Kassandrea town hall

Kassandrea town hall

Posted by Deano 
Kassandrea town hall
July 21, 2006 08:46PM
I am getting married in Halkidiki this summer and the ceremony will take place in the Town Hall (Kassandrea) I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the Town Hall is like, or better still if anyone else has been married there then please pass on some info !! Any other helpful hints and tips would be appreciated, Thanks.

Deano
Leighann
Re: Kassandrea town hall
September 21, 2006 07:59PM

Hi Deano

Just read your message on the website,

I dont know if you have already got hitched in Kassandria Town Hall, if so, "Congrats"

I have booked to get married there in September 2007 and will be staying at Sani Beach Hotel, i am looking forward to it.

Have you got any tips or advice i would be very grateful.

Kind Regards.
Leighann
October 04, 2006 08:36AM
Hello Leighann,

Yes, we have just returned from our wedding in Halkidiki and it was really GREAT !! We also stayed in th Sani Beach Hotel and were very impressed by just about everything, the only thing to comment about the hotel really is that our room was on the small side - we had our young son with us who was in bunkbeds which took up quite a lot of space in the room but if it is just you and your partner then you will be fine as you don't spend that much time in your room. Appart from that everything else was fantastic

The wedding went without a hitch and it was a beautiful day, the town hall is quite cute with steps going upto the entrance and inside is smart enough too. There is a small church type building right next to the town hall which does give the oppertunity for some really nice pictures, and the ceremony is short but not too short - just right really because I'm not keen when they go on for hours !!

I'm sure you know about the paperwork by now and I was a bit daunted by it all at first but it isn't that bad really, I used Mr and Mrs Bentham in London to translate all of our paperwork and both of them were fantastic. There details are within this forum a couple of times so you should be able to find them, if not let us know.

We did have a couple of bad days weather but we didn't fly out until the 14th and those bad days were towards the end of our second week, at least the weather is better than it will be in England !

If you need any more help then just drop us a line, and don't listen to any of the "moaners" on the forum because you will have a fantastic time and you definatly made the right choice. please feel free to contact me at :

dean.reynolds@fsmail.net
January 22, 2007 10:25AM
hi just read your message regarding the town hall in kassandrea.
myself and my partner are getting marries there in june this year and my head is battered with the paper work...also could you help with any other info that might help.cheers jayne.
January 23, 2007 02:03PM
I'm also getting married in Halkidiki this year at the Kassandria town hall, it is quite nice and although Kassandria is a little bit of the beaten track it the town hall looks a lot nicer than the one in Hanioti. Me and the better half were holiday reps in 1999 and we met in Polichrono, fell in love with Halkidiki and each other!!!! This year I finally decided to hang up the clipboard, get myself a proper job!!! and make an honest woman of the poor girl.

You can see a picture of the town hall if you copy and paste the link below in to your browser:-

[www.greeka.com]

January 23, 2007 10:19PM
hi got a pic of it thanks,, wedding co ordinater sent me it.when you gettin married.?
paperwork is a bit of a mare like but deano has helped loads,,very confusing dont you think.
i cant wait its only took me nine years to get him there..
there are 25 of us going out there..
i have never been to greece before but i have heard its lush and the hotel we are staying in looks amazing..
January 23, 2007 10:22PM
by the way love your e mail name..shadowfax..lord of the rings...my fav ...
January 24, 2007 01:30PM
You'll love Halkidiki, I remember being told by Airtours that I would be working in Halkdiki and thinking where the hell is that I didn't even know it was in Greece, I'd never been to Greece before let alone worked there. So I was a little nervous to say the least. But I couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. The local were and are most friendly you could wish to meet, I've since worked on 10 other Greek Islands/Mainland and I still say Halkidiki takes some beating. If you only do a few things while your there take a cruise across to Sithonia (best chance to see some dolphins) and take a trip in to Thessaloniki. The best thing for me about Halkidiki was the fact they cater for the Greeks who come down from Thessaloniki at the weekends and also for there holidays in August. The food is fantastic and not much English food apart from breakfasts Thank God!!!
January 24, 2007 06:37PM
hi shadowfax

was gonna ask if it was ANDY off bikersweb but reading on your not lol

where do you get the cruise over to Sithonia plz

yamas
JEFF
January 25, 2007 08:46AM
There are quite a few, but the best one had to be with the crazy captain Mikalis. I've heard he wasn't to well last year so wasn't on his boats that much he has two the Menia and the Maria if my memory is correct both named after his two daughters. One used to for the English and the other for the Germans her was on the English boat 95% of the time and used to shout 5-1 at the other boat!!!! He'd take you across to a deserted beach in the morning and then BBQ on the boat while you sailed to Nea Marmaris. Not a lot to do here, but the I used to take everyone to a little icecream shop on the top of the hill fantastic view and fantastic icecream!!! Then back to Pefkehori. It was my biggest selling trip when I was there and never a complaint. The reps sold the trips apart from Kosmar who had a different one. But I'm sure he had days for the tour operators and also private days where you could book at the boat or from one of the local agents.
February 06, 2007 10:40PM
Congratulations on your marriage !
We have booked to get married in Halkidiki in May (2007) There are so many things I am unsure of - i just wish I cd go for a few days to see what it's like!
Do u know anything about the Sani Beach Club Hotel?
Where did u have your reception?
Did you go on any boat trips?
Have you any tips or useful info for us - it wd b much appreciated michellexxx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login