Toroni

Toroni

Posted by Bonanca 
Toroni
February 23, 2008 01:52AM
Hi, this is my first post on this forum. I found some comments on this village already in this forums, but i think, Toroni deserves a whole new thread. It's not only that i think so, but more than that, Toroni will gain much more popularity in next few years, so it will be an very eduactional thread.
Well, what made me think so? First of all, Toroni has an very nice beach, 2,5km long, with the additional beaches, Destenika and Tristinika, about 4km long. It can be described as a gravel sand beach, but with an very fine "stone", making those stones not more than 2 milimeters in diameter. So, the water stays crystal clear even un the afternoon.
The beach itself is so empty, that yo could organize a dozen of football teams playing on that ground, and still, you could have a lot of room left.
Toroni has a particular microclimate, very dry air, but somewhat refreshing (especially in the evening). I was there in the beginning of the july 2007 heatwave, with everyday temps around 40C, and, believe me, i didn't felt it hard at all. Airconditioners seemed rather unnecessery.
However, the beach lacks in facilities, being a municipal/organized beach. That means that you wont find a lot of garbage cans, showers and public (OTE) telephones. Everything else od more than exeptional.
Like about 70% of turists are Greeks. The rest are mostly Cheks and Slovaks and just a little bit of Hungarians, Gemans, Serbs, Dutch and Russians.
How to get to Toroni?
Excluding the sea accesss, if you go by the car (KTEL Thessaloniki bus will take you right there), take the ring road around Saloniki, then go further to Halkidiki/Moudania highway (about 65kms run). From Moudania turn left to Sithonia and from Nikiti just go southwards. The first town you'll reach is Neos Marmaras, but go futher, aroud the Marmaras ans Porto Carras, and 22kms more, there it is, Toroni. The road itself is in good condition even a little bit upside-down, but the scenery is that what makes you say 'WOW".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/02/2008 11:14PM by Bonanca.
Re: Toroni
February 25, 2008 11:55PM
Toroni has a great sunsets. Some of them.

[www.halkidiki.com]

[www.halkidiki.com]

[www.halkidiki.com]
diana
June 30, 2008 12:56PM
Hello,

Our name is Diana en Mark. In 2004 we visited Toroni. It was really great! This year we want to visit it again, but we can't remember the name of the studio we stayed. The owner's name is Saki, his wives name is Helena and they have twins (girls, don't know their names).

Does anybody know them? And can you give us a name and/or telephonnumber of them?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Diana
Toronismiling smiley
June 21, 2009 01:28PM
Hey ! I have been to Toroni almost every year. And i am planing to go this year. How is the weather there? Is the beach still that good?smileys with beer
June 22, 2009 06:15PM
hi guys i have lived in thessaloniki for the last 17 years, and i really do feel good that something has finally been written on this great little village, Toroni really is a wonderful place to visit, i go there at least 10 times per season and love it.
doukissa-elpida
Re:answer from toroni Sakis,Helen and Elpida,Doukissa(the twins)
April 23, 2010 05:41AM
Dear Diana and Mark,

We saw your message by luck today.You came to our rooms in 2004 as we remember.My husband is Sakis and my girls are twins and are Doukissa and Elpida.We have and website with our new name(Toroni Paradise) www.toroniparadise.gr our email is toroniparadise@toroniparadise.gr .We will be glad to hear your news!!

Best regards,
Toroni Paradise
Helen Drystari
April 23, 2010 05:45AM
Dear Diana,
Our telephone numder is +302375051221

Best regards,
toroni paradise
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login