haniotis best bars

haniotis best bars

Posted by Matt Wright 
Rebecka
Umbrella
June 21, 2005 10:47AM
I need a new umbrella;

What happend with my red, blue umbrella with a black top. I didnt get one before i left, pity. My old green umbrella has been destroyed, on a beach. by a boy, So it cant protect me from the rain.

Keep training on the R:s
kylie
best bars in Hanioti
June 22, 2005 01:33PM
I had a few worries about Hanioti, some people said it would be great and others said it would be quiet.

I went there 3 weeks ago and it was wouderful, ive been miserable ever since we arrived home and we're trying to get back there soon. I went with my boyfriend we're 23 &24 and we had the best laugh ever!!! There are a few clubs out there but we never made it further than the square.

Go see Stan in the Blue Cafe he'll make sure you have a good night. He's got great taste in music and the place is so trendy. Say hello to him from me if anyone goes there!

Kx
Anita
Re: best bars in Hanioti
June 26, 2005 06:07PM
Hi Lee

Im going on the 3rd Aug and i cant wait!!! - It still seems ages away though!

Ive done the Ibiza thing and the Kavos thing so im not after avid clubbing or anything. Just good food, good music, ocassional karaoke and dancing and to meet lots of nice people. My friend is the same but shes never been to Greece before and is a bit nervous, especially after hearing bad things!

I know we'll have a fantrasic time though and thanks to everyone for their information!

Anita

xxx
nicola
June 28, 2005 10:03AM
Anita, if that is what you are l;ooking for, that is what you will get. It is people who expect it to be like Ibiza that come on here complaining that it is too quiet. Your holiday is what you make it.
Emily
June 28, 2005 10:38AM
I agree and the people are so lovely there you cannot fail to have a good time.
nicola
June 28, 2005 02:43PM
9 days to go and i will be there, i cannot wait!!!!!
Emily
June 28, 2005 03:10PM
I have 75 days left and counting!!! I still cannot wait.
Nigel
June 28, 2005 05:20PM
the vicky apartments rule there is nothing bad about them i dont know why your worried
Anita
June 29, 2005 07:17PM
Nigel

Have you stayed at the Vicky??? Im not worried at all !- i am a big lover of greece and even if the vicky was really basic and small, i would still love it!

To be honest, potencially, it sounds like one of the nicest places around and ive seen the pictures on yourholiday.com so that makes me want to go even more!!!! My mates just a wimp, she only ever been to benidorm before and had a bad experience there - so shes in for a shock! Greece has a completely different lifestyle to spain and i know she will adore it!!!

Thanx for the info - the more i read, the more exited i get!!!! Have a good time NICOLA and tell us how it went! (dont get too brown!)

Anita

xxx
Sam
June 30, 2005 05:59PM
Me & my husbang just got back from hanioti which was great its the 2nd year weve been & we are going again next year, if you want some great drinks & loads of fun try the sunshine bar who also do great fishbowls & if you want a nice breakfast go to prime bar & say hi to vangelis & we will see him again next year, have fun.
Gaz & Jayne
July 02, 2005 02:50PM
Hot goblin breakfasts and potatos are AWESOME.
Kassandra rooftop is a fantastic restaurant with a great owner. Nicest meals in here.
Old Tavern is a lovely place too, Amanda and Dimitios are great.
Amethystos do a wicked breakfast as too does Zorba's.
The Blue Bar is brilliant although the music has dropped in standards this year and is a bit too loud.
Last year we loved the Afro's video bar when Sam, Natasha, Babis and Mario were working there. Now there is only Pedros left, but is still a nice bar.
Never really went to Kelfos much.
The Sunshine cocktail bar is OK. But the guy who works there with the minging little rat tail is so rude and obnoxious that we stayed away after 2 vists. Everywhere is nice and easy going but in there they want to get the money off you as soon as possible and they don't use please or thank you's.
The Chinese restaurant towards the beach (Near Dionysos Restaurant) is lovely and always has been (Quite expensive though) and the NEW Indian restaurant near the Kassandra rooftop is lovely. We didn't try Stones Bar or The Indian / Chinese next to The Old Tavern. But the restaurant opposite the Pegasus hotel (Erodios?) is excellent and is probably on a par with Kassandra as Hanioti's most romantic place to eat. Billy's Bar was OK and Long Island is lovely too. The Beach Bar is a nice place to go at night. Wakiki bar does great cocktails. Our advice is to try everything as everyone has their own taste.
Ramona
July 04, 2005 12:41PM
Hey u all!!! I went to hanioti since 14 jears, and I am not bored jet. my favorite bars are bachalo beach bar, waikiki bar is really cute, and paralio for your coffee in the afternoon. But maybe i m not bored yet because i speek greec and german too.
Nics & Lou
September 14, 2005 09:30PM
Went to Hanioti in July 2005, weather gorgeous and they guys not bad either.

