hotel diane, hotel rigakis, pefkohori

hotel diane, hotel rigakis, pefkohori

Posted by barbara thompson 
HERMAN NEWELL
Re: hotel rigakis, pefkohori
January 21, 2010 10:37PM
Is the Regakis hotel still open, I have been trying to book for the last 3 years and have had no contact. I have stayed at the Regikis about 6 years ago. I would like to return in June, what tour company can I book with.

Regards
Re: hotel rigakis, pefkohori
January 22, 2010 09:09AM
I have never stayed there but I am pretty sure it is still open - have you tried contacting them directly?

[www.rigakishotel.com]

You could book independently or ask them which tour operator they use...
Suzette
Hotels in Pefkohori
March 27, 2012 08:38PM
30 years ago I worked as a representative for one of the British tour operators in Pefkohori. I will be in Pefkohori next week and was wondering if the Hotel next to the Australia Supermarket still exist and what is the name of the Hotel? Does the Australia Supermarket still exist? I am in for a huge surprise!!!!
Re: hotel diane, hotel rigakis, pefkohori
March 28, 2012 08:04AM
Suzette, you will get a HUGE surprise, it is twice the size! I was a rep there 20 years ago (and now have a holiday home and go all the time) and it has changed so much over the years. Australia supermarket is still there, but I'm not sure what hotel you are referring to as there is no hotel next to it, just shops. The Diana is round the corner, maybe that is the one, and Kahlua is still there, not sure if it would have been there 30 years ago but it was the place to go in the early 90s!

The main (sad) change is the lack of English, it is still very Greek orientated, which is great, but you will find the predominant tourists are Serbians.

We were there at the weekend and the weather was amazing - enjoy!
Re: Hotels in Pefkohori
March 28, 2012 08:06AM
No great changes have taken place, in the centre of the town, all the shops hotels etc. are still standing, some may have changed names, but not the Aussie supermarket. some have had a face lift, but the main changes you will notice is the amount of "new build" housing..there used to be a gap between Polichrono and Hanioti, and between Hanioti and Pefkohori, now, if you didn`t know, you would think it is all one long town, all the way down the coast, and on top of all the hills, thanks to the fire in 06, millions of trees were destroyed and the wood has been replaced by concrete !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login