Sithonia Hotel at Porto Carras & transportation

Posted by Nasia Tofi 
Nasia Tofi
July 07, 2008 12:47PM
Hello!!!
Has anyone ever been to the Sithonia Hotel at Porto Carras? We are thinking on going there late in August. The Meliton was too expensive for us even though we heard the best about it...
Furthermore we arrive at Thessaloniki Airport at 19:30. Does anyone know how to get to the hotel at that time?
We heard that taking a taxi will cost too much ( 100 euros).

Thanksssssss
melanie taylor
Re: Sithonia Hotel at Porto Carras & transportation
July 16, 2008 07:35PM
Hi ya

Yes we have stayed at the Sithonia hotel and I can truely recommend it.
I can see that they have refurbished the hotel and that they have also made now another swimming pool. Food was lovely and the staff were very kind and very helpfull. They truely worked hard. You are on the beachfront, lovely sea , shallow ideal for the kiddies.
You can walk to the Meliton hotel, to be honest we went to this hotel everyday, and used their pool. (bigger area) It was more child friendly. (ie had waterslides) they also had a snack bar too.
We did not go all inclusive.
The complex is very clean and is visited by the "rich" greeks. Not many english to be honest when we went. It was nice to see how the other half lived. Guys most wear long trousers in the restaurants. If you go through the Meliton hotel (ground floor) follow the marina signs, you have a shopping area with some nice shops, and a supermarket. We used to walk there every lunch time to get some beers (alot cheaper than the hotels) we used to store them in my sons pram at the back so noone saw them, We used to buy one at the beach bar so we could have the glass, and then had the ones were bought from the supermarket ---
You can also get the little boat from the Meliton to go over to the other side, its lovely there too, True GREECE. Nice bars restaurants, lovely people.
The food and drinks were cheaper over there. Ask the times of the boats though. I think they run every 40 minutes.
When you arrive at the complex you have to drive through a security check, ie guards on the barriers, so you know that no-one can just walk in.... This is around 5 minutes from the hotels.

If you are looking for a relaxing holiday with lovely location, very clean hotel good food, I truely think that you can not fault the place.
To be honest,after looking at the place again, on net we are also looking into returning.
Check out tripadvisor, some great photos on there.
I dont think you regret it..... Have a nice time.
Mr and Mrs Taylor
Nasia Tofi
Re: Sithonia Hotel at Porto Carras & transportation
July 18, 2008 04:28PM
Thank you very much for all the information!!!
After reading your comments i feel better that i booked this hotel!!
Once again thank you!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login