fires

fires

Posted by kingswan 
fires
August 26, 2007 07:56AM
hi going to visit my friends in pefkohori on thursday 30th i rang him yesterday.asking about thr fires..he says everything ok there but in sunday papers says theres fires in the south anyone got any info..my friends wife lisa works in aeollas they are running a karaoke there so god help them when we arrive hahah
Re: fires
August 26, 2007 04:37PM
Really , are there any fires near Hanioti?
August 26, 2007 09:16PM
they dont say where on the news just greece and they have put up a huge rewared for any info on the fire starters

August 27, 2007 02:44AM

We are all very sorry for the fires in Greece and all our thoughts are with all those people suffering that bad situation but thank God, the nearest fire point to Halkidiki is in South Greece something like 800 km far away from here or more !! Which I believe is far
So no worries !!!
sakis
www.kriopigi.net

August 27, 2007 11:30AM
hi, booked to go to polychrono this thursday 30th and just wondering if its safe to go? read the news on the bbc website just now and very concerned. Does anyone have any up-to date info on this?

cheers all
August 27, 2007 01:52PM
All of Halkidiki is safe the fires are contained in ATHENS and surrounding areas

so far there have been small fires which are due to Vandalism and Greek govn has put up a large reward for any info regarding this situation.

seems someone is trying to put the spanner in tourism
or they are just very sick people.

have a great holiday

Jeff

August 27, 2007 02:39PM
George Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi, booked to go to polychrono this thursday 30th
> and just wondering if its safe to go? read the
> news on the bbc website just now and very
> concerned. Does anyone have any up-to date info on
> this?
>
> cheers all

We go to polychrono on Thursday !!!!!!

August 27, 2007 03:16PM
I've just add a map from the fires at the Users' Photo Album.
We hope to finish SOON !!
Sakis
www.kriopigi.net
August 27, 2007 06:43PM
Good that you put up the map cause tourists giving up on their trips is definitely NOT what Greece needs along with the fires!
I seriously cant understand what kind of sick mind could do something like that!
I hope the fires will be put out soon and that they will find those who set them up!
August 29, 2007 09:44AM
I have seen on the news that there is an area of fires to the SE of Athens, and also on the island of Evia, which is a lot closer to Halkidiki than the Peloponnese, where the main areas of fire are.

The news from there is terrible. 63 or more people dead and so many villages destroyed. So sad, a tragedy for such a beautiful region. To think that someone may have done it deliberately is almost beyond belief. I hope, if this is so, that they are caught and punished severely, but it won't bring those poor people and their animals back will it?

I think the ones near Athens and on Evia must be arson because they are so isolated from the main fires, and upwind of them! The satellite photos show the smoke blowing to the SW, so lets hope it doesn't turn towards Halkidiki. I believe they had their share of fire there a couple of years ago, didn't they?

A very sad Nightowl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login