Kriopigi info

Kriopigi info

Posted by humphs 
Kriopigi info
June 23, 2007 02:49PM
We're going to stay in Kriopigi in August. Staying at the Alkyion Appts.

Just a couple of questions - Is there an internet cafe close by; where's the nearest water park?

Any information greatly received .
Re: Kriopigi info
June 23, 2007 03:18PM
hiya mate i havent staid in kriopigi before and i ont no were there is a internet cafe but the nerest waterpark is in thessaloniki. i have heard good and bad reports about the waterpark, wot date are u going
June 23, 2007 06:41PM
Not sure about internet cafe, but just a few things about Kriopigi.

We have stayed at Alkion and it is a very nice place to stay with beautiful views over the sea. Friendly staff and a nice pool area. Apartment we had was quite large and very quiet.

In Kriopigi you should try the Sweet Coffee Shop (we may see you there in August, we arrive about 9th driving permitted). Morfy and Sakis and a lovely couple and they do some lovely snacks, crepes to die for, sandwiches, buffalo beefburgers and much more. Or just a coffee, tea, icecream or beer.

Also for a drink it is nice to go to Casablanca where Debbie and Tony will make you feel welcome.

Kriopigi is mainly set on the main road and will be quite busy and noisy with traffic in August. However Alkion is set further down towards the beach and is much quieter. Try Anthoulas in the Square too for a nice meal that is different to any you will get elsewhere. Bit more expensive but very different.

We havent tried any of the other restaurants there as we live on the other side of the peninsula so just go there to see Morfy and Sakis and also go to the Casablanca.

There are other villages nearby and it would be nice if you could hire a car for a few days (try Sakis at Kriopigi cars) as there is lots to see around the peninsula and some nice quiet places/beaches to escape to in August.

Hope you find out about internet soon, I am sure there is one but not sure where it is now.

Jane
June 23, 2007 06:48PM
Thanks very much for your speedy reply. Cant wait to see the Kassandra Peninsula and all it has to offer. We intend to see as much as possible so will check out what you have suggested. Roll on August!!!
June 24, 2007 09:43AM
Hi the internet cafe's I used whilst staying in Kriopigi was one in Kalithea the next town along to the airport 5euro taxi ride or 1.30euro bus ride, the Water park is much closer to airport 50min by car, Tour operators Such as Airtours etc. run trips There at a cost if you have a family it would be better value to hire a car and do excursions yourself. Hiring cars in Halkidiki is simple enough. But I normally hire from airport after pre booking on line from Auto-europe if you take of the cost of transfers at £15 each it starts to become quite reasonable, I have just returned and Paid £129.00 for the fortnight with zero excess you have to check prices at different times as they alter according to demand, you can also arrange a car mid term through your holiday they have a office in Kalithea and I have booked online whilst there. I found a lot cheaper than using tour operator company and no problem with insurances
June 25, 2007 10:27PM
Casablanca bar & Akropolis redturant in Kriopigi both have computers.

smiling smiley
July 04, 2007 05:28PM
HI JUST A FEW LINES TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT CASABLANCA BAR KRIOPIGI NOW HAS INTERNET SERVICE UP AND RUNNING FOR ALL OUR OLD AND NEW CUSTOMERS, LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU SOON DEBBIE
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login