Ammos studios Polychrono

Ammos studios Polychrono

Posted by PDewhurst6 
Ammos studios Polychrono
May 03, 2010 10:09PM
We will be going to Ammos Studios for the 1st time in June.

We usually go to Fanis apartments, but due to several reasons have opted to go to Ammos.

Could anyone give upto date info on them.

We will be going when the World cup is on. Do they have sky TV, what are the apartments like. Is the hill as bad as people make out.
John K
Re: Ammos studios Polychrono
May 05, 2010 06:30PM
The hill is not a problem steep but short and from memory they have TV the appartments look to be of a good standard.
May 06, 2010 06:06PM
Dont worry pauline,i'll come on facebook b4 u go and let u know.
May 06, 2010 09:37PM
I think we will be there the same time. I think we overlap a week.

We arrive on 28th for 2 weeks.
May 13, 2010 10:27PM
We fly out on Monday 17th May for a 2 week stay at the Ammos, can't wait. Already had one holiday cancelled due to the volcanic ash crisis, fingers crossed it stays quiet 'til we fly out.
May 23, 2010 09:57PM
Does any one know how much the air conditioning is. Think we will need it.
May 24, 2010 06:39PM
Pauline do u know where the studios are located if not i'll let u know
May 24, 2010 09:11PM
Yes thanks. We went searching for it last year, when we knew Fanis was going independent.

Facebooked Saki the other day. They open on 1st June, and they say they are really busy. Doubt there will be many English staying?
May 26, 2010 05:23PM
That's a bit late to open is'nt it,i thought they normally opened in may and i agree,we dont think there will be many either.We'd like to go down when greece play argentina in the world cup on the tuesday nite.
R Smith
May 27, 2010 08:50PM
We cannot fault the Ammos studios/apartments. We are going back for the 2nd time this year and would recommend them to anyone. The owners, Christina & Vangelis are the nicest people you could ever meet, we would never stay in an ugly complex after having such a wonderful reception here. The hill is not even remotely hard. We;ve done it with a pram and with a child on our shoulders - if you struggle with that, you need to go to norfolk & stay where its completely flat! I really hope you go & have a great time - we did!!
Happy summer
P.S. They have sky but don't know about the football. DEFINITELY go here, its lovely!
May 27, 2010 09:25PM
Thanks for the info.

What about air conditioning.

We have been to Polychrono about 10 times now, but trying Ammos for the first time. Usually go to Fanis apartments on the front, but they have gone Independent. Which worked out to be too expensive. Really looking forward to going. Not heard a bad review.
May 31, 2010 10:17PM
Just got back today.

We had a wonderful time and can confirm that Christina and Vangelis are the nicest Greek owners we have ever met in all our 20+ years of travelling to the islands and mainland.

Aircon is 5 euros a day, you will need it as the temps got up to 32C while we were there .
Beer around the pool in tumblers was 2 Euros , sat at the tables was 2.5 Euros for larger drink. Happy hour cocktails 8pm-10pm - 3.50 Euros.
Icecream - one Euro in sugar twist cone
Cheese and ham toastie - 2.50 Euros.
Greek Salad - 4.50 Euros.

I will do a review with pics on tripadvisor as soon as I have got my act together , still unpacking !! . I took a picture of the ' hill' . there are two entrances so the hill is lesser to one of the entrances.
June 01, 2010 07:09PM
So all in all you had a good hol,what's the price's in the restaurants are they reasonable.
July 05, 2010 07:00PM
Just got back from the ammos and i will echo what people have said,christina and vangelis are the nicest couple you could ever wish to meet,weve had a brill time and will deffo be going back.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login