Hi Scouse, how did the wedding go?

Posted by lynette 
August 29, 2008 01:11PM
Hiya Scouse

Am I correct in assuming from your username that you are a Liverpool lass? We are booking for our wedding in Hanioti with Thomas Cook for next May.

If you get a sec can you let me know how it went. Looking for some ideas for cakes, reception venues, hair, photographer etc etc

Kind Regards and Congratulations!

Lynette x
Re: Hi Scouse, how did the wedding go?
August 30, 2008 02:03PM
Hi Lynette
The wedding was brilliant couldnt have gone any better!
We booked our wedding through first choice and had a wedding co-ordinator called Pearl. She was great and sorted everything for us. We decided to go with the photographer they used (think his name was George) and he was briliant we had the pics back 5 days later. Again Pearl put me in contact with a great hairdresser who came and did a practice at our hotel and then did mine and my bridesmaids hair on the day in the hotel room. I got a very good deal on that aswell as I think it was quiet at that time for weddings. We got our cake included in our package but upgraded it to the next one up as we had 37 guests, the cake was gorgeous and completely different from what you get here.
We sorted our reception out ourselves at The Old Tavern which was lovely. Its in a quieter area so it was ideal. Dimitri the owner and his wife Amanda couldnt have done any more for us. The food was great and everyone loved it. I think Dimitri is selling up tho so wont be there next year.
It was really great and I wouldnt stress over it at all.

Jaki
x
alexree
August 31, 2008 06:37PM
hi scouse, your day sounds fab, we fly out the 18th September and cannot wait, i was just wondering what hotel you stayed at, and what area we are looking for somewhere to have our reception at present!! great about the hairdresser hopefully get the same service as i have very long, very thick hair!!

Congrats to you and your new husband

Alex x
September 02, 2008 11:51AM
Hi
We stayed in the Naias in Hanioti. Our reception was in the Old Tavern and it was great, you could try there. If you have a wedding coordinator when you get there they'll have suggestions for you anyway of where to have it. Loads of restaurants tho when they found out we were getting married tried to get us to have our reception with them while we were there so I wouldnt panic.

x
alexree
September 02, 2008 03:03PM
Thank you for getting back to me thats great to know!!

Alex x
September 03, 2008 03:44PM
Thx for letting me know Scouse.

I have booked the package with Thomas Cook and am hoping to have my wedding day on 25th May. Was it yourself who contacted the registrar direct by email, that I saw on a previous message? What time was your ceremony?

Thanks

Lynette xxx
September 05, 2008 12:43AM
Hi
Yes we contacted the registrar ourselves, we didnt have to but we wanted the latest slot which is 2.30pm. Her email address is dimotologia@0830.syzefxis.gov.gr I think her name is Rita.

Jaki
x
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login