Transfers to Hanioti

Transfers to Hanioti

Posted by Liverbird 
Liverbird
Transfers to Hanioti
May 21, 2006 11:16PM
Hi all,

We're thinking of booking to go to the Strand Village in Hanioti for a week from next Monday (29th) but just wondering how best to get there from the airport - cheapest pre-booked return transfer I can find is with HolidayTaxis for £163!

I gather it from here it should be about 60 Euro (£40 GBP?) for a one way trip, but how easy will it be to find a taxi early hours of the morning? We would land at Thessaloniki 0040 in the morning and our return flight would leave approx 0140 in the morning. Also, will there be any surcharges for traveling at this time?!

Thanks!

Sarah
Nigel
Re: Transfers to Hanioti
May 22, 2006 12:18AM
Don't worry about getting a taxi there will be plenty at the airport when you land. Just make sure when you get in the Taxi you find out how much he is going to charge you.

When you are coming home just ask someone at the Strand to book you a Taxi and you should be ok..

Cheers

Nige
sakis
May 22, 2006 04:30AM

163.00 POUNDS !!!!, ap. 234.00 euros!! ..You can fly for that money !!

Maximum cost for a taxi taken from the Airport to Hanioti,
CANNOT be more than 60.00 - 70.00 euro.(41.00 - 48.00 POUNNDS !!).
All taxis running with meters, so make sure that the meter is ON, and you can get them any time
24 hrs a day, just outside the Arrival Area.
I hope that helps.

May 22, 2006 05:56AM
Sakis is right about the price,should be no more than 60-70 euros each way,i arrived early hours of the morning last year & ALWAYS have a taxi,never had any problems getting one as there is a big taxi rank just near where the coaches park at the airport,usually a queue of taxis there but most i've ever had to wait is 5mins.Another option is to ask any of the reps that will be milling about if any of them are going near your hotel & if they have any empty seats on the coach they'll charge you a small fare but would be much much cheaper!God knows who had the nerve to quote £163............my flight this year hasn't cost anywhere near that!!!!!

smiling smiley
Liverbird
May 22, 2006 11:14AM
Thanks for all your replies, you've been very helpful!

We've since gone ahead and booked and am now looking forward to jetting off a week today!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login