Just back from Hanioti

Just back from Hanioti

Posted by Wendy 
Wendy
Just back from Hanioti
July 16, 2003 12:26PM
Just got back on MOnday... it was a fantastic holiday, the best i have ever had. Hanioti is a fab place, with friendly people and lots to do and see. You should go on the boat trip called the Sunset cruise, what a laugh... Don't go market, that is full of fruit and veg....
Weather was too hot really, in and out of the pool every half an hour.

Lots of places to eat and drink. If anybody would like info, don;t hesitate to contact through this site.

Wendy
Jenny
Re: Just back from Hanioti
July 16, 2003 08:57PM
Hi

It is good to know that we have chosen the right place. I am going with my mum and yonger brother. I am 18 - do you think that there will be enough to keep me occupied? I am not in to mad holidays yet! We are staying at the Macedonian Sky apartments, did you see them at all?
Wendy
July 17, 2003 08:10AM
Jenny
I didn't see the Macadonia Sky, but to tell you the truth i wasn't looking.
All the action is around a lovely fountain on the Square, it changes colours, and there you will find all the restaurants and bars. There are some really nice places to eat, i liked the Kassandra Garden, the food was gorge. We also like Pizza Roma, best pizzas i have ever had, one between two is enough, with a chefs special salad.

Drinks are about as expensive as they are here especially for shorts and alco pop drinks.

You will really enjoy it, i will definately return, but maybe in a year or two.
Daniel
July 17, 2003 10:29PM
Hiya Wendy

Glad that you had a good holiday. At least yo have come back to similar weather over hear - up until today anyway!!!! It makes a change from landing back in the UK and its raining. I just wanted to see if you happened to hire a car when you were over there. We are after a car for a week and I am finding it difficult to get an idea of what one might expect to pay. I am on a budget and I am only taking what I really need to take and not much more. If you can help that would be great. Also I have heard there a sea urchins everywhere you go on the beach. Is this the case and do I need protection!!! Last but not least are the mossys really that bad. I have heard some people receive up to 50 bites at a time!!!!!

Many thanks for your time
Daniel
Wendy
July 18, 2003 07:58AM
Daniel
I don't even know what a sea urchin is, so i guess i didn't see any whilst i was there. The sea is just beautiful and warm. I had no problems whatsoever.

I don't know of anybody that got bit by a mosquito, i only had problems with fly's and wasps.

As for car hire, well, i didn't hire one myself but lots of people staying at our hotel did, i do believe they are quite cheap, depending on what kind of car you want. Mopeds are really cheap to hire, but I didn't bring my driving licence so couldn't hire anything. Your rep will be able to advise you on the best deals.

Enjoy your holiday, it really is a fantastic place.

W
Brian
July 21, 2003 10:23AM
Sounds great can you recommend any good places to eat?
We are staying at the dioynosos studios did you come across them? if so what did they seem to bew like
Bob Hump
July 22, 2003 10:58AM
our hotel was across the wasteground from your hotel (don't worry by waste ground it's just a dusty/grassy triangle that people park on). They look very nice apartments and pool always seemed busy with a few people in bar at evening. You're about 250m from the beach and the same again to the main bits of town. Right opposite you have a supermarket and 2 or 3 bars restaurants aswell. I'd imagine you should have a good time.
Wendy
July 22, 2003 12:41PM
Hi Brian

There are numerous restaurants - you know the good ones cos they are always busy, I personally liked the Kassandra Garden, nice atmosphere, and lovely food, the Gusto Italiano right on the corner is a nice one too. There is a big one called Lesse which was always busy, but i never went in that one.

There are so many its hard to suggest any particular one.

