Scuba diving and rubbish

Scuba diving and rubbish

Posted by pedro 
Scuba diving and rubbish
May 13, 2008 09:55AM
Today we had two great dives with Odyssey Dive Club at porto Valitsa. It was spoilt by the amount of filth that we had to walk over on the beach.Most of the rubbish was off course plastic bags and water bottles.We took away over 1000 Ltrs of rubbish.This cannot be blamed on the tourist as there are not that many here yet.As well as on the beach in the bushes there were empty beer bottles and cans and many of the plastic instant frappe cups.
We are not the only ones to use that dive spot but it seems that divers and non divers alike are prepared to just walk over the rubbish as if it wasn't there.
If everyone took one bag of rubbish away the beaches would be clean and wildlife above and below that water will not die.
It will never happen of course
We will carry on cleaning the beaches and surrounding area when we dive
Re: Scuba diving and rubbish
May 13, 2008 03:16PM
Well said. I just wish people would take some responsibility. OK it is not our fault if we do not drop the litter, but if only we could take one plastic bag of rubbish away with us, everyone would benefit. There will always be the lazy ones who dump the rubbish, lets show them we are better!

I heard from my landlord that a lot of the plastic bags and bottles are dumped overboard by fishermen, not sure how true that is, but could well be as I clean our small beach every single day of a few plastic bottles and bags.
me
whats the weather like in october
February 13, 2016 08:15AM
whats the weather like in october staying at elinotel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login