Kriopigi or Hanioti ?

Kriopigi or Hanioti ?

Posted by RichB 
Kriopigi or Hanioti ?
March 02, 2006 04:26PM
Any advice on what might be the more suitable resort for a couple with a 2 year old ?

We are looking at Kriopigi but are concerned it might be too quiet - we are staying for 14 nights in early sep

Would like to have somewhere we can go out in the evenings but nothing too crazy

looking at the Paradise Hotel in Kriopigi, anyone been there ?

thx, rich.
Re: Kriopigi or Hanioti ?
March 02, 2006 04:54PM
Kriopigi is lovely but perhaps not best for you, it is a quiet village,a few bars & probably a dozen restaurants also a steep hill to the beach,going down not a problem but at weekends you have to be careful as there can be quite a few cars going down there but there is a mini bus & also a little train that will take you up & down,nothing to entertain little ones either unless googlers bar has got the bouncy castle again.Hanioti is a busier resort though not too manic for time of year you're planning on going,much bigger choice of bars & restaurants(the bars are mostly music bars not clubs that stay open until the early hours)& shops plus it has the benefit of being a flat walk to the beach & i'm pretty certain you could find a hotel there that has a kids club or something for when you wanted a little break,i might be wrong but in all the time i've been going to Kriopigi i don't know of anywhere that does a kids club,my friend took her 2yr old there last year but she has friends there so her daughter always had people to fuss her & other children to play with,don't think i've seen many people take little ones to Kriopigi!Totally up to you & as biased as i am towards Kriopigi in your case i would recomend Hanioti.Hope that's been of some use.x

smiling smiley
March 02, 2006 04:56PM
reg music bars.......i meant to say it has music barsthat stay open until the early hours...not clubs!!!!!!!

smiling smiley
March 02, 2006 05:17PM
thanks kerry,

the hanioti village hotel seems to have some good reviews, do you know it ?

rich.

March 02, 2006 06:59PM
I know of it,looks nice but never stayed there as i don't do package holidays,been visiting & working over there for years so i tend to just get flights & rent rooms when i get over there!Don't know where you've been looking for reviews but 2 of my faves are www.holidaysuncovered.com & www.holidaysexposed.com they seem to have plenty of reviews of most hotels in the Halkidiki area!Might be worth picking a few brochures up(if you haven't already)& looking which hotels cater best for families with young children then maybe booking through the internet as it can sometimes work out cheaper too.I'm sure someone on here will have stayed at the Hanioti village hotel & will be more use than me on this one lol.

smiling smiley
shirleya
March 03, 2006 09:58AM
I know the HVH very well indeed as I have stayed there now eight times, this year will be number nine and have met up several times with repeat guests. Billy and Perry (the owners - greek australians) will do everything in their power to make you feel welcome. (They even rang us on New Years day). We went independently last year and will be this year too, going for 18 days this time. We used to book through Portland which is part of Thompson but now it is just Thompson. Two weeks half board (with fab home cooked food by Rula) is very reasonable. If there is anything specific that I might be able to help you with, please just ask.
March 03, 2006 02:33PM
Thanks for the info, hanioti village looks good,

March 03, 2006 04:04PM
although i guess we are still undecided, just found a geat deal to kriopigi at the paradise with airtours......looked at the website kerry mentioned & its got good reviews.....

kerry, looked at your pics of kriopigi & it looks good as well......

think we'd prob be ok in either....

thx, rich.
C&N
March 07, 2006 04:41PM
PARADISE HOTEL IS NICE BUT A LONG WAY OUT OF THE VILLAGE, ESPECIALLY IN THE HEAT AND WITH A LITTLEONE.ITS ALSO UPHILL ALL THE WAY TO THE VILLAGE. HANIOTI IS FLATTER AND THERES MORE TO SEE AND DO. IF YOU CHOOSE HANIOTI DONT FORGET TO VISIT KRIOPIGI BECAUSE ITS GOT REAL OLD GREEK CHARM. HAPPY HOLIDAYS. C&N
mammilaria
March 23, 2006 01:41PM
HI!

