blue waters, white sands and great beach for 2 year old (any ideas please)

Posted by Maria Toon 
Maria Toon
January 18, 2009 08:36PM
Hello,

Myself and my husband have never been to greece and are thinking about visitingthere either june, july time with our 2 year old and my husbands son who is 19 & his girlfriend. We have been looking at Halkidiki and wondered if anyone knew of a resort with a nice beach. White ish sands and blue waters. Don't like really crowded beaches (such as umbrellered beaches). Would like a sandy beach for my daughter to be able to sit and play and run around on and a biggish beach if possible. Does anyone have any ideas please? My husband also likes scenary. Don't mind suggestions other than Halkidiki. Also heard that Zante has nice beaches, but it's knowing which resort.
Thank you
Re: blue waters, white sands and great beach for 2 year old (any ideas please)
January 18, 2009 09:55PM
Hi, I would say try Vourvourou. Lovely beaches, shallow clear water and a nice little village. A bit out of the way, but you can always have a trip out to Marmaras one day to do touristy things (with a Greek twist, it is not a terribly touristy town).

If you want the main tourist area with lots to do, then Kassandra peninsula, and I would probably try for a hotel like Agean Melathron or Kassandra Palace which have nice beaches, but they are umbrellered !

Sithonia, the middle peninsula, is more sandy and isolated and has more camp sites.

From our experience, islands are not always that great on the beaches, only having one or two really sandy ones and the rest are shingle or rock. Having said that Chios is lovely, a working island and it does have a few sandy beaches about and not touristy at all.

Skopelos is nice and beautiful scenery, but from memory only one really sandy beach.

I think Corfu has lots of nice beaches, but we have not been there for 20 years and I think it is now a bit touristy?

Jane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login