partner and son to seloniki but only have enough funds to get by with and just about able to hire a car for 1 day to run down the penninsular.

3 weeks to go

oh and by the way not wanting to offend anyone but were going away to NOT hear russian polish and lithuanian lol we live in a forien town here more of them than us now ....

yamas
JEFF
May 01, 2007 09:19AM
hi there folks

not long to go now less than 4 weeks and counting,

does anyone know what the everdiki is like in giving you your room requests (when ya book)
that are requested, ie pool view? i can imagine this has improved now those 10 rooms have been dropped!

better start on the sunbed soon so ave got a tan to go with,

Joe
May 02, 2007 02:51PM
2 weeks 5 days he he he he he
May 02, 2007 05:05PM
Hi Joe,
it is Thompson that allocate the rooms, but Yiannis and his wife Evi are great and will sort out any problems that you may have, just ask them, they both speak good English unless you have a broad Glaswegan accent they will understand. Don't wait to tell the rep they forget.
The rooms Thompson dropped were probably the best ones but they overlooked the road into Fourka and in high season it is busy, but after a few Amstel I can sleep through a tornado.
Hope you have a good stay.
Buster.
May 06, 2007 12:44PM
15 days to go
May 07, 2007 08:58PM
20 days to go

woo hooo
May 08, 2007 02:19PM
13days to go yeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
May 08, 2007 05:47PM
12 BY THE TIME U READ THIS

Look out fourkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
May 09, 2007 02:42PM
cum on jeff only 7 more get ups for work weheyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
May 11, 2007 07:41AM
wrong 5 days for getups he he he

10 days to lift off m8t
May 11, 2007 09:26AM
17 days left now,
have been packed for last month and cant wait to go!
May 11, 2007 03:07PM
hi jeff well ive just finished work for da weekend so then onlyy 5 more get ups oh my god
May 12, 2007 04:04PM
my modems gone down so might not be on again c u there

9 days left
May 12, 2007 04:07PM
16 days to go
May 12, 2007 06:02PM
ok lets see now

Passport = check
insurance = check
flight tickets = check
euros and travellers cheques = check
suitcases full for the use of = check
beach towels = check
sun lotion = check
clothes to travel in = check
missus & son = check
car filled with petrol oil water = check
pushchair = check
fishing rod and tackle (sob-sob) = no room

DID i forget anything ...........ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

oh yes

take goldfish to son No1`s house Fri

82o today hot enuff

May 12, 2007 06:19PM
at least you got your tickets jeff,

thompson told me theyd be there 3 weeks before we fly, rang to see and they told me theyd be there 10 days before we fly!

confused????????? i am!

cant wait, its getting closer and closer!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login