going to fourka, whats to do?

going to fourka, whats to do?

Posted by joewilde1 
Re: going to fourka, whats to do?
September 16, 2007 05:21PM
A week from tomorrow we'll be in Fourka!! But just had a thought.

We will want to take as many ciggies as possible home with us. How many supermarkets in Fourka, and how big are they?

Does anyone think we'll have to go somewhere bigger for large quantities of cigs? If so, where??
September 16, 2007 09:02PM
Nightowl

Supermarket across from Hotel Australia

SUPER super market to the left of Julia about 3 mins walk you cant miss it

and another supermarket across from Iris taverna near Hotel Australia.

Walk into village square to roundabout turn left and 200yds on left another supermarket then 500 yds on right and in left hand corner Yep you got it another supermarket.

then theres always DUTY FREE at Selonika airport.

hope this helps lol

JEFF
September 17, 2007 07:43AM
Thanks Jeff. You're a mine of information.

You must really love Fourka sooo much to keep logging on here when you haven't got a trip there lined up. Hope you manage to get back out there soon before you burst with frustration!!!!

Take care. L x
September 18, 2007 07:44AM
lol LOVE it its my second home

believe me its not for the want of trying to get back to see all my friends in fourka ive made over the years ive been going.

Ive heard people say "oh the greeks are so nice to you 1 for your money 2 they want you to go back again"

Believe me i have made true friends in Fourka after 1 year when my wife was taken seriously ill with Epilepsy and was rushed to a hospital in Seloniki nothing and i mean nothing was too much trouble to these people. Nikos who owns Yaimas Bar , i am indebted to for his help i didnt even know to which hospital my wife was taken so after many phone calls to Seloniki Nikos found her even got the ward and room number.then took time out to run me to Seloniki to see her. Then put me in a 5* hotel and told the manager to take care of me. Nikos then went off and returned an hour later to take me round the bus route i needed to get to hospital showed me where to get on then get off for my hotel. Then produced a bundle of bus tickets he bought for me.And this man never asked nor take any payment back .Atrue friend indeed and this guy didnt really know me from Adam i only drank/ate in his bar a few times untill this happened.

have the best holiday of your life
and i bet you cry the day you leave Fourka lol
September 18, 2007 08:13AM
Hi Jeff

I have no doubt I'll cry when I leave Fourka. I cry nearly every time I leave anywhere in Greece!!!!

Not happy with the weather forecast!!! Dropping 11 degrees over 1 day next Friday !!! That's not good!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login