Metamorfosi or Vourvourou?

Posted by Ceca 
Ceca
January 27, 2008 06:39PM
Hello to all of you!

We started planning our summer holiday in Halkidiki, Sithonia and we decided to choose between these small resorts. We like the fact both Metamorfosi and Voutvourou are surrounded by lush green and they have a nice beach. We got the impression that M. has a better bus communication with the rest of the peninsula than V. and, therefore, has more options considering supermarkets, bars and restaurants. On the other hand, Karidi beach of Vourvourou might be a good reason to compensate for isolation. smiling smiley

We are a married couple, 32 years of age, without children and renting car is not an option.
Can you help us decide, please?

Thank you.
Re: Metamorfosi or Vourvourou?
January 28, 2008 04:31PM
Dear Ceca,

If renting a car in not an option, I would suggest that you choose Metamorfosi. There are more things to see and visit in Vourvourou, but a car or a bike is required,
Hope this helps

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
February 03, 2008 04:40PM
It depends from the period of the holidays.Southern Sithonia is not crowded as the northern part or as Kassandra. I mean south of Neos Marmaras. Remember that in Greece you find to eat and to sleep wherever. So, if in middle or low season, don't make any reservation. Arrive in Salonika, rent a car to make the trip of Sithonia and stop yourself where you like ,and give the car to the company. For example Sarti is a good choise.Porto Koufo, not for the beaches but for eating is fantastic. I there prefer a taverna and also they rent little apartament very chip and perfect, Don't forget that if you make a reservation from England a lot of people get money by you. The pound is strong and the price that you pay it seems good but in Greece you pay less. For example a loft , new, with AC in the above taverna it costs about 30-40 euros/day.And in Sarti and wherever there are a lot of these solutions.More expensive is Neos Marmaras.Hoping to be useful, if you want others informations, tell me. Ciao! Beppe
February 05, 2008 11:46AM
Hi Everyone

We're coming to Vourvourou for the first time in July having never been to Halkidiki before. We booked really cheap BA flights with every intention of going back to Thassos but then we found Sithonia whilst browsing the internet and as it looked so gorgeous we decided we would just have to try it.

I found lots of accommodation through Halkidiki.com (great site thank you) and am in the process of booking a 2 bedroom apartment in Vouvourou - as we're coming in July I thought it was safer to get something booked especially when we're so choosy about the type of accommodation we want to stay in!

For the last 3 years we've spent our holidays in Gialova nr Pylos in the Peloponnese with the gorgeous Voidokilia beach on our doorstep, Sithonia looks as though it's a similar sort of place but as we've never been we would really appreciate any information on the area especially the best beaches to head for and any archaeological sites worth visiting. Also ATMs - we've been told there is one in Nikiti and Aghios Nikolaos are there any others nearby? We also want to avoid any busy built up resorts so info on those areas would be good too.
Any help or information will be much appreciated

Thanks
Diane

PS Have just started a new thread - More info on Sithonia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2008 02:00PM by duffi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login