going to fourka, whats to do?

Posted by joewilde1 
April 18, 2007 07:28PM
Hi there,
me and my girlfriend are going on hol to foruka on may 28th for a fortnight. well be staying at the everdiki apartments!

just how shingley is the beach, and wots all this @#$%& about the dreaded urchins?

does anyone know how hot it will be at this time of the year?

what do people think about water world is it realy worth going or just a wast of time and money?

ah well not to long to wait now, 5 weeks and 5 days, tickets will be arriving soon!

many thanx joe and claire
Re: going to fourka, whats to do?
April 18, 2007 08:09PM
Your there the same time as me Joe
Beach is sandy if you stay near the hotel Australia.
Urchins only live around the rocks so stay off the rocks with bare feet.
Hopefuly the weather should be around the low 80's.
and yes water world is PANT'S dont bother mate.
Good luck

regards
Phil.
April 18, 2007 08:45PM
ah well shouldent be to bad!

ive been told ther is a nightclub or is that the next town on (kathilea or summet)

wot kind of excursions are usually on offer? and are they any good!
April 19, 2007 09:53AM
hi again joe.

now you know about the beach which with us being early in Fourka the beach may not have been cleaned so may be debries from winter still about.

swim near hotel Australia or 300 meters to your right but NOT near to the headland as its very rocky and swimming by Australia you can feed the fish as they swim around you, snorkle and goggles a must here lol.

Excursions go see Iaila at the car hire shop near the supermarket and next door to butchers shop. DONT go on REPS tours they are more expensive than booking local trips

Iaila will also do money exchange at good rate too hes a nice helpfull man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/04/2007 11:43AM by Nikos.
April 19, 2007 03:31PM
well this is starting to sound like a good holiday,

ive read so much aboat this viktoria restraunt but some are saying its just english food in greece, where would you recomend for a traditional greek restraunt that will have a nice after dinner bar aswell?

just bought the suntan oil and cream so its realy starting to hit me now!

April 19, 2007 11:06PM
joe

personally i dont like the vik

now for real greek food and the BEST Barnsley chop in the whole world LOL
try the Bella Venetia its by the ciggy kiosk in the square and upstairs on a Balcony overlooking the square free soup for starters, great service and not expensive.

across the road is La Plaza which can be expensive but good food
by the roundabout in the square is the BEST 24 hr GYROS shop(i live in there ---apart from the bella venetia )smiling smiley

down by the beach from the square is a very good fish resturant or for fresh octopus try Billys up by the church at the top of the village

by the way joe the Barnsley chop is done greek style.

will be up bella wednesday about 7.30 - 8.oopm

see ya soon

Jeff
P.S if you go to Hanioti well the worlds your oyster
lots of good restaruants there
April 19, 2007 11:12PM
ooh now im getting rely exited as im a chef myself im looking towards the the greek to give me info on themed nights for my restraunt!

a barnsley chop, dont know what one of those is neve mind greek style? lol!

when are you flying jeff?

my girlfriend claire is wondering if theres any jellyfish as well as urchins? (bit of a wimp)

5 weeks 3 days to go!

joe
April 20, 2007 12:16PM
hi joe

theme nights .......restraunt wow smiling smiley

id be inclined to go to Hanioti and purchase a greek cook book or try the internet joe the chefs in the restrants seem a bit coy as to giving advice on things

Barnsley chop lol its a BIGGGGGGGG pork chop done in a sauce with veg n stuff.

we fly 21st may from Luton 7 am flight will be in Fourka by 3pm.

Do you REALLY want me to tell you about Jellyfish???

well without wanting to scare the pants of claire
theres BROWN ones as big as dinner plates but are long ways of shore unless we have high winds where they can get blown inshore , just to assure you that you cant miss the things they do sting if touched
next are the BLUE ones these are best avoided as much as possible they can make you quite ill but only seen these around thessalonki not round our shore line.

ummmmm 4 weeks 3 days for me lol.
April 20, 2007 05:50PM
There are sometimes small jellyfish, just slightly coloured small pieces of jelly really. Dont sting at all these. Seen the laarge brown ones after high winds, but usually May and Sept. Kept well away anyway ! Mind the fish nibbling your toes, doesnt hurt but comes as a shock sometimes.
April 20, 2007 05:52PM
i think i might just play it safe and stay on the beach with ma beer instead then!

is any one else flying from manchester on the 28th may?
April 20, 2007 06:15PM
Seriously Joe, dont worry. I am always in the sea and I am really mardy about these sort of things. I now live there for six months of the year and I am terrified of wasps, horseflies, jelly fish and more, but I manage and I dont even run down the beach screaming anymore (wouldnt be very refined now I am over 50 ! might have looked more cute when I was 20.......

Anyway, go in the sea it would be a shame to miss it. Bit cold in May but perfectly OK once you have been in a few mins. Lovely and clear. Have fun.
April 20, 2007 07:34PM
Jo were flying from Manchester on 28th
April 20, 2007 09:43PM
cool, you on the same 9am flight?

cant wait to get on that plane and into the tavernas!
April 20, 2007 11:28PM
hi Jane how was you break????

April 21, 2007 08:50AM
hey jeff,
every chef has thier own restraunt, mines been in the pipeline since i was 6, hasnt yet materialised though!

this barnsley chop is still worrying me a touch, is it done in a gravy sauce or a white sauce?

5 weeks and 1 day till takeoff!
April 21, 2007 03:37PM
ha ha ha ha hi joe

White Mushroom sauce of coursewinking smiley

greek new potatoes and veg of choice

i can see your mouth watering from here.........................................>

4 weeks monday and just been told i go 3 motorcycle meetings to do Fri-Sat-Sun
will be in bed by 8 sunday night we leave home for luton just after 1 am down to my mates near luton drop car off then he will take us to luton airport 4.30 am gonna be a long day for us but hey oh were on holiday.

had to make a frappe` was getting withdrawel symptoms .

yamas

Jeff
April 21, 2007 09:05PM
Yes were on the same flight as you mate but were taking a car from the airport (cant stand the coach journey) Were staying at the Julia studios across the main road from where your staying.
regards
Phil.
April 22, 2007 04:39PM
hi phil,

is the coach journey realy that bad?

how many germans am i likley to meet whilst out in fourka?

FASTEST SUNBED SNATCHER IN WEST IS ME!
April 22, 2007 07:33PM
Coach journey not bad but it takes about 2 hours depending on how many hotels they drop off at first (fourka is always last on the run!) in a car it takes 45 minutes.
Hopefully you will meet no Germans in Fourka however there will be people from Sweden and Czech republic there for the first time this year (could be fun!)
Good news is your hotel is all English so you can have a lie in and still get a bed by the pool.
Regards
Phil.
April 22, 2007 07:51PM
Fantastic, lie in and still get a sun lounger have never had that on a holiday!

Ah well hopefully il just sleep on the bus transfer and leave the missus to wake me at the hotel (hope she does though)

do you rate the thompson reps much or are they too happy clappy?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login