yellow labrador Polichrono

Posted by Jane 
October 15, 2007 03:40PM
Has anyone lost their yellow labrador. We saw one in Polichrono today, on the beach with two other dogs. This dog stood out as he/she was obviously well fed and looked after, almost as if he has wandered off. Hopefully so, a very nice dog.

Jane
Re: yellow labrador Polichrono
October 16, 2007 08:37AM
Hallo Jane and Martin!
I am tired to see the terrible situation of the dogs.Perhaps for the reason that I am old ,no more I can accept this and I am seriously thinking to finish with Greece, country that I loved in maniacal way not, you know ,for touristic reasons. I understand that I am not equilibrate ( is this english ?)but this fact is more strong than I. You cannot imagine what I have seen during all the trip from porto carras to igoumentitsa of two days ago, until the dramatic situation of the dogs in the harbour of igoumenitsa. So I am tired, very tired. Ciao Beppe
Re: yellow labrador Polichrono
October 16, 2007 12:19PM
I know Beppe, we feel the same way. What with the stray dogs and the litter everywhere, we are not sure Greece is going to be our destination for many more years.

We love Greece like you do, but the constant neglect of dogs, stray dogs getting poisoned and the fact that almost every day we see one dog knocked over by a car and left in the middle of the road dead, it is all very very tiring and upsetting.

For a Christian country, 98% Greek Orthodox I fail to understand the lack of compassion for anything other than humans. They love their children, and that is good. I am not religious at all, but surely God made everything, so everything deserves some compassion and help.

It does make me despair that such lovely people as the Greeks are in general totally disinterested in animals and their welfare.

Lets hope you come next year, as we will having rented for three years. At least we could meet up and feed some of the poor strays and try to enjoy the Greek hospitality shown at least to us as humans.

Bye for now

Jane

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login