jane

jane

Posted by jeff 
jane
March 03, 2008 08:25PM
Hi jane and hubby

hows things
please let me know when you decide to go back to greece ok

wedding plans are coming together nicely.
wont be long now till 2nd aug when we get wed.

Boyds growing up so fast we cant believe hes only 2 and knows more than us LOL or so he thinks

hope to hear from you soon

JEFF

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2008 11:21PM by jeff.
Re: jane
March 05, 2008 03:22PM
Hi Jeff. We set off on Sunday 9 March, getting into Halk on Fri 14th. We are there til October this year. Are you coming over after your wedding, or will it be next year.

At the mo it looks like the weather has been lovely after the snow, around 22-24 deg C. Lets hope it continues til and after we get there !

Keep in touch, we look forward to hearing from you.

Jane Hubby and Mia the dog (who is looking forward to her daily swims in that nice clear clean sea !)
March 07, 2008 01:51PM
Hi Jane

Sunday you lucky things lol

ummmm afraid unless we get enough money we wont be able to go this year.we get married 2nd Aug this year.
but we will try our hardest to travel over.

2009 we are going on a caravan holiday with all the kids and we have to hire a caravan and a mini-bus so greece ia a pass .

but for sure we will be over 2010 as its my 60th birthday treat.

im on Kays computer as my hard drive has gone on mine and ive lost everything photos from greece and addresses and email addresses too.
im having it sorted next fortnight so should be back on line soon.

have a great time take care will write soon

Jeff Kay and Boyd
Danielle Smith
March 07, 2008 05:17PM
Hi Jane

It's been some time since I posted a message on this site, i believe the last person i spoke to was you. It's great to hear you're going to Halkidiki for the summer...and spring and autumn how envious am I !!! Reading a previous entry I know you have concerns over the rate of exchange, you certainly get less souvlaki for your euro at present, who knows it might be cheaper without the onions...lol. Which route are you taking, and will you be stopping off at other European destinations,- if you ever watched Hostel the train journey through Slovakia etc was breathtaking. Well i suppose I'll sign off now, until later then

Your friend Danielle
March 08, 2008 08:18AM
Hi Danielle

I think the exchange rate in the UK is bound to be worse than over Europe, I mean everything normally costs more here in good old Rip Off Britain ! Anyway I am going to draw the money on the way over and when I get to Greece. I am sure our landlord will wait a week or two for the full amount, we are only in our second year of three!!

We go UK to Calais via the tunnel, then first stop is Arras. Second stop Strasbourg. Third stop Parma and then Ancona, although we will stop overnight in Senigallia as the trip from Parma to Ancona is a bit long to get there by 1130am. Then on Superfast ferries as we can have our dog in our cabin, get off at Igoumenitsa and a six hour drive up to Halkidiki ! We quite enjoy the trip, although the weather forecast this time is not very good. We used to go from Venice, but Minoan Lines only have dog kennels on the top deck, and I am afraid our dog might get loose and be in the sea. She will jump into anything with water ! So, a bit longer journey to Ancona is well worth it for us to make sure she is safe with us.

Are you going over this year? We have this year and next left on our rental contract. Then we might revert to visits as we want to see more of the world again before we are too old ! Also I want to see some more Greek islands and it is difficult while we have our dog to do that as I will not trust anybody to look after her (other than perhaps another English person with their own dog). That is no offence to our Greek friends, but with the incidence of poisoning still going on I would need to know she was being watched carefully. Labradors will eat anything after all !

Bye for now. If you come over email us and we can meet for a coffee

Jane
March 08, 2008 03:43PM
Hi, Jane! I red you and perhaps you will be lucky. There is open, I suppose, another piece of highway that bypass Joannina.Kalò taxìdi! Beppe
March 08, 2008 06:07PM
THanks Beppe. Hope we see you sometime this year. You can always email me as you have my email address.

Bye for now, we set of 0830 tomorrow !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login