You will have a great time, its a lovely place with a great atmosphere.
pamela
July 22, 2003 02:08PM
HI Wendy
nice to hear you had a nice holiday, my family and i are going on 21st of next month i wondered if it was an exspensive place to stay and are the trip,s exspensive ?were doing self catering in tropical studios and wondered is there supermarkets around?
would be grateful pammie
Wendy
July 23, 2003 08:02AM
Hi Pam

I don't know where your studios are, but where i was staying on the main road was a fantastic supermarket, it was were all the greeks went shopping, they sold everything. I wouldn't say it was expensive, i guess it depends on what you eat and how many courses. The average for a meal is 5 euros - which is about £3.75, but thats without drinks, bread and tip. The dearest we spent on a meal for 3 of us was in total £32 Euros, which is about £24, and that was the best meal too.

The trips are quite expensive actually, the sunset and fun cruise were both 50 Euros, but are supposed to be great fun. Depends on what you like i guess. DON'T do the market, is is totally shite, it mostly sells fruit and veg and it stinks. Having said that i did buy a pair of sandals which were really trendy, i got them for about £6..... everybody back home loves them and keeps asking where i bought them, hee hee... so my day wasn't totally ruined, although, if i hadn't got them i would not be a happy chappy. The clothes stalls are all FAKE!!!! and they sell household stuff like bleach, washing powder etc., so don't waste your money and your day.

If i can be of any further help, please contact me via site.
Hilary Lindley
July 23, 2003 03:55PM
Hello, just read your message on this message board. I am going to polychrono next week I already have the impression ther's not much to do. Could you give me info on any nice beaches that perhaps aren't too crowded near there. How far is hanioti away from Polychrono? Any great place to eat. Thankyou
Wendy
July 24, 2003 09:01AM
Hilary
I stayed in Hanioti, i didn't go to Polichrono. I believe it is only about 5 Euros in the taxi so if you fancy a night in Hanioti it doesn't cost much. Some friends of mine went to Polichrono for a night, and really liked it, all the bars and restaurants around a harbour. Sorry i can't be much help.

I went to a nice beach in the taxi which was lovely, it was like swimming in a bath, i can't quite remember the name, it begain with a P, if you ask any taxi driver to take you to a nice beach, they will. My taxi even came back to pick us up, i was very impressed.

The Greeks are lovely people, and will certainly do anything for you, all you have to do is ask.
Hilary Lindley
July 24, 2003 12:12PM
Thankyou Wendy, for replying to my message. I'll be sure to use the taxi service.

Thanks again

Hilary
Pauline
July 24, 2003 12:24PM
Hello...
I just made reservations at the Hotel Hanioti Village. Was that a good choice? Is it far from the beach?

Thanks.... oh, and we are going from the US.
Pauline
July 24, 2003 12:24PM
Hello...
I just made reservations at the Hotel Hanioti Village. Was that a good choice? Is it far from the beach?

Thanks.... oh, and we are going from the US.
kerry
July 24, 2003 02:04PM
Wendy i've tried to reply to your e-mail twice today but my computer's being stupid & for some reason won't let me do it so i'll try again either later or tomorrow!
Wendy
July 24, 2003 02:25PM
Pauline
I met a couple who were staying at Hotel Hanioti Village and there were overally impressed with it. I did not see it myself, funny really, you walk past all these hotels and apartments, and don't really take them in. You will be fine, its a lovely place, and i believe red-hot at the moment.

Go to the different beaches, some of them are beautiful, the fish swim around your ankles, and a snorkel is a must.
Wendy
July 24, 2003 02:27PM
Hey Kerry
Did u see the one from the Italian swingers?
What's all that about?
kerry
July 24, 2003 05:49PM
Haha yeah i saw it,had to do a double take to make sure i'd read it properly.Mind you there was one on a while back about naturists so i guess it's a case of whatever flicks your switch.Still think it's a funny place to be advertising for it but if it makes them happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really naffed off about e-mails,it was a dead long one too & i forgot to save it,haha!Replied to a thread earlier & got a reply off someone else,oops think i've been told off!!!!!Never mind,mail you asap.
Daniel
July 26, 2003 03:59PM
Hiya again Wendy

Just a quick one. I have been told that Hanioti is getting somewhat like Kavos in Corfu. Is this the case or are they just winding me up!!!

Cheers

Daniel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login