Aris, as always, lovely.

Leigh, George and Leigh's beautiful wife at Hot Goblin Jacket Spuds were the perfect hosts and drinking buddies and loved their company.

Long Island - 2 things that made this bar great........

1. Billy and the impression he left on Nics.
2. The lovely, cute and wonderful Christos (DJ), thank you for looking after us night after night and hope to see you again soon!

After extensive research into other bars in Hanioti, it has to be said that Long Island offered the friendliest service, the best music and the reason to come back again!

Love to Billy and Christos, see you soon xx
*S*
Re: haniotis best bars
December 31, 2005 05:27PM
i think it depends on your age, to decide which bars are best.

Im only 17, and i think the sunshine bar was fantastic, good music and atmosphere. also blue bar is really nice, waikiki, kelfos and the bar on the beach!

i think staff make a big difference aswell, nicos at the internet bar is luvly, and zak from waikiki!
kathryn
May 10, 2006 05:47PM
i'm off to hanitoti for the third time this year with family. A friend is coming with me who hasn't been before and we can't wait. A couple we met there 2 years ago are meeting us there.

I found that the best restaurant by far was the amethystos. Domitri the owner and his father were so friendly and remember us each time they always buy drinks for people and the menu has everything you can think of. The erodios was also really nice. For snacks and breakfast the hot goblin was good and very friendly.
kalithea is for clubbing but the best bars in hanioti are defo the waikiki bar and the sunshine bars. Good music, cocktails and friendly staff. The tropical hotel is great if you want karaoke and quiz's.

Would be nice to hear from anyone going this year. If it's first time ask me anything. x x x

Emma
May 18, 2006 08:37AM

Hi Kathryn,

3 times in one year!!!

Me and my partner are going to Greece for the first time in June (19th) for two weeks.
We're staying at the Angelo Hotel.

Most of my holidays have been to various parts of Spain.. however I havent been on a proper holiday in narly 5 years as we play a sport which involves us travelling away for tournaments/championships every year. So this year we are really looking forward to a non sporting holiday where we can relax, let our hair down and drink as much as we like...lol.

We love cocktail bars so we'll most definitely be giving the Sunshine Bar and the Waikiki Bar a look at smiling smiley Hopefully the Football will be on over there too.

What is the weather like around mid June to beginning of July ?
Steve
May 18, 2006 02:54PM
Our friends own the CentralCafe which is also a relaxed bar - they have recently developed seating areas with couches that form a nice comfy intimate place to sit and people watch as its right on the square. The family also have links to the famous Amemos Beach Bar / Club that is based at the Blue dream Camping on Sani beach - apparently it is the in place to be seen but needs a car to get there from Hanioti.
May 18, 2006 03:49PM

Try out Paralio its next to the big park on the seafront. Its owned by Deano, this is the only bar that stays open in the winter, so a local for the locals. A great chill out place. You will fall in love with Hanioti, we did.
brian
July 10, 2006 09:32PM
just got back from hanioti.weather was scorching.hot goblin is the best breakfast in town.ownedby lee and his charming wife the service is top class. dont miss it
C&V
July 13, 2006 01:40PM
I'm going to Hanioti on 21nd of July for the first time, and I'm interested to know, are all of the bars mentioned above playing trendy music, or are there maybe some bars with music like from the '80? Or some rock clubs or bars?
If there's anyone going at that time, and recpects r'n'r music, let me know :-))

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login