Baby Food in Hanioti...?

katiemay
Baby Food in Hanioti...?
April 06, 2010 05:46PM
Hi Guys,
staying at the Vicky in Hanioti on 10th May :-) (that's approx 4 weeks, 5 days and 6 hours :-) ) Really excited, my third time in Halkidiki but never been to Hanioti before. I understand there is a large supermarket on the main road near the Vicky, but wondered if anybody knew whether they stock baby food (preferably in jars) as my little one will be 8 months when we travel, and I don't fancy carting a weeks worth in my hold luggage, seeing as the airlines are soooo generous with their baggage allowance (not!) Any advice would be much appreciated as never travelled with a baby before!!
Thanks in advance :-)
Katie x
John K
Re: Baby Food in Hanioti...?
April 06, 2010 08:47PM
Hi Katie
You will have no problems they stock baby foods in both large Supermarkets.

John K
katiemay
April 07, 2010 07:29AM
That's great news! Thank you for getting back to me John! Very excited now, especially when I look out of my window this morning..... Urrgh... rain!! x
Caireh
April 23, 2010 12:27PM
Hi katie,

they do sell babyfood in supermarkets but they only sell 4 varieties, all made by Nestle. They are all for the ages of 6months and over, but have no chunky pieces in them- they are completely smooth. I live here with my baby and i always found jared baby foods were not a particularly healthy option for my baby so i home cooked everything. If i were you i would bring enough food for your baby with you (you can always take it home again afterwards) I would recommend the Ellas pouches which are available in most supermarkets in the UK because they are not glass jars and so dont weigh as much in your case. The other 'light weight' options are the powderd meals from Heinz.

I would also reccommend the following...

Mosquito net/ plug in.
plenty of sun cream
4/5 sun hats (my baby is constantly loosing hats when im not watching!)
swimming nappies
babybanz sunglasses (we have a pair they are really good!)

Hope this helps you a little, unfortunatly as everything is so family orientated here, there are very few provisions for babies. If you would like to know anything else please dont hesitate to contact me. Oh, and also, what brand of milk does your baby drink (if he still drinks it?) we dont have the same brands of milk here as in the UK, for example Cow and Gate is rebranded as Almiron. Dont worry about bringing deserts over, there are plenty of yoghurts and baby deserts available as well as breakfast cerials.

Claire xxx
katiemay
April 24, 2010 08:55PM
Hey Claire,
thank you so much for your lovely and very helpful message :-) luckily I've managed to get him used to finger food and veg, so going to bring some dried food too as a back up! Think I am also going to bring some aptamil ready cartons and some disposable bottles as well (easier than sterilising, just for a week)
Babybanz sound fab! can't say I've ever seen any, so will pop onto ebay now and see if I can find some! I'm so looking forward to coming out there! I got badly bitten when I came out last time so I am armed with every type of repellent! lol!
How's the weather doing out there? Different weather websites seem to have conflicting forecasts!
Thank you again, you have put my mind at ease :-)
Katie :-) x
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login