I am going to stay in PARADISE hotel this summer.
Have you stayed in this hotel. Do you have some pictures or any useful information regarding that hotel. Please share with me at: mammilaria@gazeta.pl THANKS
Trisha
Re Hotel Hanioti Village
April 03, 2006 10:22AM
Hi All,

We are thinking of going to the Hotel Hanioti Village mid-June with a 6 month old (read very good reviews). I know it is very hot at that time, does this hotel have air-con? or do you have to bring your own fan. Also I have read that the transfer time is 2 hours from airport, is this true?. Last question, what is the flight time from Gatwick.

Cheers
shirley
April 03, 2006 12:56PM
Hi Trisha

The hotel does have some air con rooms, you can request one when you book or ring the hotel direct and check with Perry, otherwise you can hire a fan for the time you are there. I find that the rooms are actually quite cool anyway. Transfer time is can be up to 2 hours depending how many drop offs they have to do. Flight time is 3hours 20 mins. Any other info you need, just ask, I have been going to the Hanioti Village Hotel for eight years now, this year is the 9th.
Trisha
Hotel Hanioti Village
April 03, 2006 01:46PM
Hi Shirley,

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. One last question, our flight time back to the UK will be at 21.35, and assuming checkout from the hotel will be approx noon its a long time with a baby to be hanging around. I know we can check out later but will obviously miss the scheduled coach pick-up, is it worth checking out late and getting a taxi, I've seen the price advertised with Thomson for around £125!!!

Look forward to hearing from you

shirley
April 03, 2006 02:04PM
Hi Trish

The coach normally picks you up from the Hotel between 5 - 6 so yes, it is worth keeping your room. Speak to Perry when you are there (he's one of the very cool owners, Greek/Australian) and he will give you a reasonable price. Hard to quote how much but I would say in the region of £20. Taxis are normally standard fare but I know he would be happy to order one for you. Last year approx. £50. You won't be sorry if you pick this hotel!!
April 03, 2006 04:59PM
Trisha obviously with a little one then yes i'd suggest keeping your room on,remember you need to be at the airport 2 hours before departure so shirley's right,pick up will be about 5-5.30 depending on how many other pick ups it needs to do,if however you decide to get there quickly(no stop offs)& comfortably in an air con taxi then don't book it through your travel company,get your hotel to ring a taxi for you & it shouldn't cost any more than 90euros,i had a taxi from Kriopigi last year & it was 70 euros,hanioti is a few resorts further down but it definately won't cost you £125!

smiling smiley
Trisha
Re: Hotel Hanioti Village
April 03, 2006 10:57PM
Hi Shirley and Kerry,

Many thanks for your replies, you have been really helpful. First trip with new baby so I'm crossing the Ts and dotting the Is. I'm sure I'll find a few more questions to ask!!

Cheers

Trish

Lucy
April 16, 2006 02:33PM
We are a group of 12 including a baby, teenagers and an oap! Do you think Hanioti is a good choice? We have recently booked our holiday and are staying at the Grecotel Pella hotel. We have read some bad reviews about the resort are they true ?
April 16, 2006 06:25PM
Don't know how anyone can write a bad report on Hanioti,it's a brilliant resort with something for everyone & perfect for people with babies & oap's as it's all flat whereas further up the peninsula there are hills to the beach,i'm sure you won't be dissapointed with the place.

smiling smiley
lucy
April 16, 2006 08:24PM
thanks, thats good to know, do you know anything about the Grecotel Pella hotel ?
April 16, 2006 08:28PM
No afraid not,never "do" hotels i'm afraid as most of the time i rent privately,have you looked on www.holidaysuncovered.com or www.holidaysexposed.com?They're usually the best sites to get reviews on resorts & hotels.

smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login