Just got back from hanioti Lesse Studios

Posted by Loz 
Loz
August 11, 2006 06:42PM
I have just come back from 2 weeks at staying in this hotel with my boyfriend and my family. Im 20 and my boyfriend is 22. Im not one of those people who come on these things and just moan about little silly things everything iam going to write on here is 100% true. People who stayed at this hotel the same time as us will surely agree. 27th july-10 August. What a waste of money!!! I was really dissapointed. The rooms shown on there website and in brochures are lovely but when we got there they where the worst rooms i have ever stayed in. They where more than basic. No fancy flowers or spacious posh looking rooms that are shown on the internet. We looked at different rooms in different blocks aswell because we where thinking of upgrading but they wernt any better. We asked to be on top floor and sea view but when we looked over our balcony you could see a tiny bit of sea the right and a load of bushes on a piece of what looked like waste land. There are no lifts and has 4 floors. it was £25 pound for a safe key and that wasnt a deposit that you get back. The maids where a bit shit at cleaning e.g mopping the floor with dirty water that made our room stink!! The sunbeds are dirty off peoples feet and sn lotion with them not being plastic but they where very comfortable.The building itself looks nice but they dont keep on top of things like maintenence e.g. the pool was an absolute disgrace, the bottom of the pools where all coming away and alot of people cut their feet because of this, even the baby pool!!! Those pieces where very sharp aswel.i saw Afew people takin photgraphs of things like the bottom of the pool. So hopefully they will put them on here to sow you. The lights that are in the pool where constantly floating ontop of the water. The tiles at the top end of the pool had all fallen off. There where constantly twigs & creatures floating in the pool as they have pine trees all around the complex. The food in the hotel was quite nice. George the barman was great he's a good laugh and deserves better than working there. Around the pool area and pool bar where never cleaned the floor was constantly dirty. People complained about this and it got cleaned the day after but after that it didnt get cleaned again. This hotel could be nice if they kept up with stuff like this. There is a gate behind block B which takes you to the beach and the square. This closed at 8. The beach was ok. It was very stoney.Quite hard to walk on because it hurts your feet so i bought some beach shoes which where well worth it! The sea was gorgeous and clean and lovely clear blue. There are pedlows which where 10 euros for an hour which was good. It also had jet ski's which where 30 euros for 15 minutes. The hotel is set about a 5 minute walk from hanoiti town which is a good place to go. a good few coctail bars and nice shops.The square was better than i expected. There was one bar, cant remember its name, that always had big brother on!! haha. I found the holiday quite boring as whenever we go away we always go on a excursion but in halkidiki they where so expensive! £140 for 3 people to go on a jeep safari. We've been on jeep safari's before and its been 10 each person. Everything was so expensive compered to other holidays ive been on. I would never recomend this hotel to anyone. As it states its a 4 star!!! No way. I stayed in a 3star in barcelona and it was out of this world compered to lesse. Me and alot of people who stayed the same time as us would rate it as a high 2 star. Lesse hotel needs to look after their hotel and take up to date photographs of everything as those photos must have been took as soon as it opened 3 or 4 years ago i think. It is not fair for people to think they are going to stay at a nice posh hotel and be dissapointed when they get there. Me personally would never go back to halkidiki as there is not much there to do. If you need to know anything or have any questions about lesse studios or halkidiki please ask an i'll be happy to write back to you.
di james
Re: Just got back from hanioti Lesse Studios
August 11, 2006 11:13PM
Sorry ypou did not enjoy your holida, but dont let one hotel put ypou off halkidiki, its a lovely place.
August 12, 2006 08:45AM
I agree, Halkidiki is lovely, we have been twice and are looking to go next year.

However, I was debating on the Lesse or the Naias (which I believe is on the beach front) so think I will try for Naias after reading your above detailed review. Thanks. I know it is each to their own when it comes to opinions, but in my book, there is NO excuse for not being clean and well maintained, afterall, this is the hotelliers livelyhoods.

Did you see the Naias on the beach front? Just wondered your opinion.
Loz
August 12, 2006 06:10PM
Hey Rachael. I'll have a look on the internet at that hotel and see if i can remember seeing it.
August 12, 2006 06:24PM
Hi Loz, don't let one hotel and one resort put you off going to Halkidiki. We have been going 25+ years and there are some lovely places. There are also some good tours, but you need to go to the less busy villages to book. Never stayed in Hanioti, never booked tours in Hanioti, but then again we did all the tours 25 years ago, so now we tour by car ourselves.

It would be nice if you could try again and go round the peninsula and find some lovely quiet beaches and tavernas, really Greek and not touristy. However, I know the world is a big place and probably you will want to try other places.

I am now going to check that website so I can see what the rooms should have been like ! I agree that is not fair. Are you going to follow it up with your travel agent?

Cheers
Jane
Loz
August 13, 2006 02:43PM
Hiya rachael, just had a look at the Naias hotel. I do remember this. We dropped people off here on the way to lesse studios. To be really honest with you, it didnt really look that nice from the outside. If i remember rightly it had scruffy beige net curtains up in the windows. The rep said it is alot nicer inside the hotel ad the pool area than what it looks like outside. Just had a look t the pics of the bathroom......they are nicer than lesse. But lesse building looks alot better. Its everyone to there own though. And this is just my opinion. Hope this has helped you rachael. Let me know what you decide on doing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login