Hanioti info needed

Hanioti info needed

Posted by euphmag 
Hanioti info needed
July 02, 2007 09:45AM
I am going to hanioti in August this year for 2 weeks staying in the Calypso hotel. I have managed to find bits of information about this hotel, the local area and all the usual stuff but thought I would start a new thread to get me some up to date information.

Perhaps some people could discuss the following questions?......

What are the best bars to eat/drink?
How much would I expect to pay for drinks, evening meals, sun beds....etc ....costs in general?
Can I hire a car or scooter...is it worth doing or are buses available?
Are the roads safe enough to ride a scooter on?
Are there any water sports on beaches?
Is there anywhere like a harbour where I could go fishing?
Has anyone been to the calypso recently?
What trips should i go on?
Whats weather like at the moment?

Plus anything else people want to discuss....

Many thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2007 12:40PM by euphmag.
Re: Hanioti info needed
July 02, 2007 02:22PM
hi .......yasou

1Eat/drink where the locals do you cant go wrong
2 about 3 euros for cocktails 1.50 euros for Amstel /Mythos 2-2.50 euros a shot of shorts
3 if you have full driving licence and over 21 YES
4 yes the roads can be very quite except weekends when people from Seloniki come down to their appartments .Personaly i stick to speed limits but most greeks cant read lol they drive everywhere as if they are late for an appointment but just let them past and all is OK.
5 Water sports YES in hanioti theres the usual peds banana ride rubber ring rides and jet skis and windsurfing.
6 No harbour just fish from the shore but take some size hooks like 22 -24 cos them fish are very clever i use fresh Rag worm but you have to go out of town for them ask the locals they will tell you where to buy them from. I have them delivered in Fourka from a Tackle shop in Kassandria.100 euros a packet of about 20 but you can half um and even 1/4 if you want Garfish, Watch out for Barracudas though cos they will snap you off .
7 never been to Calypso sorry.
8 turtle island and the pirate ship are good or the sithonia cruise Waterland is expensive and not worth the trouble thats in Seloniki anyway
9 VERY HOT been in 115s last week 40c.
10 THE cake shop near top of road by taxi rank is to die for
and polychrono is only a short taxi ride away theres a market TUESDAYS in Kassandria
if you want to go shopping for clothes an stuff go to Kalathea is the 2nd city on Halkidiki
OH and if you hire a car buy a MAP so you dont get lost lol.

yamas Kalimera

Jeff
July 03, 2007 07:06AM
WOW....you actually answered it all. Thanks for taking the time to do that. It has made me look forward to going even more!

I would go fishing on holidays when I was a kid and would just use bread. Would that be any good? Don't really want to be anywhere near a baracuda hehe

Thanks
July 03, 2007 07:19AM
yasou

breads a waste of time comes of the hook

get some octopus out a tin from supermarket its as good

Have a really great time

Jeff
July 04, 2007 06:40AM
HI,
We think one of the best cafe/bars is THE CENTRAL CAFE,IN HANIOTI SQUARE.they do a great english breakfast,and excellent cofee,also do pastas pizza light snacks and the best waffels in hanioti-if you are going to hanioti please give the CENTRAL CAFE A TRY,also a excellent place to have a relaxing drink, or cocktail,good place to people watch,and to simply enjoy the atmosphere in the square.WE ARE SURE YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED
have a great time kind regards. sherrilyn
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login