Tropical Hotel, Hanioti

Tropical Hotel, Hanioti

Posted by figaro 
Tropical Hotel, Hanioti
September 19, 2007 01:12PM
Just wanted to highly recommend these studios for anyone planning a holiday in Hanioti. Vicky and Sakis, the owners, are fantastic and nothing is too much for them! They are a lovely couple who work very hard and deserve to be a huge success.

My friends and I will be returning here next year.

The Tropicana restaurant on the square is also highly recommended, its run by the same family and we ate there every night, not because they asked us to but because the food was fantastic, fresh and tasty.

Would like to say hello to all whom we met from Monday 10 - Monday 17 September at the Tropical - am sure that you will be returning as well!

People are so friendly in Hanioti, you will have a fantastic time if you go. Look forward to hearing other people's thoughts.
Re: Tropical Hotel, Hanioti
March 24, 2008 04:49PM
Are these apartments behind the Dionysos hotel?
March 24, 2008 05:01PM
Sorry, ignore that last post. I know exactly where they are.
Amylou
June 09, 2008 01:30PM
Hi, We've booked to stay at the Tropical from 10th July and cannot wait! 3rd time to Hanioti and counting down the days!!

Could somebody tell me exactly where the Tropical is? We're used to staying at the Calypso - is the Tropical near here or more near the Angelo?

Thanks for your help!

Amy
June 10, 2008 07:09PM
Amy,

Am unsure where the Calypso is, but know roughly where the Angelo is.

The Tropical is situated around 5 mins from the Angelo, you go up towards the main road from the Horseshoe Bar and then turn up towards the right. The Tropical is situated just off the main road at the top of the village.

You will have a great time at the Tropical, Vicky and Sakis will look after you well and Anastasio will certainly entertain you a million times over.

Its literally a couple of mins walk from the square and the pool is great, the pool bar is really good value. Vicky and Sakis organise some great nights in the bar, including karaoke/disco nights and quizzes - they are great fun. They also organise a greek night which is well worth staying around for - although I missed it last year my friends did not and they said it was a brilliant night.

I hope you have a wonderful time, say hello to everyone for me!

Lisa
Amylou
June 11, 2008 12:07PM
Hi Lisa,

Thank's for your reply! I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time - I love everything about Hanioti!!
richard irving
June 13, 2008 08:20AM
does any one have an e-mail address for the tropical studios
cheers
Amylou
June 13, 2008 11:49AM
Hi Richard,

E-mail: info@hoteltropical.gr

E-address: www.hoteltropical.gr

Hope this helps!
Tuppence
June 24, 2008 10:57PM
Just back from a brilliant week in Hanioti staying at the Tropical. We loved Hanioti, found some great bars and restaurants, loved the Ammudes bar opposite the Pella Hotel, great prices and lovely surroundings. Another favourite was Nicks Bar. We didn't go in at first thinking it was an English bar, but Nick is Greek, married to a lovely Russian lady. Favourite food was Ladokolas, near the park in front of the beach, really cheap and you get loads! Ouzo, wine and beer 50c with the meal!!! Had a lovely Italian at Gusto's, although this was the only place the staff were unfriendly. Had a few gyros from Kosmos on one of the roads off the square, on the way to the beach. Large Amstel was 1euro so plenty of cheap places if you look for them! We loved the Tropical Hotel. We were lucky and not on the road side, we might not have been so pleased if this was the case! The owners and staff did a great job of making sure everyone enjoyed their holiday, they work really hard.There was entertainment a few nights, the bar is open until 3am every night and the noise can be heard from some rooms, but not all. The best bet is, if you can't beat them, join them!!! The pool was great, plenty of sunloungers and shade if you want it. We only ate there once, had lunch which was really expensive and not too good, so we didn't bother again. Drinks were more expensive also, but this is to be expected as with any hotel. We will definately go back to Hanioti, and to the Tropical if possible.
June 25, 2008 12:39PM
regarding Nick's bar was Taffy working there this summer...he is a real scream
Tuppence
June 25, 2008 04:50PM
Yeah, Taffy was there!
waky lot
July 04, 2008 05:16PM
just got back from a great week away, we didnt stay at this hotel but wish we did, our friends did an we were there most days vikki an sakis and anastasio were just amazing to us!!!! instantly friendly, we would recommend to everyone to go here, we will without a doubt be back to watch the sunset at 6am whilst swimming in the sea!! the place was gorgeous, thanks guys dont think it would have been quite as good had it not been for you's.... ok pleeeassse!!!! haha.. luv the waky lot!
tuppence
July 05, 2008 05:45PM
Which hotel did you stay in?
Gareth Craze
July 27, 2008 07:47AM
Message for Sakis and Vicki at the Tropical Hotel. We stayed at yours last year for a fortnight and had a great time. Do you have any rooms available from 6th August for at least 10 days? It will be Sue myself and just one of the girls this year. So double room would be better or two studios.

Cheers

Gareth
July 27, 2008 05:04PM
Gareth,

Suggest you contact Vicky and Sakis direct at the hotel, not sure they will read this website.

their email is info@hoteltropical.gr.
cazz and barrie
August 06, 2008 02:20PM
Just got back from Hanioti. Had a lovely time. We were at the Angelo but speant most time at The Tropical; much better hotel.

Nicks bar is the best andTaffy was still in his seat bless!!

Its a shame that it is rumoured that Thomson and Thomas Cook are pullingout next year so fewer Brits - Nicks will suffer.

Great place tho and if you do go to Hanioti, Tropical is the place to stay.

BCFC x
August 06, 2008 07:54PM
Cazz and Barrie

Don't think that Thomas Cook are pulling out next year, I have already booked with them!

So get yourselves booked up again! lol
lisa1212uk
September 19, 2008 10:14PM
My friend and I have just returned from a week at the Tropical and what a fantastic time we had. Vicki & Sakis were absolutely brilliant and made everyone very welcome. Anastasio is totally wacko, but in a nice way. He made everyone laugh and was very entertaining. The Tropicana Restaurant in the main square is highly recommended, fantastic food, we had no complaints at all, only praise. We are hoping to go back next August/September for two weeks, but will have to arrange direct with the hotel because First Choice will definitely not be there next year and almost certainly, Thomas Cook too. This is what we were told only this last week by the owners themselves (and it isn't the companies that are pulling out either). If Thomas Cook are still doing this hotel, we will most certainly be booking again, but we have already tried to check on Thomas Cook's website for prices for this hotel for next year and it's not showing any details, so it is looking doubtful. Anyway, if you get the chance to visit Halkidiki and Hanioti, then the place to stay is the Tropical, by whichever travel company youcan find.
September 20, 2008 08:03AM
Lisa1212uk
i have already booked with Thomas Cook for next year, it might be best if you go into one of the shops or give them a call as they don't always have availability on the website.

I hope they are not pulling out next year or I will not be happy with them!

What did Vicky and Sakis say about pulling out?
lisa1212uk
September 22, 2008 05:52PM
They said that they were definitely not having First Choice there and possibly not Thomas Cook, something to do with both companies not filling the rooms as they said they would, but if you have already booked with Thomas Cook, I will most definitely pop into the shop and check it out. Would be a pity if they did get rid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login