Nemos Studios, Polichrono

Nemos Studios, Polichrono

Posted by Nina Warren 
Wendy Cowan
Re: Nemos Studios, Polichrono
May 14, 2009 04:06PM
Hi Janet the twice we were there 2003 and 2004 the robberies were going on early on in the season when we were there.That was in june both years we were told they started at one end of Halkidiki and ended at the other end of Halkidiki.Just b careful and enjoy yourself.
teresa
May 25, 2009 06:02PM
my husband and myself have booked the nemos studios in polychrono.for the end of june,but really worried about staying there after reading about robberies.Has anyone as any further info.
May 27, 2009 11:09PM
teresa
my husband and myself have booked the nemos studios in polychrono.for the end of june,but really worried about staying there after reading about robberies.Has anyone as any further info.

We are very good friends with all at Nemo , we have never had any problems there in all the years we have been going , just use common sense lock doors, windows etc , not local people doing robberies !!!!! ................

Not booked for this year as yet !!!

Say hi to them all from David & Julie .
teresa
May 28, 2009 02:09PM
thanks for your reply!,heard that the robberies r by nite while asleep! which bothers me,after a few drinks would we here them. will giv our love.
Philipos Papakostantinou ish...
May 28, 2009 07:31PM
Hey don't worry, I've have been going to the Nemo for 6 years and to Chalkidiki since I was 18 months old, through different political systems and regimes. All you have to do is make sure you obey basic security rules,lock doors and windows,keep valuables out off sight( or don't take any with you,bling on a 2 weeks holiday is a waste of sunshine).The family who run the Nemo are a very caring and considerate group of people, if you have any problems they will help you to to utmost ability, I know I've been there got the 'T'shirt and the fun Phil.......X
teresa
May 28, 2009 08:07PM
thanks for that!look forward 2 it and follow the rules............xx
judith
July 02, 2009 04:44PM
just got back from staying at nemos polichrono!ab fab!!!cant fault anything about NEMOS! such lovlely owners and staff cant do enough for u.Best location u good wish for,meet fab people in the chill out bar just cant wait 2 go back! loved everthing about policrono,cheap as u want it and the best cocktails ever had,so dont belive all u read as it nearly put us of going and we r so glad we did.and no i didnt buy cornbeef the greek food was far 2 nice.
Tony Marriott
July 13, 2009 03:02PM
Stunned at Wendy Cowans comments. I can only guess she has an axe to grind or works for another resort!.

My wife and I have been going to Polichrono twice a year for about 10 years and have been there in high season, early and late and even in the winter. And immediately after the fires a few years back. We have many wonderful friends in Polochrono and it is a beatifull place with a fantastic beach. It will be very crowded in August though. I confess I have never stayed at Nemos but most of the hotel/apartments are very similar in service and usually very friendly although I do find that end of season a few (very few) hotel workers can get a little miserable and not as keen as in the begining of the season. I put it down to being worn out dealing with all the punters. People like the cleaners and maids are usually never unhappy (especially when you consider their jobs) and are always extrodinarily helpful and their cleaning and laundry is always imaculate, make friends with these and you will never be short of towels or toilet paper.
As for Romanies, well they get blamed for everything up to and including the state of the economy. If they were truely responsible for a regular wave of burglaries they would run out of town. The crime rate in Greece is one of the lowest in Europe but like everywhere that has a large transient population (holiday makers) you will always find people who will take advantage. If there is any significant crime then you can be sure it is unlikely to be local people commiting it. Of course you would be pretty silly not to lock your spare cash and passport away or ensure you keep it with you. You can wander the length and breadth of Polichrono at any hour of the night or day in complete safety (except for sunburn).
Don't worry about the bad comments above I garantee you will have a great time in Polichrono. Try some of the side/back street resturant/tavernas as well as the beach front ones. especialy Akrogiali which like no other taverna in Polichrono, the service in unbelievable and the place is beautiful. Go there if only for a beer or coffee.
If you like swimming get yourself a mask and snorkel and take some bread out into the water. it's crystal clear and the fish will literally come and feed from your hand - me biased? of course I am! - Have Great holiday
wendy cowan
Re: Nemos Studios,
August 31, 2009 05:09PM
Re tony marriots coments get the facts right.Not 1nc did i say i did not like policrono my complaint our coaplaint was purely about nemos.First of all 1towel each a week 1 toilet roll 1nc a week.2 We asked 4 a shift as we were in 1 of the bottom app they were stinking of dampness they were a disgrace.We were moved 2 one upper level but the lovely family 4got to mention the people who were in that appt were robbed there money a watch and camera were stolen if there had been safety deposit boxes this could have been avoided.1 of the holiday makers who was friendly with this family told us about this robberies they said we had a right 2 know what had happened as the family did not want any1 to know.No 1 said it was greeks who were doing the robberies we were told albanians or gipsys dosen't matter who did these robberies the holiday makers had a right to know.We have been all over greece and have always found them very nice people but in this case far from it as i said b4 would not recommend the nemos to any1.The only good thing was the beach few steps away.This is what happened to us yes i had a beef to grind with these people at nemos and if you had been in our position Mr m what would you have done?

