The 3rd Beach!

The 3rd Beach!

Posted by suzianath 
The 3rd Beach!
May 12, 2009 08:46AM
Hi again!

Can anyone help with the location of the 3rd beach near Afitos please? We have the one near the bar (where you walk down a steep hill and there is a restaurant, bar and decking) and the other one which has the little palm leaved covered shelter where the locals play cards etc (also has a beach bar) but have so far not found the mysterious 3rd beach we have heard about.

Also, whilst on the subject of the first bar, we used to absolutely love it there - after a steep walk, a large iced glass of beer was relished and looked forward to - what a disappointment we had last year to find new owners, and no iced large glasses of beer for 3 euros each but a small bottle of beer for 4 euros!

Can we please ask to bring back the large glasses and draft beer - PLEASE - it is just not the same there without our large beers or 2 or 3!

We will be there 25th May for lunch probably - so Phil, or anyone, if you know the owners - please pass this on - we do not like bottles of beer - draft Greek beer in large cold glasses and your beautiful beach is what we need!!!!

Look forward to seeing you soon, Love Suz and family xxx
Re: The 3rd Beach!
May 12, 2009 09:45AM
Hi

Are you starting to get excited? how many more sleeps.

I think the beach you are talking about is if you walk past the aegean blue (say hello to George and Sofia) towards kalathea about 800 metres there is another road to the beach they started to build houses here but i think it was stopped they even built a road and this was churned up last year, there is a few good bars and a beach with sun beds etc. we don't go until the 27th so sorry can't join you but i will toast a few stellas at home and think of you. Still just extended my flight for a few days so will stay out longer.

Phil
Tanya
May 16, 2009 12:52PM
HI,
I'm really exated going to Halkidiki 'cause everyone talkes really good about it!
can anyone please tell me what is worth visiting in Halkidiki or nearby?Are there any good islands to visit?Is Mount Athos worth visiting?

please someone let me know!!

Tanya
May 18, 2009 06:37PM
Thanks Phil!

I will have to print out your reply or I'll forget - we have walked that way before so may be successful this time! we will see you on the 28th at Sakis's restaurant tho - but we leave on June 3rd, am. A week today we'll be there! Beach bar here we come - just hope its back to large beers in ice cold glasses and not rip off prices for poxy bottles! Shame as that bar (not sure of name) was our favourite place too! (Down from Stamos and down and down and down - then you get there! - The climb back kills!

See you soon!

Luv Suzanne and All xxx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login