Weather in October

Weather in October

Posted by Elizabeth 
Weather in October
January 07, 2007 03:05PM
Hi, please can anyone tell me what the weather is like in October. We are planning to go to Hanioti.
Re: Weather in October
January 07, 2007 06:13PM
October is pretty much end of season & the last year i was there end of september going into october & they'd had really bad rain & there was no water or electricity for a day but the year before i was in october it was warm sunny but showers,it's also quiet in october & some places will have closed!

smiling smiley
January 07, 2007 07:09PM
Cheers Kerry will have to cross fingers and hope it fine
February 03, 2007 05:35PM
Halkidiki is not a place to visit in October. Everything is closed.
February 03, 2007 06:44PM
Not quite everything, which makes it a nice time to visit if you want real Greek hospitality from the local places still open, and have beaches all to yourself. We may have been lucky, but for our three years living there Oct was lovely weather. Not boiling hot, but lovely and warm.

We visited in Nov last year for a week, 20 deg and sunny. No tourists in sight and local places open to eat. We liked it.

We go this year in Aug til Dec, looking forward to the beachcombing come Oct, Nov where the beaches will be empty.

If you want to know of places definitely open (and there are quite a few we know) in Oct, email me Elizabeth. Hanioti though is one of the places that is mostly closed in Oct.

February 04, 2007 12:14PM
Hi Jane,Thanks for the info about the weather sounds good. Now I am a bit worried about it being closed. We are going to Hanioti 8TH oct. Please let me know there will be some tavernas to eat in
February 04, 2007 02:34PM
Elizabeth I sent you a private message but not sure if it worked or not. Let me know. If not I will post message here. Basically though we are there Aug til Dec this year, so if you email me nearer the time I will have found out what is open and what it not. After all we need to eat too. We know loads of places open all year, but you need transport. Hanioti is tourist driven, but should still be OK around 8 October. Some places will close, but some will still be open. Certainly in Kriopigi I know our friends Sweet Coffee Shop should still be open serving home made pizza, crepes, sandwiches etc. Lots of giros places are still open. Just not sure about Hanioti as we have never stayed there and we live on the other side of the peninsula which is less touristy and also has some places open all year.

Speak nearer the time. Email me privately if you wish, jane at one cal dot co dot uk. We will pick up messages over there, hoping to have internet at our house but will have to see how things pan out when we get there.

We are off end March for three weeks, looking forward to it. Will post review of what it was like weather wise when we get back, but we used to go April to Nov and never had much to complain about. There has been more rain in recent years, like everywhere, but it doesnt usually last that long.

Bye for now
February 14, 2007 05:08PM
i stayed in hanioti 28/9-12/10 last year..as the holiday progressed pubs/restaurants closed for the season.we stayed at the angelo and around that area there are about 8/9 pubs/restaurants by the night of the 11 oct only 2 were still open..in the 'square' most were still open prob 80% of them so don't worry there are plenty of choice..weather wise it was mainly good with one or two poor days.
February 15, 2007 10:44AM
Hi Brian We are going at the beginning of October so hopfully all will be ok. Was the greek restaurant near the Angelos open. Cant remember name but it has a fountain ? I guess we will have to hope weather os ok
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login