WENDY COWAN
judith
Re: Nemos Studios,
September 08, 2009 04:09PM
having stayed at the NEMOS this year i feel i must point out how save i felt! How nice and friendly the owners were! plenty off toilet paper!!!even though its cheap enough to buy!!!! Beds changed ever few days,and rooms spotless! lovely clean towells. The food in the bar was lovely (and cheap) the staff were SO freindly we cant wait to go back.Meet up with lovely people who have been going there for years, So please dont be put of staying at the NEMOS as some people ull never please.must also point out we spoke to people that had been robbed,but are stilling enjoying their annual holiday at the NEMOS each year.My husband and i have holidayed all over greece and enjoyed policrono and staying at NEMOS up in the top 5
petros
September 10, 2009 08:10PM
Dear Wendy,

I ve read your comments over the past few months and i have to say i was realy surpised by you making the roberry thing a central part of Halkidiki everyday life (at least this was my understanding from words read from a heartless and emotionless computer screen). The way you expressed the situation, you made it sound as if it is a huge issue for tourists in nemos and polichrono and halkidiki as a whole.

I ve never stayed in Nemos but i assume it is similar to all other places in Halkdiki. I ve been holidaying in Halkidiki-Kalithea for 15 years ( i own a flat there) and also in polichrono last 2 years ( i own a second flat there). There was never a robbery in the flats and more importantly I have never ever heard anyone been mugged in the Halkidiki resorts. And believe me being and ex Thessaloniki local i know a lot of people who have Halkidiki as their second home (just like me) . I did not post my opinion earlier because i am a Greek so many people would suggest that i only say these things because of that. Actually i am not really interested in tourists going to Halkidiki anyway. The less tourists, the better for me!!!!!!!

But back to the point. I understand you did not like Nemo and you can just stick to that. Say the reasons why you did not like them and that is it. Perfectly respectable whether people agree with you or not. But to refer to roberries as a really big thing in Halkidiki (again this is my understanding from your posts , maybe i am wrong) is strange because
1)were you actually robbed ????
2) Do you really believe that there was never any roberry in the other resorts/places/countries you have visited??? How can you be sure that there was never any roberry in the rooms you have stayed in ???

Yes there are roberries everywhere in the world, it is just that my personal opinion is that the Halkidiki resorts and polichorno is one of the safest places on earth to be, especially for foreign tourists who live in hotels/studios etc.

There are robberies in Halkdiki, many in houses that have been closed for the winter months from Greek owners who only come to halkidiki in the summer, just like me. And the problem is aggrevated because many of the flats/houses are in isolated areas outside of the main villages, but people learn to live with that. But for people staying at hotels/flats/etc etc. i do not expect them to have a problem if basic common sense rules are followed
Wendy Cowan
September 21, 2009 06:43PM
No body mentioned halkadki as a whole our gripe was with the nemos app,and the secrecy regarding the robberies.
Pepole have to save up for there holidays and it is awful that they have there personal belongings stolen it is impossibe to carry all your personal belongins with you as they were getting into the rooms when the holiday makers were out and having a very large piece of vacant land behind the nemos made it an easy target.
Nancy
September 17, 2010 04:19PM
Hi there,

My husband and I are visiting Nemos Studios for the first time at the end of this month. As we have not been before can anyone suggest good restaurants that serve good honest greek food that the local possibly eat in as well? Also what is the weather like at this time of year, I have read all the averages but would be nice to hear from someone who has actually been there at this time of year. :-)
sheena
June 22, 2011 10:24AM
hi what is weather like in sept we go end 24th sept for week, jus checkin as have a 8 month old baby, an do u no vaso at nemos studios well been tryin to contact her, lost her number to, we used to go every year until last 2 years been goin other places if u do no her well would you pass her a message on if possible an tell her sheena an everton an kids iwll be coming end of sept ty xx
June 23, 2011 11:18AM
Does anyone know if there are safety deposit boxes at Nemos - arriving on the 2nd July and can't wait!cool smiley
June 25, 2011 07:07PM
Temp drops in Sept but still warm enough during the day to enjoy the sea,evenings are cool,you might need a thin sweater if you are going out.Telephone for the Nemo is .. 003023740 52974 or fax, 003023740 52778 mobile 00306932 432256

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/06/2011 05:29PM by Phil Evans.
sheena
September 01, 2011 10:59PM
thank u so much for ur help cant wait 3 weeks eft an she dont no we had another baby yet lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login