Naias Apartments

Naias Apartments

Posted by Graham 
Graham
Naias Apartments
June 24, 2002 06:49AM
My partner and another couple are staying at the Naias Apartments with our families (all under five) in mid-July. Has anyone stayed at these apartments?

We are really looking for good bars and restaurants rather than clubs considering the children. Although we hope to take turns with the baysitting to allow us to venture out to some of the livelier bars. Can anyone help?

Also is the beach OK for children?

I have also noticed that after looking on various weather sites the tenperature, although, a couple of degrees hotter than other resorts it looks a little cloudier. Does this mean it is very humid?

Thanks Graham
Louise
Re: Naias Apartments
June 27, 2002 11:19PM
We didn't actually stay at these apartments, but we spotted them when we went out on a pedalo and we walked past them. They are located on a very quiet road out of the town, but within very easy walking distance of it, and right on the beach.
The town square has some lovely bars which all play music, serve fancy cocktails, etc. Not many clubs there.
The beach is very pretty, but it got quite windy and the waves got a bit strong even for us whilst we were there (got back on 24 June), so be cautious perhaps with young children. Having said that, many children went in the sea, so it probably is ok.
It did get a little cloudy on a few of the days we were there, but the last few days were clear and yet the heat and humidity were nearly unbearable there!! Apparently though this was freak weather.
Hope this helps!!
Jo
August 10, 2002 08:53PM
Hi Graham,

we're going to Naias in September. You'll have been by now, and we were wondering if you could tell us what you thought of the apts. as we can't get any info elsewhere.
Your info would be much appreciated.

Ta, Jo
Graham
August 12, 2002 07:14AM
Hi Jo,

We have been back three weeks now and already have booked to go back next year with ten of our friends and family. The first time I have ever been back to the same resort twice!!

The apartments are clean and a good quality. Also situated right on the quiet end of beach (so no hassle getting a sun lounger, five euro's for two, with a parasol)

There is also a large area of decking in the complex with free chairs and loungers. This has two pools running down the bar which faces the beach. The bar is looked after by three brothers, who have worked there for seven years and really made the holiday. They looked after everyone brilliantly and never shut the bar while anyone was there!

The square is about a three minute walk from the hotel and has plentry of restaurants for all tastes. There are no clubs as such, but cocktail bars playing music.

It may be an idea to make use of the air conditioning as the weather was extrememly hot while we were there and there were also some unwanted visitors in some of the local apartments due to patio doors being left open all night.

There is another review on this site [www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk] which is pretty spot on. Just click on the Halkidiki link and scroll down until you find the Naiais Apartments.

Just send more mail if you would like any info on where to eat, etc.

Graham
Jo
August 12, 2002 04:44PM
Thanks Graham,
your information is greatfully appreaciated. We are going there on 19th September with a 5 yr old and are really really looking forward to it. I had seen the report on holidays uncovered but was looking for more up to date information, which you have given.
Is there plenty of kiddy type food to be had in the restaurants there?? or do I need to pack 28 packets of Super Noodles!!! lolololololololololol.
Any live music bars? etc.
When you say unwanted visitors do you mean burglars or animail/insect types? s'cuse the ignorance.
Thanks again for answering so quickly

Jo
Graham
August 13, 2002 07:49AM
Hi Louise,
We had my four year old and my friends five year old and had no problems. All the restaurants we visited had either chicken nuggets, etc or half portions. We even found a supermarket selling Super Noodles!!
Also the "Aussie Bar" does the biggest jacket potatoes I've ever seen. The pizza restaurant in the square was also a hit with the kids. Other restaurants we liked were "The Garden", "Summertime" and the "Kassandra Gardens?"...I think (The last two are up side roads near the square).

We didn't see any live music whilst there, but there were a few livelier cocktail bars running alongside the park. The "Blue Bar" in the square is also popular.

Unfortunately the visitors were burglars. Don't worry too much though, the locals we spoke to said that it only happens when doors are left open. The maids reminded us to keep our doors locked by the key and not just pulled to.

Graham
Graham
August 13, 2002 07:51AM
Also my apologies for calling you Louise. I was looking at the mail from the lady that was kind enough to reply to me originally.
Jo
August 14, 2002 07:34PM
Hi Graham,
thanks for all your info. I'll post something about the apts on our return (5weeks to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Jo
Graham
August 16, 2002 09:28AM
Hi Jo,
Have a great time. Don't forget to let me know how you got on, where you went, etc.

Graham.
Jo
October 04, 2002 05:34PM
Hi,

just returned from Naias. Fantastic place to stay. 'Hi' to Alex if he ever reads this forum, hope the weathers getting better!!!

Jodi
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login