car hire

car hire

Posted by Simon Booth 
Simon Booth
car hire
February 15, 2008 01:47PM
hoping to stay in halkidiki from mid may for a few weeks. like the sound of sithonia. looking to hire a car locally once i get there. anybody got any recommendations? how much, any advice etc.

Simon
Re: car hire
February 15, 2008 02:29PM
Europa rent car. neos Marmaras or Makedonia airport. Little car for, depends how many days, 25-30 euros/ day. Beppe
February 15, 2008 02:58PM
thanks beppe for your advice on this and my other question last week. i think me and the girlfriend will get a taxi from saloniki to our first apartment. from there we'll rent a car and stay in different locations around sithonia and kassandra. i wonder if its better (and cheaper) for me to hire a car from a local company in halkidiki than one of the 'big boys'?

you seem like you know quite a bit about halkidiki - are there any places/apartments that we should go to. we're late 30s, just the 2 of us, looking to relax right near a quiet beach, with some taverna's/bars/shops within walking distance?

thanks, simon
February 15, 2008 03:28PM
Dear Simon, you go in May. Perfect, You don't have necessity of reservation.For the renting a car I suppose there are little differences between big and others. Why taxi from airport? You reserve by web the car - Europa car less expensive- you arrive in airport and take the car.Read with attention the topic " Sithonia, more information, please" and there are a lot of other beautiful places. Don't forget for exemple Toroni. You have necessity of a detailed map of Halkidiki. Again try to find the little harbour of Sikià. Fantastic tavernas and beaches. Don't miss the road I said in that topic, the road after the entrance in porto Carras. really Paradise! and you finf to rent room on the water. For example Areti camping has wood bungalows of wood on the water , you must ask for bungalow number 3 or 5 and look at them before..And if you want to have a point of arrive the first night , in porto koufo , I can tell you everyting and I can give you the telephone number of a place where rent little loft with near fantastic food. But in may you can go wherever. Ciao! Beppe
February 15, 2008 03:47PM
Post scriptum In which hour you'll arrive in makedonia airport?
February 15, 2008 05:35PM
not yet booked the flights but they tend to land around 12 noon. we may even go to rome for a few days first. Do you know the best way to travel from rome to halkidiki? plane, boat, train etc
February 15, 2008 06:18PM
From rome there is one fly with alitalia, direct to thessaloniki. If I remember well it arrives in thessaloniki at 14 pm. Very useful to go after in sithonia. But for all the transfers -from england etc- you must book in advance to pay less.Of course if you decide to go tell me which solution you prefer in sithonia and I'll explain you everything.Again when you will be in greece and you have some problems I'll give you my tel numbers of house and mobil ,so you will be able to phone me. In Sithonia and In Thessaloniki I have a lot of friends and I know a lot of people.
Ps Rome is fantastic!!!! Beppe
Kiki
February 17, 2008 07:30PM
Hi, everyone!

Is it o.k. to rent a scooter to visit beaches from Nikiti to Neos Marmaras and Vourvourou?
Rental prices in July?

Tnx. smiling smiley
February 17, 2008 08:00PM
about 15-20 euro for day. It depends from how many days. Beppe
February 20, 2008 12:11PM
Hi Simon..

you could try ringing Emma(she`s english) on 0306948720417 she and her husband(He`s Greek) run a car hire company in Pefkohori might be a useful number for you...mention my name...!
Ioannna
Scooter hire
August 29, 2008 07:57AM
Kiki Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, everyone!
>
> I'm going to Afitos for 10 days with some friends and we would like to rent scooters.Can you please tell me if there is a place in Afitos that rents scooters ar somewhere near by:Kalithea, Moudania...

Tnx smiling smiley)
September 01, 2008 02:13PM
there is a scooter and quad bike hire place in afitos, i have not used it so i am unsure how good the bikes are, there are plentty of places in kalathea that hire scooters and quad bikes if you decide on car hire use kriopigi cars.

regards
Phil
paulile
Re: scooter hire
October 30, 2008 09:48AM
beppe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From rome there is one fly with alitalia, direct
> to thessaloniki. If I remember well it arrives in
> thessaloniki at 14 pm. Very useful to go after in
> sithonia. But for all the transfers -from england
> etc- you must book in advance to pay less.Of
> course if you decide to go tell me which solution
> you prefer in sithonia and I'll explain you
> everything.Again when you will be in greece and
> you have some problems I'll give you my tel
> numbers of house and mobil ,so you will be able to
> phone me. In Sithonia and In Thessaloniki I have a
> lot of friends and I know a lot of people.
> Ps Rome is fantastic!!!! Beppe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login