Help please re doctors URGENT

Posted by Jane 
August 01, 2007 10:25AM
Hi, we leave on Friday to drive to Halkidiki. My husband has not been that well lately and we would like to have some information on some recommended doctors, that speak very good English. It is important that we register or go to see a doctor on arrival so we can carry on investigations into any possible problems.

All should be well, but our doctor suggested it would be good to establish a relationship with a good Greek doctor for our time over there (we are there til December)

Any help, asap, please. We leave early am Friday.

Cheers
Jane
D&A
Re: Help please re doctors URGENT
August 01, 2007 11:45AM
Hi,

Not sure where you're going to be based? Only needed the doctors in Halkidiki once, but we would recommend Dr Issa in Pefkohori (on main road opposite Mamos cafe). He speaks good english & his receptionist is english (which makes the paperwork easy).
August 01, 2007 04:13PM
Hi
Most the resorts have a doctors, look for the red cross or the chemists are usually very helpful, look for the green cross.
If you have any problems the hotel staff will know who to contact and all the doctors I came across spoke very good english and they are not frightened to actually diagnose the real problem instead of beat around the bush like here.
If you have a rep they should give you info or there will be a 24hr emergency number to contact and they will get a doctor out to you.

Hope you don't need one. Have a good time

Take care xx
August 01, 2007 06:25PM
Thanks both of you. We actually are renting a house for three years, so no hotel to help. We have lived there before for three years but didnt need to think about doctors so much then.

What we need is advice from people, ex pats, who live there and are happy with their doctor. Although I speak Greek, my husband does not and he wants to be able to discuss problems and understand the answer without going through a third person. Anyway I never did learn many medical terms !

Any more recommendations please? We are at Mola Kaliva but Pefkohori is only about 20 mins away over the mountain, so no problem. Nearest place I guess would be Hanioti or Nea Skioni, although I would imagine we will have to come over to the tourist side for more choice.

Thanks anyone, and those already answered.

Jane
August 02, 2007 12:25PM
ummmmmmmmm

where did my post go to jane ???
August 02, 2007 04:20PM
Almost in every village there is a doctor but as you are going to stay here after the end of the season and your area is not much inhabited during the winter it is good to know that in Kassandria which is the capital of the peninsula and only 15 min.drive from Mola kalyva, there is a place that is called ESY, is public, like a small hospital, open 24 hours , they have an ambulance and doctors, x-rays ect. and opposite is a pharmacy. Right from the traffic light on the main road.
August 02, 2007 05:09PM
Jeff, dont know! post it again please.

Shoey, I think I know where you mean. Is it the Kassandrea health centre or has it been renamed? Thanks for reminding me. We would like to try and find an actual doctor though, so we can establish a relationship as we are going to be over there on and off for the next three years. So any ideas on that? I know there is one in every village, but I want a good one ! and one that speaks English. As I say I can speak Greek, bit rusty now though, but when you are ill you want to speak English !

Cheers.
Jane
August 05, 2007 09:39AM
Hi good local doctor in the square in Hanioti ( he is there all year for locals)- be care full some doctors set up shop for summer to make a living from tourist insurance companies. Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login